www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Mickybyrne20 19-05-18 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7884758)
A less whiney, more confident Lara Croft - She's like this in Rise, and people reported she's even more in Shadow
More Tombs and puzzles (across the board. I've NEVER seen an objection to this) - Confirmed to be in Shadow
Dual pistols to return - Won't be back for now
Croft Manor to play a bigger component - Blood Ties
Better story, and characters. - Matter of personal perspective

Yeah, of course there's a variety of requests. My list is what I see most commented.

Shadow is anticipated to be the best in the reboot* franchise because it's listened to what the fans requested. My prediction is the best in the trilogy.

2001LC20 19-05-18 20:19

I mostly see complaints for TR2013 and a lot less for Rise

They were just
Hope for a better story and characters
Expanding the exploration more

Those are the widespread ones and they are probably fixed in Shadow ALSO i have seen a lot of people saying they improved the game a lot with Rise and they are pretty confident about Shadow

And those two issues are things that we share with them

(duals are a different case imo)

Vaskito 19-05-18 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7884762)
Yeah, of course there's a variety of requests. My list is what I see most commented.

Shadow is anticipated to be the best in the reboot* franchise because it's listened to what the fans requested. My prediction is the best in the trilogy.

Praying you are right

Patrick star 19-05-18 20:23

Guys please , if British people think there's a problem with Camilla's accent , then there IS a problem , what I have a problem with is that there isn't a general consensus about what the problem specifically is . On this forum , I've seen 3 types of British people :

1- People who said that Camilla sounds mostly fine , safe for some individualistic "slips" here and there .

2- Those who said that she sounds exactly like an American "trying" to imitate a British accent .

3- And a small minority who said that she speaks like a full-blown American .

Now me , as a non-Brit , what group am I supposed to believe ? I'm totally lost .

Kurtis666 19-05-18 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 7884760)
No, someone just expressed an opinion. Nobody said the truth.

I didn't know having a proper British accent is an opinion :ponder:

Sorry but it isn't a matter of opinion, Camilla's accent just isn't British.

Vaskito 19-05-18 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7884766)
Guys please , if British people think there's a problem with Camilla's accent , then there IS a problem , what I have a problem with is that there isn't a general consensus about what the problem specifically is . On this forum , I've seen 3 types of British people :

1- People who said that Camilla sounds mostly fine , safe for some individualistic "slips" here and there .

2- Those who said that she sounds exactly like an American "trying" to imitate a British accent .

3- And a small minority who said that she speaks like a full-blown American .

Now me , as a non-Brit , what group am I supposed to believe ? I'm totally lost .

You should not base on other people's opinions to make up your own. Meaning, to you, does it bother her accent? Do you find it disconcerning? If yes, does she sound too american to you? Does she sound she only slips here and there? Does she sound as an american faking british?
On my personal opinion, I don't hear any americanisms because I am not British. She sounds 100% British to me, thankfully with an accent which isn't too thick making it easily understandable, and not forced like Angelina did (and that one I think it was pretty cringey)

2001LC20 19-05-18 20:38

I am in the "who gives a ****! I love her voice" group

Kurtis666 19-05-18 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7884776)
You should not base on other people's opinions to make up your own. Meaning, to you, does it bother her accent? Do you find it disconcerning? If yes, does she sound too american to you? Does she sound she only slips here and there? Does she sound as an american faking british?
On my personal opinion, I don't hear any americanisms because I am not British. She sounds 100% British to me, thankfully with an accent which isn't too thick making it easily understandable, and not forced like Angelina did (and that one I think it was pretty cringey)

Accent is not a matter of opinion lol it's either British or not.

Vaskito 19-05-18 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtis666 (Post 7884782)
Accent is not a matter of opinion lol it's either British or not.

Being bothered by it it's a matter of opinion, and again I'll say it directly to you. You are being overdramatic about it, in my opinion, for the reasons already explained on multiple posts and the thread where we should actually be talking about it. And again, as a non-british person, I don't hear americanisms. I also assume this is what happens in the general way. People aren't bothered by it, and personally I've only read complaints about it in TRF and very rarely outsider of here

Costel 19-05-18 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurtis666 (Post 7884772)
I didn't know having a proper British accent is an opinion :ponder:

Sorry but it isn't a matter of opinion, Camilla's accent just isn't British.

Funny cause some british people have no problem with her accent.