Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Stevo505 11-02-13 00:12

It would be fun if we got to explore a technologically advanced part of the island. That Advanced Imaging thing still has me very intrigued.

Lara_Fan_33 11-02-13 00:20

[QUOTE=Stevo505;6645186]It would be fun if we got to explore a technologically advanced part of the island. That Advanced Imaging thing still has me very intrigued.[/QUOTE]

"its like finding atlantis" :p
yeah that would be really cool, I'm just hoping theres alot more to the story than weve seen, and I think there is. And I was looking through a really old thread I made and look at my original expectations for the environments :eek: Its like CD listened to me :vlol:

[QUOTE]Environments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Ive been thinking alot lately about the environments that CD are going to give us in TR9. The diversity of locations, how big the island is going to be, the dynamic elements, the weather, the elements, the amount of interactions you can make in said environments etc. There are a HUGE amount of possabilites that werent available before seeing as CD now has a lot more money (thanks to Square), have had more time to work on this game than any of theyre previous TRs, and also from what ive heard Squareenix is opening up some of its best technology for CD to use So ive made this thread so we can discuss environments, what kind of environments do you want to see on this remote island in Japan?
Heres a few examples of what I would like to see

Diversity of Locations
- Beaches
It is obvious that Lara will be visiting the beach at some point in her travels, so i would love to explore the wreckage of ships and planes, maybe finding items that date back further and further showing Lara the history of the island. I would also love to be able to swim in the ocean, maybe currents and/or jagged rocks under the water could take the place of invisible walls and barriers, so we know how far we can swim. There should be sand that Lara makes prints in (she could make prints in TR3 so she should be able to do so here as well) and there should be fallen trees and boulders, stuff like that. more will be added to this later.
- Forest
Im sure lara will come across some sort of forest, its inevitable on a remote island like this one. I know its probably very hard to make a forest look good seeing as theres so much complexity and diversity (every tree is different, random rocks and such) but im sure CD can pull something off, id love to see bushes, lots of them, and Lara should be able to run through them. Also Lara should be able to climb trees (but only the tallest ones) to get a good look of her surroundings, and possibly even hide from enemies. there should be different types of forest depeding on where on the island Lara is. Perhaps in forests closer to the beach, it is much brighter, there are many more nicer animals, and its just a happier atmosphere overall, but as lara progresses deaper to the islands core, the forests get darker and creepier, there will be more dangerous enemies, and the terain will be unforgiving. Entrences to caves and such should be lying dormant in the forests too, as well as rivers and creeks that lara can swim in. theres much more for the forest, maybe ill add some more ideas later
- Cliff tops
Aaaah Clifftops There are many neat elements that could be brought onto clifftops. First of all, climbing cliif tops should be possible almost everywhere, obviously lara wont be able to climb the steap cliffs at the beggining in the condition shes in, but as you progress through the game, lara can find gear for climbing, increase her confidence enough to try it, and she should be stronger, making previously relentless cliffs accessable Cliff tops should be a place where the player can feel more safe, because i would love there to be a complete view of the part of the island the cliff is facing, allowing the player to maybe see temples and secret areas that couldnt be seen in the forest or from the beach. However in the nightime, the cliffs could become a place of EXTREME danger And rather then the enemies being the biggest threat up on the cliffs, the environment itself would be the most dangerous. Rockslides, waterfalls obscuring paths, unstable rocks, slippery rocks etc. To access caves and such that could possibly lead to the forest or beach, Lara could maybe have to push boulders out of the way or clear bushes. As for plants, depending how high you are and where on the island you are, the amount will change, as well as the types of plants. Phew ill have to add more to this later
- Swamps
Now swamps arent something completely necessary, but they could certainly add cool elements to the gameplay The ground could give way absolutley anywhere because of the mud, and the most dangerous animals could prowl here, making the swamp a very hazardous area to play. The base camps in swamps would be located on stable islands. Lara could have to climb up trees and jump from tree to tree to get to her destination within the swamp, or maybe she would be daring enough to swim (but not in the mud or she would drown ) And an awesome gameplay mechanic would be if lara could chop down trees in the swamp (and elsewhere) to get across gaps and swampy areas too far to jump across. there could be tons of moss and thick plants that would make surprise attacks from enemies even more of a surprise! more to be added later
- Caves, Tombs, and Temples
It wouldnt be Tomb raider without the Tombs now would it? It was stated in the GI article that the game starts out in a cave, full of treasure and tribal rituals, i would love to see more of these throughout the island. The entrance to a cave could be anywhere on the island, and depending what terrain the entrance was found in would change the scenery on the inside (types of rock, water, lava etc.) Cave-ins are a must, these could add very dramatic and action packed moments during gameplay (outrunning a cave in and jumping out the entrance to the cave ) Some caves would be very dark so torches would be around as well. As for the Tombs, well these would be simular to caves, housing torches, ritual areas, skeletons, and treasure. BUT Tombs will hopefully have very intricate and deadly traps, puzzles, and magnificent burial chambers. this would be the areas of teh game where the player would feel most like a Tomb raider. There could be alot of intricate and clostraphobic tunnels, as well as huge chambers and rooms. Some areas of Tombs moght not be accesable until a key or puzzle peice is found on a different part of the island. And last but not least temples. These would be the crumbled ruines above Tombs, i would love to have temples house the entrance to a Tomb. Lara could have to push rubble and fallen peices of the temple to open the entrance of the tomb, seeing as the puzzles and switches would most likely be broken and unusuable. Temples could be located anywhere on the island, on cliffs, in swamps, in teh forest, and sometimes on the beach. And as with all the other parts, i will add more to this later.

__________________________________________________ ______________

[/QUOTE]
link to thread [URL="http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=176467"]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=176467[/URL]

Valentino 11-02-13 00:35

Keeley Hawes and Camilla Luddington have something in common. They were both in the (awful) film Kate & William: A Royal Love Story. Who knew? Two voices of Lara Croft together in one film. (Technically, Keeley was the narrator)

Evan C. 11-02-13 00:36

[QUOTE=Valentino;6645217]Keeley Hawes and Camilla Luddington have something in common. They were both in the (awful) film Kate & William: A Royal Love Story. Who knew? Two voices of Lara Croft together in one film. (Technically, Keeley was the narrator)[/QUOTE]

I didn't knew that, incredible.

trfanX34 11-02-13 00:39

[QUOTE=Valentino;6645217]Keeley Hawes and Camilla Luddington have something in common. They were both in the (awful) film Kate & William: A Royal Love Story. Who knew? Two voices of Lara Croft together in one film. (Technically, Keeley was the narrator)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't know Keeley was in that movie.

TippingWater 11-02-13 01:08

[QUOTE=trfanX34;6645225]Oh, I didn't know Keeley was in that movie.[/QUOTE]

Afaik there was no narration.

edit: She narrated a documentary with the same name as the movie [url]http://www.keeley-hawes.com/news/content/keeley-hawes-narrates-kate-and-william-royal-love-story-bbc[/url].

Lara_Fan_33 11-02-13 03:13

Weather this is important or not, I found out that [COLOR="white"]Himiko[/COLOR] was spelt with 3 chinese symbols, the 3 symbols representing 1) "low; inferior; humble .2) "fill, cover; full; whole, complete .3) "breathe out; exhale; cry out; call"
interesting.. or maybe not
I also find it interesting that [COLOR="White"]Himiko "occupied herself with sorcery and magic, bewitching the people".. this could mean many things.[/COLOR]

Tonyrobinson 11-02-13 04:07

I am so surprised nothing has been revealed or leaked at this late stage. It is ice going into the game not knowing what to expect. :)

dantedmc 11-02-13 04:09

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6645432]I am so surprised nothing has been revealed or leaked at this late stage. It is ice going into the game not knowing what to expect. :)[/QUOTE]

[url]http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/achievements.html[/url] leaked

Zebra 11-02-13 04:21

[QUOTE=dantedmc;6645434][url]http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/achievements.html[/url] leaked[/QUOTE]

I thought those were officially released :confused:.

dantedmc 11-02-13 04:23

[QUOTE=Zebra;6645441]I thought those were officially released :confused:.[/QUOTE]

my mistake possibly:p

p.s

where did Karl say whatever they showcase now is from old built or something? is that a new interview?

Lara_Fan_33 11-02-13 04:33

[QUOTE=dantedmc;6645443]my mistake possibly:p

p.s

where did Karl say whatever they showcase now is from old built or something? is that a new interview?[/QUOTE]

Thats a good question! I remember someone saying it not too long ago, I wonder what the finished version looks like *.*

dantedmc 11-02-13 04:40

[QUOTE=Lara_Fan_33;6645448]Thats a good question! I remember someone saying it not too long ago, I wonder what the finished version looks like *.*[/QUOTE]

but is that information correct?

davidmeyer000 11-02-13 05:16

I saw a commercial for Tomb Raider during The Walking Dead tonight. <3 Awesome sauce <3 You know Lara be gettin' the publicity she deserves, finally!

Stevo505 11-02-13 05:21

[QUOTE=davidmeyer000;6645465]I saw a commercial for Tomb Raider during The Walking Dead tonight. <3 Awesome sauce <3 You know Lara be gettin' the publicity she deserves, finally![/QUOTE]

Omg I am about to watch it!

TippingWater 11-02-13 05:23

[QUOTE=davidmeyer000;6645465]I saw a commercial for Tomb Raider during The Walking Dead tonight. <3 Awesome sauce <3 You know Lara be gettin' the publicity she deserves, finally![/QUOTE]

That's lovely! :D

Tonyrobinson 11-02-13 06:41

The [COLOR="White"]Chatterbox[/COLOR] achievement seems to suggest either side quests or a [COLOR="white"]return to basecamp safely[/COLOR] system in place. :p

In other news final hours and the last podcast about going gold and before the game release should be coming soon right?! :yik:

robm_2007 11-02-13 06:57

The second whited-out thing you mention is the Fast Travel system. And it's not a secret :p

SpyrosMonster 11-02-13 12:09

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;6645501]The [COLOR="White"]Chatterbox[/COLOR] achievement seems to suggest either side quests or a [COLOR="white"]return to basecamp safely[/COLOR] system in place. :p

In other news final hours and the last podcast about going gold and before the game release should be coming soon right?! :yik:[/QUOTE]

I think we will get the podcast and one of the Final hours in the Launch day and another final hours sometime soon... I mean in the next 2 weeks.

EDIT: Is that a new concept art!? [url]http://uman.eu.square-enix.com/tracker.php?doc=TRFIX17&code=2212745&lang=en&page=email&id=VIDEO[/url] (On the top of the page)

Weemanply109 11-02-13 13:37

[QUOTE=Mikky;6645090]^ TRF's servers will probably overload on the day of release, though. :vlol:[/QUOTE]

Will they overload with praise or hype? The ultimate question, tbh.

[QUOTE=TheRCroft;6645104]I don't care enough about you to read your posts. I always skip your posts, actually. ( good of you to admit <3 )

Btw, I'm having a bit of a problem here: which one is best for you all? The Limited Edition guide or the Art of Survival? I don't know which one to purchase :o[/QUOTE]

*hair flip*

Anyway, I got the Limited Edition guide simply because you already get a segment of the Art book with the survival edition and I felt like I was spending too much money on TR already, so I went with the thing that would probably be more beneficial and smart.

MyRaider4Life 11-02-13 13:46

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6645625]Is that a new concept art!? [url]http://uman.eu.square-enix.com/tracker.php?doc=TRFIX17&code=2212745&lang=en&page=email&id=VIDEO[/url] (On the top of the page)[/QUOTE]

Good lord that is gorgeous. @_@

SpyrosMonster 11-02-13 13:57

[QUOTE=MyRaider4Life;6645686]Good lord that is gorgeous. @_@[/QUOTE]

Exactly... It's amazing!

megabug7 11-02-13 15:15

[B][*******spoilers*******][/B]

Tomb Raider - Monastery to Medical Helicopter Walkthrough

[youtube]xtcmEW4Gg1s[/youtube]

Some new footage

LNSNHGTDS 11-02-13 15:21

[QUOTE=megabug7;6645748][B][*******spoilers*******][/B]

Tomb Raider - Monastery to Medical Helicopter Walkthrough

[youtube]xtcmEW4Gg1s[/youtube]

Some new footage[/QUOTE]

OMG, I went to heaven and back!!!

This is so awesome :jmp: :cln: :'D !!!

Thanks a million times for sharing :hug: !

FearEffect 11-02-13 18:07

[URL="http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/042/3/8/tomb_raider___official_cgi_renders_du_visage_lara_by_tombraider_survivor-d5ulhun.png"][IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/042/8/c/tomb_raider___official_cgi_renders_du_visage_lara_by_tombraider_survivor-d5ulhun.png[/IMG][/URL]

Imagine , TR2 with this face

tomblover 11-02-13 18:11

[URL="http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/857716_10151318555506158_401400028_o.jpg"]'Parachute Descent' concept artwork
[/URL]

Phlip 11-02-13 18:17

[QUOTE=FearEffect;6645962][URL="http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/042/3/8/tomb_raider___official_cgi_renders_du_visage_lara_by_tombraider_survivor-d5ulhun.png"][IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/042/8/c/tomb_raider___official_cgi_renders_du_visage_lara_by_tombraider_survivor-d5ulhun.png[IMG][/URL]

Imagine , TR2 with this face[/QUOTE]

No thanks, the series should have some consistency with how she looks. I don't want her looking almost like a completely different person with every new game (even though I bet money it'll happen).

motoleo 11-02-13 18:23

[QUOTE=Phlip;6645977]No thanks, the series should have some consistency with how she looks. I don't want her looking almost like a completely different person with every new game (even though I bet money it'll happen).[/QUOTE]

Isn't that how it's always been?

BigR4444 11-02-13 18:24

[QUOTE=Phlip;6645977]No thanks, the series should have some consistency with how she looks. I don't want her looking almost like a completely different person with every new game (even though I bet money it'll happen).[/QUOTE]

Well thats probably inevitable considering the next game will be next-gen....

I actually LOVE that render.... Is that from the cgi trailer?

Evan C. 11-02-13 18:46

Did anyone noticed Lara has a hand grenade hanging on her pants? That's what I call fierce :D

BinRaider 11-02-13 18:54

[QUOTE=Evan C.;6646001]Did anyone noticed Lara has a hand grenade hanging on her pants? That's what I call fierce :D[/QUOTE]

And the rope and another pouch!

I love it that she's kitted out now.

Phlip 11-02-13 19:01

[QUOTE=motoleo;6645981]Isn't that how it's always been?[/QUOTE]
What has?
[QUOTE=BigR4444;6645983]Well thats probably inevitable considering the next game will be next-gen.... [/QUOTE]

No, it's not. She can look graphically so much better but still consistent.

**LARA LOVER** 11-02-13 19:11

So I went to three different gamestops trying to hunt this down!

[IMG]http://i50.************/2vjuc1h.jpg[/IMG]

The one guy told me that they can give posters away anymore because it causes fights! :vlol:

But a guy at another store took my name and number down so hopefully it will be mine! :D

Call me crazy, I don't care! :p

Mikky 11-02-13 19:31

[QUOTE=KasumiBlosssom;6645183]

Anyways, I'm sure this may have been asked before but do you guys plan on searching for as many of the collectibles as you can on your first run through or will you save the searching for afterwards? :o[/QUOTE]

I think about stuff like this all the time. xD I think i'll just collect things if I happen to run across them, but collect everything else after I've finished the story. :p

[QUOTE=Weemanply109;6645675]Will they overload with praise or hype? The ultimate question, tbh.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully with praise, but I imagine a heavy mix of both. :p

[QUOTE=tomblover;6645969][URL="http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/857716_10151318555506158_401400028_o.jpg"]'Parachute Descent' concept artwork
[/URL][/QUOTE]

OMG, I love you! Thanx! :D

CD's concept art are amazing. I wish they would release more of it.

Yeah, I completely agree with you, but as someone has already said, the next game will be next-gen, so it doesn't seem likely that Lara will look the same. :/

HAHA LOOOL XD 11-02-13 19:36

[QUOTE=Mikky;6646077]I think about stuff like this all the time. xD I think i'll just collect things if I happen to run across them, but collect everything else after I've finished the story. :p

Hopefully with praise, but I imagine a heavy mix of both. :p

OMG, I love you! Thanx! :D

CD's concept art are amazing. I wish they would release more of it.

Yeah, I completely agree with you, [B]but as someone has already said, the next game will be next-gen[/B], so it doesn't seem likely that Lara will look the same. [/QUOTE]

I hope it is ported to current gen, I'm not buying a console till the price drops

trfanX34 11-02-13 19:37

[QUOTE=**LARA LOVER**;6646042]So I went to three different gamestops trying to hunt this down!

[IMG]http://i50.************/2vjuc1h.jpg[IMG]

The one guy told me that they can give posters away anymore because it causes fights! :vlol:

But a guy at another store took my name and number down so hopefully it will be mine! :D

Call me crazy, I don't care! :p[/QUOTE]

I want that! They probably won't have it in any store here though ;__;

Phlip 11-02-13 19:58

[QUOTE=HAHA LOOOL XD;6646084]I hope it is ported to current gen, I'm not buying a console till the price drops[/QUOTE]

It'll be PS2 TRU all over again. :p

HAHA LOOOL XD 11-02-13 20:01

[QUOTE=Phlip;6646124]It'll be PS2 TRU all over again. :p[/QUOTE]

Something is better than nothing :p

SpyrosMonster 11-02-13 20:07

[IMG]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2364/72384760.png[/IMG]
I love that Tomb Raider is being promoted in Greece too!
I just pre-ordered the Survival Edition! :jmp:

Denis 11-02-13 20:20

[QUOTE=SpyrosMonster;6646148][IMG]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2364/72384760.png[/IMG]
I love that Tomb Raider is being promoted in Greece too!
I just pre-ordered the Survival Edition! :jmp:[/QUOTE]

ela re? keros itan :P