www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Croft Mania! - Fanfiction (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223932)

Tomb Raidering 19-01-20 22:48

Lara Crofts and their Challenge of Return: Croft Mania! {Fanfiction}

Chapter 1 ~ Prologue
Lady Croft of Thrilling Adventures was bored again. She didn’t know what to do. She pondered for a moment, “I’ve done so much in a short time. I wonder what’s next for me?” This was a genuine question, and truly one without a definite answer.

What was next for her? Raiding another tomb yet again? Stopping some bad guys from retrieving the McGuffin of death and all kinds of stuff? Marrying? She didn’t know, and she wanted to know. Sitting on the couch, she took out her PDA and turned it on. The first few words she wrote on the search bar was “How to find out what you’re going to do next?” The results were unsatisfying. “Is that it? Is that all you’ve got” mumbled Lara rather vexedly. She’d had roasted Zip and Alister by now, but unfortunately she was in a parallel universe that was way far from her world. She was alone, broken. And she was LAU Lara.

The reason she was so uninspired and so was because she had learnt a big secret. So big that it ruined her life. She had variants of herself! And they were named Classic and Reboot Laras. They had all been created by some divine entity and eventually, they got separated. Unknowing of each other, they lived their life with their most common hobby: Tomb Raiding! All of them loved Tomb Raiding! They had other things in common too, like owning a manor and being rich. But they were all rather unique. This big secret grew on LAU Lara. She didn’t know how to feel about it. She didn’t know what to do with it. Did she had to be happy about it? “So my life was controlled by this divine entity,” repeated Lara for the 1000th time. She continued, “My name is not even Lara, it’s LAU Lara. Why am I saying this out loud as if I’m trying to get this noticed by a narrator that’s telling my story?” After some time, she knew what she was going to do! She was going to somehow contact that divine entity and arrange a multiverse game where all of her variations were going to get united finally.

On a parallel universe far away, Reboot Lara got word of this news too, somehow. She was happy about it! “I’m finally not alone! Dad will be proud! I’ve found the reason for my life. Gotta tell this to Jonah!” blubbered Reboot Lara with uncontrollable feelings, mainly happiness. She had no idea of how she was going to get united with her ‘others’ but it was definitely worth a shot. “Jon-aa-AAA-HH, I’m HEE-ee-RR-rr” knocked Reboot Lara on Jonah’s door. She explained everything to him with its gritty-nitty. “Wow, must be super-duper cool to be you,” murmured Jonah. “After all I’ve sAA-aa-crificed, I have to stop and wonder, w-h-a-t w-i-l-l I become? A variation of Lara Croft? Or the Tomb Raider that I’m d-e-s-t-i-n-e-d to be? I have n-o idea, and I have n-o intention to think about it.” replied Reboot Lara. Jonah made a gesture indicating that he understood, but the reality was that he didn’t. He didn’t understand what Lara was telling to him. He just liked her and acted along to please her. Because a life without Reboot Lara is undramatic. And drama is the one that pleases all. After some more meaningless talking, Lara left Jonah‘s flat sure of herself. She was going to be the best out of the variants and she was going to prove this. “I am Destined Lara, and I’ll make my own destiny. Not Classic or LAU Lara, just me!” was Destined Lara’s last words on the path home.

Classic Lara? She didn’t care. She knew this since the beginning. And she seeked the support of TRF members. She wasn’t going to let some imposters take her throne. She was the queen after all ~ thought she, when the divine entity came in and said something that changed her life forever!

More on demand. :p How did you find it so far? :)

BlueCake 19-01-20 23:44

Haha, nice. :vlol:
I kinda always wanted to see a game where the 3 Laras get stranded together in an universe/time travelling adventure.

The Great Chi 20-01-20 17:50

Interesting, making a story that's out of the box. Well done :tmb:
That's the kind of stuff I like, and the fact you wrote it well.

The main thing about writing is not just the story, but you also have to grab your audience and make them want more.

Cheers Chi :D

MissJodieG 20-01-20 18:19

I loved it, it was such a nice read. I‘m always here for some good satire so please continue this story, I‘ll give you feedback whenever I can! :)

Lyle Croft 20-01-20 18:55

Found it. It is fun.

Tomb Raidering 20-01-20 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueCake (Post 8166525)
I kinda always wanted to see a game where the 3 Laras get stranded together in an universe/time travelling adventure.

Oh, it may happen some time in the future! Now? Who knows... :p
What would Classic Lara do if she gets stuck with two drama queens?
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Chi (Post 8166633)
Interesting, making a story that's out of the box. Well done :tmb: That's the kind of stuff I like, and the fact you wrote it well. The main thing about writing is not just the story, but you also have to grab your audience and make them want more. Cheers Chi :D

I’ll take that as a compliment. Thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 8166638)
I loved it, it was such a nice read. I‘m always here for some good satire so please continue this story, I‘ll give you feedback whenever I can! :)

Thank you very much! :hug: So here comes another one..... :p

Chapter 2 ~ The War of Light
“Who are you” questioned Classic Lara. “I am you, with the flaws removed,” replied back the divine entity, a marvelous creation itself, The Queen of Doppelgangers. “If that was just your way of trying the doors for me,” remarked Lara with a sassy attitude. The message she was trying to give of was obvious: There’s the door. But The Queen of Doppelgangers didn’t understand this, and she stayed shook for a moment.

“Anyway,” she started speaking, “I’ve come from somewhere, where once great wars raged upon, namely The War of Light. During the time of these great wars, Light was very beloved. It fed trees, flowers, animals. It lit the ways of those who were lost. It helped the weak-sighted in the dark. But people began fighting over it, they were becoming jealous. And so got born Darkness. Darkness swallowed everything, it took away everything you’d imagine: Hopes, Dreams, Mercy, Love and replaced it with Jealousy, Schemes, Negativity, Hatred. It literally penetrated the cracked hearts of indifferent people. And so did they turn into the Fallen Ones. But of course, not everyone did have a cracked heart ready to let in the Darkness. These people got turned into entities called The Guardians of Light. And to spread the Light that already was endangered, they reproduced it. Three little Lights of Great Power sparkled in the vast emptiness of Darkness. It healed the Fallen Ones, at least to some extent. And that was so how The War of Light ended. However, The General of the Fallen Ones wasn’t pleased. He got so enraged that he vowed to destroy these three little Lights of Great Power. Those Lights, my dear, are you and your two other variations. You all got scattered away from each other, and this was done intentionally by The Guardians of Light to protect you.” Not sure of Lara’s current state, The Queen of Doppelgangers asked, “Are you OK, Lara? Any questions?” Just as Lara was going to answer, she added, “But I’ve forgot my manners. I’m The Queen of Doppelgangers, but you can call me the LAU Doppelganger for short.”

— “Alright, enough of your little rant already! What do you want,” demanded Lara.
— “Err, what?,” the LAU Doppelganger was shocked!
— “I hate when people play the dumb,” snarked Lara angrily.
— “I need you to unite with your ‘other variants’ in order to defeat the General of the Fallen Ones for good,” explained the LAU Doppelganger.
— “Right. Sounds like fun! Just don’t touch my throne. I’m a cultural pop icon! My fellow fans from TRF would surely not approve!”

The LAU Doppelganger left off to warn the other two Laras. After Classic Lara’s unnaturally OK reaction to this revelation, she was positive that the other Laras would understand too. But the question was: Who was next? Reboot Lara or LAU Lara? She changed her mind: “I’ll leave the rest of the talking to my variants. Or should I? Well, I need to rest first,” said she and stopped at the nearest cafe to drink her favorite coffee, espresso...

MissJodieG 20-01-20 20:50

Another great and especially funny chapter! :D

Athukraz 21-01-20 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueCake (Post 8166525)

Tbh same

This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed :vlol:

Tomb Raidering 21-01-20 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 8166662)
Another great and especially funny chapter! :D

*AoD Lara voice* Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8166785)
Tbh same This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed :vlol:

Thank you too, Athukraz! That’s surely Destined Lara’s motivation from now on... :p

Chapter 3 ~ The Queen of Doppelgangers
“Ah, this is the life!” The LAU Doppelganger sipped her coffee. Was she genuine with her intentions? Did she really return to help the all 3 Laras? Or did she return to take her long-awaited revenge from LAU Lara? After all, LAU Lara threw her into lava and joked about it boldly -
“Talk about being your own worst enemy!”

Then there’s the fight between her and Lara in Amanda’s now-sunken ship. Lara ruthlessly wielded the Mjolnir against her! How was she going to forget all of this?! She thought about these ever since she got free will. After gaining her own will, she searched her past. And found out that she was The Queen of Doppelgangers, a title honored to her by her symbolic father; The General of the Fallen Ones. She was on the Dark Side after all. And she wanted revenge!

Taking out her phone, she rang the Reboot Doppelganger. “Would do you do me a favor and reveal the revelation to your Lara?” ~ “You mean Reboot Lara? Why, of course. That naïve girl is mine to deal with. She nearly believes everything that’s thrown at her!” Both of them laughed out loud wickedly.

Meanwhile, LAU Lara was trying to find Classic Lara. She was in her universe already. And she felt alone. Her headset didn’t get any signal, so she didn’t get to banter with neither Zip nor Alister for 2 days! 2 days! “It better be worth it, after all,” thought she. Her plan was to find Classic Lara to team up and search for the divine entity. Little did she know, the divine entity was the LAU Doppelganger, her arch-nemesis!

After some confusion on making sense from the address, she finally found Classic Lara’s manor! “Hmmm, not better than mine at any cost. Good!” commented LAU Lara and rang the bell. But wait a minute! Peculiar sounds came from the other side of the door! Was that the clanging of teapots and cups?! The door opened, revealing Classic Winston. “Miss Croft? You look so different! And weren’t you inside minutes ago? I recall you making a plan to lock me inside the freezer, again!” - Winston rolled his eyes.

“I’m sorry, I think you mixed me up with someone else,” LAU Lara was calm and collected. “So she’s similar-looking to me?” thought she. These inner-thoughts were growing and growing. She was likely to get a psychological illness at the end. But she had to keep going.

— “Come in,” said a familiar voice, “I’ve been expecting you.”
— “You did?” replied LAU Lara, startled.
— “If that’s the phrase...” Classic Lara rolled her eyes.....

MissJodieG 21-01-20 15:00

Another great chapter! I can‘t wait for all three Laras to come together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8166785)
This is funny. I imagine reboot Lara going on like I AM THE BETTER LAWRA ITS WHO IM DESTINED TO BE and then lau lara and classic lara are just sitting there unimpressed :vlol:

Haha, somehow I feel like Reboot Lara would be the most modest of the bunch. :D

Cat Woman 21-01-20 16:00

I enjoyed reading the story. Makes us want to read more. :D

TrustyBow 21-01-20 18:52

I need this to become a sitcom.

I love your characterization of the 3 different Laras. Reboot Lara's dialogue... :vlol:

lance6439 21-01-20 20:23

critically acclaimed incoming

HarleyCroft 22-01-20 13:19

Ohh my goodness the dream finally became a reality :vlol:

I blasted through all chapters so far and am thirsting for more. Besides having your trademark humour that makes visions of goofiness burst into the mind, there's serious underlying talent in your writing. The wanderlust plaguing Lara's mind in the introduction is particularly exquisite :tmb:

(For someone who claims to like all 3 Laras you sure roast Reboot Croft until she's charred and crispy :whi: )

Keep it up, plz! I'm sure you'll never run out of ideas :D

Tomb Raidering 22-01-20 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 8166818)
Another great chapter! I can‘t wait for all three Laras to come together. Haha, somehow I feel like Reboot Lara would be the most modest of the bunch. :D

Is she, really? :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Woman (Post 8166825)
I enjoyed reading the story. Makes us want to read more. :D

Thank you! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8166856)
I need this to become a sitcom. I love your characterization of the 3 different Laras. Reboot Lara's dialogue... :vlol:

A sitcom is a dream of mine too! If there’s ever going to be one, scriptwriters could ‘borrow’ my writings for an adaptation. I demand no money or anything. :cln:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 8166876)
critically acclaimed incoming

I’ll take that as a compliment, I guess? :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8166956)
Ohh my goodness the dream finally became a reality :vlol: I blasted through all chapters so far and am thirsting for more. Besides having your trademark humour that makes visions of goofiness burst into the mind, there's serious underlying talent in your writing. The wanderlust plaguing Lara's mind in the introduction is particularly exquisite :tmb: (For someone who claims to like all 3 Laras you sure roast Reboot Croft until she's charred and crispy :whi: ) Keep it up, plz! I'm sure you'll never run out of ideas :D

Well, no love comes without criticism. :p It helps to improve...

Chapter 4 ~ The Union
Classic Winston didn’t believe his eyes! There were two Laras in front of him! Just as he was going to start chatting with LAU Lara, Classic Lara made a gesture indicating to leave them alone. So he made up his best excuse: “Uh, I’ll go to fetch the newly-steeped tea!”

Classic Lara and LAU Lara talked nearly for hours. They discussed their origins and The Queen of Doppelgangers’ claims.

— “Wait! So you’re telling me that The Queen of Doppelgangers is the LAU Doppelganger herself?! Oh, what have I done!” LAU Lara was uneasy.
— “What have you done? You surely didn’t throw her into hot lava like I did to my doppelganger back in the day, pfft.” Classic Lara was optimistic.
— “You did too?!” LAU Lara was in a state of shock! She continued, “It was a long time ago. Stuff happened. I was after a woman named Natla. She was doing... bad things. I needed to stop her. But this doppelganger stood in my way, killing it was the only way to continue on my just cause. I may have enjoyed it a little bit, hence I made a quite bold joke. And I think that she may have overheard it!”
— “You fool! What have you done? I took care of Natla a long time ago!” said Classic Lara disapprovingly.
— “The thing is, your Natla must have been a different Natla belonging to your universe. But my Natla was an immortal goddess, and I’ve seen her more than once. She returned to ruin my life years later. And she brought that doppelganger with her, more powerful than ever. I don’t want to go into the details.”

After some more arguing, they finally made a joint decision: They needed to find Reboot Lara as soon as possible to warn her!

“How a-m I going to find t-h-e-m-?” Destined Lara was desperately in need of help. She didn’t know where to start, so she started glancing through her late father Lord Richard Croft’s notes and researches.
“There’s nothing! D-a-m-m-i-t-!” She didn’t find anything apart from the usual stuff about Kitezh and Paititi. Then she heard a knock on the door! Being in Richard’s study upstairs, she felt lazy. “Rourke! Would you get the door please?” requested Destined Lara. Rourke was his forever-grateful butler, and he had been resurrected by the Mayan Gods as a gift to Lara after she passed the ‘Trial of the Silver Box’ where Lara tempted to bring her parents back to life but didn’t. “I’m on it, Miss Croft!” remarked Rourke. “What would I d-o without you,” whispered Lara to herself.

Some loud voices came from downstairs!
— “Move along ma chere! You make the place look crowded!”
— “If there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my adventures, do not deal with dangerous women like us! Let us in!”
— “Look, ladies! I can’t let you in without getting permission from my Mistress,” said the faithful labourer Rourke.
— “Let them in, I k-n-o-w who they are,” claimed Destined Lara, continuing:
“Welcome to my most modest dwelling!”

HarleyCroft 22-01-20 18:23

Fascinating, I never considered Doppie might hold a grudge about the lava incident against our girl

So with 3 original Crofts, bacon Lara, LAU bacon Lara and the Underworld leather hottie.. does that mean there are potentially 6 Laras?? :eek: Are the original flesh Laras dead or do they exist in this reality because they once were part of the canon? Would OG bacon Lara have become a leather babe as well so that makes another potential? Ooh, my aching brain.. :pi: :p

Edit: PLOT TWIST! This Doppie is actually AoD Lara in disguise. Pale skin, red hair, black eyeliner, rotten attitude.. AoD is after Classic Lara because she's bitter she never found the fabled Dagger of Xian in the Aquatic Research Center. AoD Lara tried to break into TR3's manor but alas, is lacking the sprint + roll move in order to get into the treasure room :cry:

**This is an alternative alternative fic.. not trying to usurp yours because I'm sure whatever ideas you're cooking up are much better :ton:

Tomb Raidering 22-01-20 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8166996)
Your fanfiction of my fanfiction (:p) is actually quite good. Someone, please code in the sprint+roll to AoD Lara!

IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS:
There’s 3 Laras (Classic, LAU, Reboot) and there’s 3 doppelgangers of them (Classic, LAU, Reboot).
• The Classic Bacon Lara’s not dead (of course). And she has slightly more polygons. Just imagine AoD Lara without skin. :vlol:
• The Anniversary Bacon Lara and the Underworld Doppelganger is one and the same (to me), so I call her the LAU Doppelganger.
• Then there’s the Reboot Doppelganger from Shadow’s Nightmare DLC. She needed some spotlight too! :p
So yeah, 3 doppelgangers for 3 Laras = 6 unique Laras
I’m not going to insert all the Natlas and Richard Crofts into the story. Well, because, let’s just say that the story is as complex as it is right now. Let’s not turn it into Kingdom Hearts completely...... :p

HarleyCroft 23-01-20 14:32

I take it there are 3 Winstons since you called one Classic Winston? He's always been my favourite! Flatulence aside, deflecting Lara's bullets with a tea tray: Badass Level 100 :D

LAU Winston is pretty much useless, especially since he never shares his apparent teleporting ability to help Lara in any way.

And of course, the offscreen Reboot Winston couldn't even handle the Croft manor freezer. Wuss. :rolleyes:

Classic Winston 4 Life! :cool:

ChocolateFan 23-01-20 17:04

So, if I got it right, there are three doppelgangers, and one of them is the Queen? And she is the Queen because of her "symbolic" father? How is that?

Interesting story, I would like to read more.

*Von Croy voice* Or do you wish to stop for... tea?

Cat Woman 23-01-20 17:08

HarleyCroft - Great analogy............. soooooo funny. :vlol:

Tomb Raidering 23-01-20 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8167157)
This may be unpopular, but my fav butler is LAU Winston. He’s the middle ground: not too fatherly like Reboot Winston and not too slavish like Classic Winston. :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocolateFan (Post 8167183)
So, if I got it right, there are three doppelgangers, and one of them is the Queen? And she is the Queen because of her "symbolic" father? How is that? Interesting story, I would like to read more. *Von Croy voice* Or do you wish to stop for... tea?

Thank you! And... definitely not... ^.^
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Woman (Post 8167186)
HarleyCroft - Great analogy............. soooooo funny. :vlol:

Isn’t it? :vlol:

Chapter 5 ~ The Union {Continued}
“Welcome to my most modest dwelling!” Destined Lara inhaled and sighed simultaneously. Her voice was abnormally breathy and whiney. This angered the already-furious Classic Lara, “But you could keep your mouth shut!”
“Hello to you too,” Destined Lara got cocky. Butler Rourke was amazed and shocked at the same time. LAU Lara tried to calm Classic Lara down.

Butler Rourke left to steep some tea for the guests, and Destined Lara guided them through the manor.

— “Sorry about the state of this room. I haven’t renovated in 20 years.”
— “All of these sound so familiar,” said Classic Lara.
Then she remembered. These were all alterations of her famous lines - ‘Welcome back to my humble abode. Feel free to take a look around,’ and ‘Ah... The main hall. Sorry about the crates. I'm having some things put into storage, but the delivery-people haven't been yet.’ “Stop copying me!” Classic Lara literally bursted!

— “Better keep your distance then,” said Destined Lara audaciously.
— “We’ve come to warn you about something.” LAU Lara tried to change the subject.
— “What’s the matter?” asked Destined Lara.

— “So these doppelgangers returned to our lives to get their past due revenge, all because of LAU Lara?!” commented Destined Lara.
— “I can’t believe we’re in the same opinion!” smiled Classic Lara, only to frown again and turn her face away from Destined Lara like a sulky infant.
— “Why can’t any of you understand me? I’m tired of trying to explain myself. What have you done that benefited us? You {to Classic Lara} literally burned your doppelganger in lava just like me and you {to Destined Lara} got terrified of your doppelganger like a 3-year-old!” LAU Lara preached facts.

Just as they were going to get in a seriously big fight, the door knocked. “Must be my doppelganger! I’ll show her who’s smart,” declared Destined Lara. Classic Lara and LAU Lara hid in Richard’s study upstairs.
Destined Lara opened the door, revealing the Reboot Doppelganger. “Long time no see,” was Reboot Doppelganger’s first words. “W-h-a-t do you w-a-n-t-?” Destined Lara asked the obvious. The Reboot Doppelganger babbled and rambled on. She literally told the same stuff that the LAU Doppelganger explained to Classic Lara. “Uh-huh,” affirmed Destined Lara as if she was listening.
The Reboot Doppelganger finally finished her discourse and went off to impart the new, juicy gossip to the other doppelgangers.

— “Imbecile!” claimed Destined Lara, closing the door.
— “We’ve heard everything and we’re proud of you!” explained LAU Lara.
— “Me too, my Mistress!” Butler Rourke flattered his platonic love.
— “Not me,” said Classic Lara...

HarleyCroft 25-01-20 14:02

Aw, Classic Lara is being so snooty to her sister/clones. You'd think she'd be excited for another adventure! :p

I'm ready for what happens next! :D Who makes the first move.. the Laras or the Dopples? (AngelinaLara would definitely be proactive against the enemy ;))

MBog 25-01-20 17:05

I've just read through all the episodes and it's so incredibly funny and accurate :vlol:
Only referring to reboot Lara as " Destined " Lara makes me laugh so much, it's amazing :D Well done

NoahCrofRaider 25-01-20 23:09

Ah, a nice read! :D It’s interesting to see all three Lara’s interacting, and I really like how you wrote them. Their interactions are funny, especially with classic Lara acting like the annoyed big sister haha!

Tomb Raidering 26-01-20 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8167515)
Aw, Classic Lara is being so snooty to her sister/clones. You'd think she'd be excited for another adventure! :p

You know? I’d like to call them sisters too! But, I’m honestly vigilant. I am positive that the hardcore fans would bash me... :whi:

Quote:

I'm ready for what happens next! :D Who makes the first move.. the Laras or the Dopples? (AngelinaLara would definitely be proactive against the enemy ;))
I’m curious too... Who makes the first move? And what is the first move? :ohn:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MBog (Post 8167554)
I've just read through all the episodes and it's so incredibly funny and accurate :vlol:
Only referring to reboot Lara as " Destined " Lara makes me laugh so much, it's amazing :D Well done

Thank you for your kind words! I’m glad that you like it. I love when I cause someone to crack a smile... ^.^
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 8167587)
Ah, a nice read! :D It’s interesting to see all three Lara’s interacting, and I really like how you wrote them. Their interactions are funny, especially with classic Lara acting like the annoyed big sister haha!

‘Annoyed, big sister’ is the correct phrase to describe Classic Lara imho. :p I think they all like each other, tbh...

Chapter 6 ~ The Last Revelation
— “As if you’ve been pleased for once!” Destined Lara was on her way to become the Tomb Raider she was destined to be, it seemed. She continued, “Can’t you be happy for once? Why are you so self-centric like this? You did heroic acts in y-o-u-r universe, you were famous t-h-e-r-e-. But this is m-y universe, and I’m the Lara Croft that’s known h-EE-ee-rr-RR. I don’t know how things go on in your universe, but—“
— “If I had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that!” Classic Lara quipped.
— “Did she just call me a lunatic?!” Destined Lara cracked up.
— “I’m sick of you two! Ugh...” LAU Lara lost her patience, “You two will stop this nonsense. Now!” She calmed down and added, “We’re heading off to my manor right away. One of the doppelgangers could be there any minute, and I don’t want them to get suspicious. Understood?”
— “Understood!” Classic Lara and Destined Lara said at the same time. Surprised, they looked at each other.

— “Zip, Alister—” LAU Lara sighed and continued on, “Winston. Meet my variants, Lara Croft and, well... Lara Croft. Call them Classic Lara and Reboot Lara respectively.”
— “Destined Lara,” corrected Destined Lara.
— “Whatever, like it’s so important,” commented Classic Lara.

LAU Lara facepalmed, shaking her head in dismay. Then she started laughing hysterically. She acrobatted her way around until she calmed down. Then she explained everything to the manor folk. Zip was shocked, presumably. But LAU Winston was understanding, “Your father would’ve been proud, Lady Croft. And so would’ve your mother.” He glanced at the Croft Family painting above the chimney for a moment. LAU Lara noticed this, and she started gazing at the painting too.
— “Well, you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours though. Hello?” Classic Lara ruined the emotional moment.
— “You’ve lost your parents too! That’s the problem, right?” Destined Lara hugged LAU Lara.
— “Thank you for your support,” LAU Lara was trying to stay strong.
— “Ugh, what I have to work with...” Classic Lara complained.

Then the bell rang! “Quick, hide! All of you! Now!” LAU Lara panicked! After tying her shoes and fixing her hairband, she opened the door. “Why, hello there! I’m the Classic Doppelganger. And I’m sent here by The Queen of Doppelgangers,” said the fleshless, ugly creature. “The Queen of who?” LAU Lara played the dumb. The Classic Doppelganger literally revealed the revelation that was getting old at this point, but of course, to keep their evil plan going on she excluded The Queen of Doppelgangers’ real identity. “Interesting. I’m always up for a new adventure!” said LAU Lara. “We’ll discuss the further details and inform you,” the Classic Doppelganger claimed and left.

— “Who makes the next move?” questioned Classic Lara curiously.

MBog 26-01-20 14:51

Quote:

— “Destined Lara,” corrected Destined Lara.
Omg I can't even :vlol:

Raider8 27-01-20 16:26

So i just went through all 6 chapters and I'm hooked. Please bring more. The most funniest parts are: classic lara pissed by the constant drama, destined lara instead of reboot, destined Lara's outdated and copied (cancelled 8th dlc) dialogues and being over dramatic. I'm so dead laughing. what a disaster are they when together!

Tomb Raidering 28-01-20 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBog (Post 8167675)
Omg I can't even :vlol:

Classic Lara can’t even... :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8168016)
So i just went through all 6 chapters and I'm hooked. Please bring more. The most funniest parts are: classic lara pissed by the constant drama, destined lara instead of reboot, destined Lara's outdated and copied (cancelled 8th dlc) dialogues and being over dramatic. I'm so dead laughing. what a disaster are they when together!

Thank you! I’m glad that you like it. Unfortunately, everything has an ending and this story’s ending is nearing.

Chapter 7 - The Beautiful Fugitives
“Of course we! G-o-d d-a-m-m-i-t-, are you insane or what?!” Destined Lara was about to unleash Classic Lara’s wrath. Classic Lara literally boiled, her face reddened. LAU Lara was aware of what was going to happen, but she didn’t know what to do. She was too late already.
*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

“I’ll show you what this little rat can do!” Destined Lara and Classic Lara fought all day. They were truly professionals at dodging projectiles. Bullets and arrows were nothing to both. “HAH,” Classic Lara sighed after consuming a medipack whilst Destined Lara was behind cover regenerating. It was getting dark and rain started pouring on. Both Classic Lara and Destined Lara stopped the action after noticing this. “We’ll continue this later,” said Classic Lara. “No one’s going to ruin the Croft family name!” nodded Destined Lara.

Both wanted to return to their own worlds, so they approached LAU Lara, whom had an artifact of great power that granted travelling between universes: The Key of Hearts. LAU Lara took out the artifact. And just as they were going to get their wishes, the door rang. And like if that wasn’t enough, the person or people on the other side of the door knocked rather violently! LAU Lara opened the door. It was the police. “What was those gunshots all about, Miss Croft?” asked the young man who knew LAU Lara. He saw Destined Lara and Classic Lara. In a state of shock, the women busted out of the main hall’s window. The police, now not listening to LAU Lara, certified them as suspects.

— “It’s all because of you!”
— “No, it’s all because of you!”

The women were accusing each other. After taking a ride from an helpful driver, they were in London. The Backstreets of London. The police were looking for them and they had to hide. They didn’t know where to go. They didn’t know what to do.

— “The safest place is the rooftops,” said Classic Lara.
— “I can handle that!” Destined Lara was sure of herself.

And so did they climb up. Way high up. Classic Lara saw a little shed on top of a roof across, which seemed to be padlocked. “Could be something useful in there. I need to find a way to prize those doors open,” she thought out loud and found a conveniently placed crowbar nearby. Now the only thing left was to get across there. She saw a wire and commented, “That wire looks like it will take my weight.” Destined Lara found it weird that Classic Lara was talking to herself, but she said nothing because she didn’t want to anger the amazonian.

As they were climbing across the wire, they heard peculiar sounds. It was a police helicopter chasing them! But Classic Lara didn’t mind this. There was an obstacle in front of her way and of course she had to comment: “Press duck to tuck my legs up!” ~ “Are you talking to your imaginary friend in a situation like this!” yelled Destined Lara, trying to get her voice heard by Classic Lara. “Umm, yes,” admitted Classic Lara.

A gun-shot was heard.

To be continued...

Raider8 30-01-20 18:58

omg. This part has serious Parisian backstreets vibes lol. This is so damn relatable as if a new game is created with nothing but the existing assets and dialogues lol.

HarleyCroft 06-02-20 23:19

But.. who shot the gun?? :eek:

Tomb Raidering 14-03-20 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider8 (Post 8168723)
omg. This part has serious Parisian backstreets vibes lol. This is so damn relatable as if a new game is created with nothing but the existing assets and dialogues lol.

Coincidence? :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 8170878)
But.. who shot the gun?? :eek:

You’ll finally find out! [Clue: Industrial Rooftops :whi:]

Chapter 8 - The Beautiful Fugitives (Continued)
— “AA-aagh” squawked Classic Lara in pain AoD-esquely.
— “Are you alright?” Destined Lara was worried.

Classic Lara didn’t answer. Despite the police helicopter shooting her, she seemed OK. She imagined entering an inventory menu and consuming a health pack. As a consequence, she sighed, “HAH,” and her imaginary flashing health bar disappeared. After what seemed like a dreadfully long climb across, they reached the rooftop with the little shed. Classic Lara took out her newly acquired crowbar and prized open the padlocked door. Entering inside, she found a pistol. “Finally, some firepower!” she commented. “We already have weapons,” Destined Lara thought they wasted their time.

Whilst all of this was happening, the police helicopter generously waited outside. Destined Lara, returning back to the topic, asked, “What are we going to do?” ~ “Shockingly, I don’t know too,” replied Classic Lara. After some time, they decided what they were going to do: They were going to make a running jump across to a building for no logical reason. The police helicopter was nearing to shoot them for a second time. “NOW!” Classic Lara instructed. Of course, the ledge crumbled in their hands and they fell down, dumping themselves into the garbage container down below.

2 Days Later...

— “Why were we even on the run like real fugitives?”
— “I don’t understand either.”

The two were locked up in a cell at a local police station and they were waiting for LAU Lara to complete the legal work for their release. 2 days went rough for the two beloved explorers. They never got locked up in a police cell before in their lives, and it took them a while to adapt to their new surroundings. Since there was no crime committed, they were going to get released easily. And eventually, they got released. LAU Lara teased the two on the way to her manor.

All of them were tired and hungry. And unfortunately LAU Winston was on holiday. Luckily, LAU Lara knew of a very good local Chinese restaurant, and the trio went there. All eyes were on them because of their striking similarities, and this angered Classic Lara: “I might be quite hungry myself, famished actually!” Everyone ran away from the restaurant, thinking that Classic Lara was a cannibal. LAU Lara naturally facepalmed and Destined Lara commented, “You need to improve your oneliners.”

— “I wanna go h-o-m-e,” nagged Destined Lara.
— “Can’t you stop for a moment? She’s fetching the artifact. You know what? It’ll be a great pleasure to not see you for a few days,” Classic Lara roasted Destined Lara.
— “Hmmph!”

LAU Lara came to their rescue and brought The Key of Hearts. But the artifact wasn’t working! Classic Lara and Destined Lara were trapped in LAU Lara’s universe!

Meanwhile...

“HAHAHA,” an evil voice laughed wickedly. The owner of the evil voice was watching the three Laras from his crystal ball. The LAU Doppelganger assured him, “Your command is fulfilled, Father.”

MBog 15-03-20 11:19

oh no the doppelganger has daddy issues too ? :vlol:

Tomb Raidering 23-03-20 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBog (Post 8178580)
oh no the doppelganger has daddy issues too ? :vlol:

No! He’s not her ‘real’ father. The ‘symbolic’ father, remember? :p

Chapter 9 - The Plot Thickens

— “Uh oh!” Classic Lara was getting worried.
— “Why isn’t it working?” LAU Lara questioned herself.
Destined Lara started crying.
— “Oh, hush!”

After spending some time examining the artifact, they found the reason of its malfunction: A part of it was cracked. LAU Lara commented, “It’s deliberate, which isn’t good.”

— “So what are we g-o-i-n-g to do?!” asked Destined Lara.
— “Not to worry. I know someone who’s a professional in repairing artifacts and relics. I’ll go to his shop and let him see what he can do. You two stay here. Be good girls and don’t be naughty,” said LAU Lara and left.
— “Did she just scorn us?” Classic Lara didn’t want to believe.
— “It appears to be so!”

Meanwhile...

“They thought we were unaware of their plans. They thought they were superior than us. But we’re always a step ahead of them thanks to this crystal ball,” explained The General of the Fallen Ones. He and the LAU Doppelganger had evil plans for the trio. They knew that the three Laras would eventually team up and try to defeat them. The Reboot Doppelganger and the Classic Doppelganger played the dumb on purpose.

— “You deserved a day off, creature.”

The General of the Fallen Ones was both handsome and intelligent. The LAU Doppelganger secretly loved him. “I’m sick of this ‘symbolic father’ issue. I want you,” she thought deep inside, and went to spend her day off just like her master commanded.

— “I can do this Lara, I just need a few days. I’m repairing artifacts for other clients,” said LAU Lara’s artifact-repairer friend John.
— “But this is urgent! I have... people waiting for it!”
— “Sorry Lara. Even if we’re old friends here, it’s business sweetie.”
— “You know how persuasive I can be, even with dangerous men.”

— “It’s alright girls, I’ve got the artifact repaired,” claimed LAU Lara.
— “This quick?!” Both Classic Lara and Destined Lara were delighted.
— “I’m a woman of secrets, you know?”

The women gave each other a warm smile. And the two foreigners went to their own universes with the help of the artifact. “I’ll miss you two Tomb Raiding freaks,” sighed LAU Lara. But of course they were going to reunite, they had plans going on against the LAU Doppelganger, thought she. She was tired. After a warm bath, she went to bed.

Meanwhile...

— “What did we do wrong, Father?” asked the LAU Doppelganger.
— “Nothing. I wanted the two to get back to their universes hence I didn’t stop LAU Lara from what she was doing,” answered The General of the Fallen Ones.
— “Then why did we break the artifact in the first place?” The LAU Doppelganger was puzzled.
— “I hate when I get questioned so much.”
— “Sorry, Father.”

The LAU Doppelganger, even though having free will, was literally The General of the Fallen One’s slave. And she liked being his slave. She felt like she was making him happy. And making him happy was her ultimate goal. “He’ll also love me one day!” The LAU Doppelganger was hopeful.

“Love is blind. She’ll be useful to me in the future. Then I’ll need her no more,” thought The General of the Fallen Ones. He, having a dark heart with no light, was merciless.

What was in store for the LAU Doppelganger?

MBog 24-03-20 15:22

Oh not poor Doppelganger , she's in a toxic relationship and doesn't even realise it :(:p

"then why did we break it in the first place?" :vlol:
Who could this Father be ...?

HarleyCroft 27-03-20 23:52

Can't wait until Doppie breaks free from her Father :mis:

ThirteenCroft 01-04-20 22:33

OMG I need more of it :vlol:

I'm waiting for the next chapters :jmp:

Tomb Raidering 12-04-20 00:47

Chapter 10 - Calm Before The Storm

A Few Days Later - Destined Lara’s Manor

— “Welcome to my most modest dwelling yet again! What brought you here?” Destined Lara was pleased to see her variants yet again it seemed.
— “Don’t get too excited. LAU Lara forced me to come here. Apparently she’s got something to tell us,” explained Classic Lara grumpily.
— “If you noticed, I was talking to LAU Lara. My face was turned towards h-e-r-, not y-o-u-!
— “Ugh, bloody hell. Here we go again”

LAU Lara ignored the two and acrobatted her way to the oversized kitchen to fetch herself some water. “This seems so familiar,” she thought. Then she remembered: “My god, Classic Lara!” she yelled. The two women who were still in a heated argument came over. “What’s the matter?” asked Destined Lara.

— “This kitchen...” LAU Lara wasn’t brave enough to finish the sentence.
— “This kitchen! It’s a literal copy of MY kitchen,” shouted Classic Lara.
— “My architect did a little miscalculation whilst the renovations were taking place,” replied Destined Lara, “Anyway-“

Classic Lara interrupted Destined Lara’s sentence: “Stop!”, and crossed her arms. Destined Lara rolled her eyes. Classic Lara enjoyed the sight she created.

HarleyCroft 12-04-20 23:19

Haha still love that banter between Laras :D

Raider8 18-04-20 21:21

Damn i wish we could see the oversized kicthen of destined lara in that never-gonna-come dlc.

There should be a part in this when LAU/classic lara get into reboot Lara's wardrobe and find every single outfit nothing but tribal and start roasting her.