www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

biscuits 27-05-18 12:18

I don't see them killing Lara off tbh. We all know that's not happening.

I'm expecting her to do something really dark and messed up. Maybe she'll have a moment similar to Berserk where she accidentally kills a child (those who watched the anime/read the manga know what I'm talking about) or even condones the sacrifice of one.

2001LC20 27-05-18 12:22

I think it must be something special and even if Jonah dies in the end that won't mean it is the MAIN purpose of the ending! It might be a huge combination of EVERYTHING things will happen to everyone imo she also went through hell!

FanosCroft 27-05-18 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7888830)
I don't see them killing Lara off tbh. We all know that's not happening.

I'm expecting her to do something really dark and messed up. Maybe she'll have a moment similar to Berserk where she accidentally kills a child (those who watched the anime/read the manga know what I'm talking about) or even condones the sacrifice of one.

Uhh that would be interesting

LuckyEdge10 27-05-18 12:32

Or maybe Lara's father is alive and Lara will have to kill him because he's Trinity's head, and to destroy Trinity Lara has to kill her father and also to stop the apocalypse. INCEPTION :vlol:

James_Rutland 27-05-18 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7888830)
I don't see them killing Lara off tbh. We all know that's not happening.

I'm expecting her to do something really dark and messed up. Maybe she'll have a moment similar to Berserk where she accidentally kills a child (those who watched the anime/read the manga know what I'm talking about) or even condones the sacrifice of one.

Well they wouldn't, just make the audience think she died for a moment until we see her alive a few moments later. I think that makes a whole lot more sense, the fact that she'd willingly give up her life to fix the mess she's made says "Defining Moment" to me. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 (Post 7888836)
Or maybe Lara's father is alive and Lara will have to kill him because he's Trinity's head, and to destroy Trinity Lara has to kill her father and also to stop the apocalypse. INCEPTION :vlol:

I know you're joking :p but that's honestly horrendous. I really, really hope they don't include an evil Richard in this game. It would honestly sadden me so much, I'd be so incredibly disappointed that they'd be SUCH LAZY AND CLICHE WRITERS to do so. I mean, the father plot was what prevented Tomb Raider from being the first excellent movie adaption of a game IMO and according to a lot of critics (not just us fans) so for them to copy a plot point like that would be such a let down.

FanosCroft 27-05-18 12:47

****************/bzB6D8 looks like the spear from the leaked concept art won't make it into the game like the machete

biscuits 27-05-18 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7888838)
Well they wouldn't, just make the audience think she died for a moment until we see her alive a few moments later. I think that makes a whole lot more sense, the fact that she'd willingly give up her life to fix the mess she's made says "Defining Moment" to me. :o

That would be a nice heroic moment for her. It could also be her way of redeeming herself.

Quote:

I know you're joking :p but that's honestly horrendous. I really, really hope they don't include an evil Richard in this game. It would honestly sadden me so much, I'd be so incredibly disappointed that they'd be SUCH LAZY AND CLICHE WRITERS to do so. I mean, the father plot was what prevented Tomb Raider from being the first excellent movie adaption of a game IMO and according to a lot of critics (not just us fans) so for them to copy a plot point like that would be such a let down.
I agree with this. That movie's plot is the last thing the games should even take inspiration from. I expected the movie to improve on the game's plot, but all it did was butcher it and water it down with a plot that undermined all the movie's good aspects, Alicia's excellent performance being the biggest victim.

Chamayoo 27-05-18 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7888842)
****************/bzB6D8 looks like the spear from the leaked concept art won't make it into the game like the machete

What did you say that ? :(

Grimaldi 27-05-18 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7888843)
That would be a nice heroic moment for her. It could also be her way of redeeming herself.

This is the thing, I don’t think the moment will be traditionally heroic. We’ve been told to expect a Lara who borders on being the villain, that the ending was really hard for Camilla to perform. Whatever happens, I don’t think anyone will walk away from it smelling of roses.

James_Rutland 27-05-18 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7888843)
That would be a nice heroic moment for her. It could also be her way of redeeming herself.



I agree with this. That movie's plot is the last thing the games should even take inspiration from. I expected the movie to improve on the game's plot, but all it did was butcher it and water it down with a plot that undermined all the movie's good aspects, Alicia's excellent performance being the biggest victim.

Honestly, it was such a shame because it had SO much going for it, It's always the script that lets a movie with insane potential down. Everything boils down to the story. I felt like they took what was good about TR2013 and watered it down an insane amount. No Richard, more Japanese history and more violent scenes and it would have been brilliant. :(


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.