www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I need help getting past the Heavenly Sword Heaven & Hell Level! (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=224414)

fortezza 30-04-20 01:43

I need help getting past the Heavenly Sword Heaven & Hell Level!

I have Heavenly Sword for the PS3, and I'm on the "Heaven And Hell" stage. I can get Bohan 50% before I die. So far, that's the best I have been able to do.

I can't figure out the best strategy to beat Bohan. Some of the problems that I'm having are that
* I can't block the electric ( blue ) that he throws at me.
* when I try to fight him up close, most of my attacks ( I tried Range, Speed, and Power ) don't hit him.
* He switches between attack modes too quickly for me to block him. He'll do orange and red so fast that orange is still on the screen and I don't see the red on the screen until after the red attack has already hit me.

I've seen some people say that for close range attacks , I just roll around and mash triangle and square buttons. Is that the best strategy?

For long distance, I've read that I use the triangle key right before the blue attack hits me, and the R1 + triangle right before an orange attack hits me.

Does that sound right?

Is there anything else I should be doing to defeat him?

Nigel Cassidy 30-04-20 16:37

Gosh it's been ages since I played that. (maybe I should revisit it though) It's been too long for me to be able to say what to do based on your description. I'd say watch a Youtube video of someone doing it and then keep trying.

fortezza 01-05-20 04:04

Heís tough. Iíve tried to kill him about 14 times. Initially I tried close combat plus deflecting his energy attacks back at him, but I still canít get his health down more than 50%.

Iíll keep practicing until I can block all of his shots. I figure if I can avoid close range fighting and hurt him with deflected shots, that Iíll eventually win.

fortezza 01-05-20 16:19

Figured it out

I figured out how to deflect shots.

I had to let the shot hit me, and then press the triangle key.

For blue shots, I let the shot hit me. My character gets very bright a moment after impact. Whenever my character turned bright, I pressed the triangle key and that defected the shot. After I while( many , many deaths ) I got the timing down and developed a rhythm to pressing key after he fires each shot.

For orange shots, same, but I hold the R1 button down and then press triangle after my character gets really bright after impact.

Additionally, I stayed far away from Bohan. So far that when he is stunned, which happens when you block all of his energy bolts, I couldn't reach him to strike him before he recovered. So I gave up trying to get some extra hits in.

When he closes in, I rolled away from him. He does get a few hits in even while I'm rolling, but eventually he flies up into the air and fires energy bolts.

For the next and final fight, pretty much the same thing with L1 + Square move added to kills the ravens he shoots at you. I found the the final battle much easier than the Heaven & Hell battle.