Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

LNSNHGTDS 11-09-20 16:36

[QUOTE=pdr60;8238346]Finished it yesterday and it was allot of fun. Really enjoyed it. This is much better entertainment than any tv show. I haven't watched TV in months. I've just downloaded the third one, Shadow, and it looks amazing in all the media videos I've seen. Looks like I'll be busy for a while.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Always nice to see fresh blood loving the series bit by bit :D

[QUOTE=SnatchingEdges;8238362]I think TR2013 is the most solid in the trilogy in comparison, even if the tombs are really lacking. But yesterday I played up to the wolf battles and damn, I didn't remember it so intense. The whole introduction is definetely the best in the saga.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I think I never ever really get tired of the first hours of the game. I want to die until I get out of Helgen in Skyrim for example but I really enjoy the intro to Tomb Raider.

pdr60 25-09-20 18:20

[QUOTE=LNSNHGTDS;8238379]Good to know! Always nice to see fresh blood loving the series bit by bit :D

Agreed! I think I never ever really get tired of the first hours of the game. I want to die until I get out of Helgen in Skyrim for example but I really enjoy the intro to Tomb Raider.[/QUOTE]

Finished Shadow last night. What a ride. Great fun and looking forward to a replay. Loved the stealth play and the repelling. Lots of fun. Now we have to wait for the next adventure while replaying these three. The best part was there wasn't a single glitch in the any of the games. They played through without a single crash or blip of any kind. I'm on kind of a dated system too being a AMD FX4350 and a Nvidia 1060 with only 3G of video ram. Looks like it might be time to build a new system. I like those Ryzen and the new 3000 series nvidia cards.

As a side note, I'm going to try to replay the first two in Kubuntu 18.04 and see how they perform.

Grizzly Bear 31-10-20 19:17

Is it just me or TR13 feels already so nostalgic?
The shipwreck, "the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are", Lara getting impaled, the crazy Solarii brotherood, "SAAAM", the parachute scene, shanty town, the japanese palace burning down, the Oni, Himiko and the trasferring of the soul ritual, "I'm not going home"...

Man, it's already almost 8 years ago...

Athukraz 31-10-20 21:00

Yup tr2013 was forever ago

LNSNHGTDS 01-11-20 08:12

It's been more than half a decade since it's release and we've had two mainline and two sidegames since then so yeah it definitely feels like a while back!

OrangeJuice 03-11-20 23:51

[QUOTE=Grizzly Bear;8248412]Is it just me or TR13 feels already so nostalgic?
The shipwreck, "the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are", Lara getting impaled, the crazy Solarii brotherood, "SAAAM", the parachute scene, shanty town, the japanese palace burning down, the Oni, Himiko and the trasferring of the soul ritual, "I'm not going home"...

Man, it's already almost 8 years ago...[/QUOTE]
yup it's very nostalgic and also kind of iconic. they weren't able to replicate its magic with neither rise nor shadow.

we should kinda revive this game's multiplayer tbh

killchan 19-11-20 10:40

Yeah , nostalgic is the right word.

Every now and then I look back at my playthroughs and think "Man, I want to play it again!"... but then I boot it up and the nostalgia googles fall off.
All the slow-downs, the scripting , the linearity, the silly combat and the non-challenge pop back up and that's where I say to myself [I]"Nah I'd rather speedrun Rise for the billionth time"[/I]. And I don't even love Rise. Playing it again now would just remind me of the many things I wanted to be improved and never did.

it's a good blind-run game that I don't think will stand the test of time.

Valentino 19-11-20 20:59

Omg that's me all over. I download the game and when I'm past up the burning village section,the acting and Lara drives me away, so I delete the application. The acting just doesn't pull you in. The story set up is actually good..... but a lot of the stand out lines sound whack. I'll hold it up as having it's moment in the franchise history though. As much as I can slag it off, I do think it has become slightly iconic :o

TRExpertgamer 20-11-20 01:52

Crystal Dynamics have went through lots of tough work with creating this game.

Shirley_Manson 22-11-20 01:47

TR2013 may not have been the game all of us wanted, but it had so many memorable moments and setpieces. And I do appreciate the spooky atmosphere Crystal somewhat created.
My absolute favourite moment is when Lara is in the forest at night and she hears that melancholy old japanese song coming from the depths of a mysterious bunker. I actually had high hopes at that moment, and thought the game was going to keep me in suspense more often.
Another great moment is climbing the radio tower, not because of the gameplay but because of how triumphant it feels geting to the top.

TRhalloween 07-12-20 15:40

^ Adding to the creepiness, the oni were so creepy.

I get nostalgic for the reboot as well. 2013 as a year was so... specific.

Rai 09-02-21 19:34

An interesting take from a survival expert. I was just biting my tongue every time she said Laura, but there's a little bit at the end where she gets it right, finally :p

[youtube]/zXUzDTNF3zY[/youtube]

HeroBrineR 14-02-21 14:49

Not really sure if I can start a new topic for this, so I'm simply posting it here.

I don't know if anyone found this out before, but if you use a trainer to jump through the roof into the area with all the Oni and the Stormguard Leader, you can do anything freely without facing instant death.

[youtube]/_O7uW9CcbnQ[/youtube]

You can also kill the Stormguard Leader instantly with a stealth kill, however the popup doesn't appear ingame. I will upload a video of this later today.

LARA_geek 02-03-21 14:27

Does anyone still have the yamatai patch because the camera bob makes my head spin. Or is there another way to get rid of it?

killchan 02-03-21 19:28

[QUOTE=LARA_geek;8282890]Does anyone still have the yamatai patch because the camera bob makes my head spin.[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/thlfsgt5af8q2a5/TR2013_cam_sicklebrick.com_yamatai_patch_release_4.rar/file[/url]

Password: DamnUCamera

jajay119 03-03-21 17:48

I replayed the reboot last week and I largely enjoyed it. I think for what it tries to do it succeeds.

My game crashed and corrupted on the beach again but thankfully this time I was prepared for it and had uploaded a save to PSN. I still cannot believe it's an issue CD are apparently aware of though and haven't fixed.

killchan 04-03-21 08:08

[QUOTE=jajay119;8283145]I replayed the reboot last week and I largely enjoyed it. I think for what it tries to do it succeeds. [/QUOTE]

Me too and I have to agree, the game gets many things right as an action game. Many years and runs later, you still feel feel like you're not missing out on the optional content if you only play the story, many levels have an old school TPS feel to them and even the occasional slow walking feels justified, which is crazy.

Cons, the rifle still sounds just as bad as I remembered and the progression system is still doo doo, not being able to save skill points for the really interesting skills is quite frustrating.

LARA_geek 04-03-21 10:05

[QUOTE=killchan;8282942][url]https://www.mediafire.com/file/thlfsgt5af8q2a5/TR2013_cam_sicklebrick.com_yamatai_patch_release_4.rar/file[/url]

Password: DamnUCamera[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much :)

Valentino 05-03-21 19:23

Wasn’t it 8 years ago yesterday this game got released?

Rai 05-03-21 20:24

8 years ago today, 5th March.

Happy 8th Anniversary TR2013 :D

Heartache 08-03-21 10:02

played it for a bit on the 5th just because i also got my new pc on friday. cant believe it has been so long. i remember how long it felt, until the game finally released and i remebered how my pc then was not really capable to play the game and now i have 200 fps :vlol:

Lara_Fan1 09-03-21 00:02

[QUOTE=Rai;8283633]8 years ago today, 5th March.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, I feel old. I remember the day it came out as if it was yesterday. I was in college in the morning and got a text off my Father saying a package had arrived for me from Amazon.

Valentino 11-03-21 18:06

The fact it got revealed in 2010...... :cry:
it's 2021 for cryin out loud. I'm sorry but how did that happen. And it was early 2010 it was revealed! The lead up to the trailer was an EVENT (E3 event I know. But the trailer itself) and the delay....oh god the delay. Was a strange experience the way it played coming off of Underworld. But the entire announcement up to it's release was an memorable era. Even if I've not warmed to some of the choices in the games after, mainly Lara.

OrangeJuice 26-03-21 01:21

the way this is still the best game in the trilogy

Tesla 29-03-21 16:08

I've been interested in replaying the game lately, but the story is just so bad. lol The gameplay is still good, even if it's a bit lacking in overall content, so I know I'd enjoy [I]playing[/I] it again. Just not [I]experiencing[/I] it.

I kind of wanna wait until I can run Rise and Shadow though so I can go through all 3 at once.

Wooxman 29-03-21 18:01

[QUOTE=Tesla;8289414]I've been interested in replaying the game lately, but the story is just so bad. lol The gameplay is still good, even if it's a bit lacking in overall content, so I know I'd enjoy [I]playing[/I] it again. Just not [I]experiencing[/I] it.[/QUOTE]
I replayed it a few weeks ago, then replayed Rise last week and I'm now playing Shadow and I really appreciate how TR2013 is "lacking in content" in comparison to the other two games. Rise has far too many documents (sometimes there's a new document every 2 metres) and the need of gathering different crafting materials can be pretty annoying as it means travelling back and forth between hubs to make animals respawn. The only improvements that I want in TR2013 are the ability to sprint (in multiplayer you can sprint, but not in the campaign!?) and better enemy AI so that once an enemy spots you, he doesn't alert any idly enemy in the area.

Chamayoo 05-03-23 07:40

Well, an entire decade since the release of the game ! :cln:

malferink 29-10-23 12:08

Can’t believe it’s been more than 10 years since this game released.
Anyone else think the original model is much better than the definitive edition version? Especially during cutscenes the new model looks really off

JoelCaesar 01-11-23 12:14

[QUOTE=malferink;8419938]Can’t believe it’s been more than 10 years since this game released.
Anyone else think the original model is much better than the definitive edition version? Especially during cutscenes the new model looks really off[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree! I always thought the original model looked more like an actual person if that makes sense?

malferink 01-11-23 16:23

Yeah! The definitive edition looks a bit like a doll or something, most facial animations seem to be lost in the new model

Spuneman 14-11-23 12:45

Trying to boost tomb raider 2013 online trophies

Dunno if anyone is interested but I’d like to platinum this game and from what I’ve read online I can’t get into a private lobby unless I invite a friend. I haven’t done anything yet, so still gotta grind to lvl 60. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated. I’ll try to return the favor if you already have certain trophies. Username spuneman. This is the ps3 game

Ring_of_Fire 27-11-23 12:54

I enjoyed playing the game at a solid fps of 45.

60/71/80/91/106.67 fps make Lara's motion feel a bit rugged. Shanty Town, and the ship coastline level leading to the last mission was fun to explore.

Lukass 06-12-23 08:32

[QUOTE=Ms.LaraCroft;8161542]Just finished the game for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. RIP Roth and Alex though :([/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Legends;8162448][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]And RIP Lara. She wasn't even in the game. :([/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

RAID 22-12-23 18:11

[QUOTE=Legends;8162448][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]And RIP Lara. She wasn't even in the game. :([/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Hilarious :vlol: though not untrue.

I can forgive her personality is this game since she was young and inexperienced. It's the sequels that feel dragged and pointless (albeit being great games).

On a different topic. I'm replaying the game and it's still as gorgeous as I remember it. It aged very well graphically.