www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

larafan1996 26-04-18 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 7861974)
Lara isn't really fit for gunfights though. Having the bow allows for more stealth.

I dunno about that, taking in account her brutal killing sprees straight out of gears of war combined with her wolverine regeneration of health and the unbreakable bones (no matter how many times she gets stabbed or falls on her neck) I'd say reboot lara is designed specifically for gun fights. A bow is not the only stealthy weapon, a silencer will do the same thing as would many others just like rope arrows aren't needed in a world where a grapple exists.

Stevo505 26-04-18 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan1996 (Post 7861979)
I dunno about that, taking in account her brutal killing sprees straight out of gears of war combined with her wolverine regeneration of health and the unbreakable bones (no matter how many times she gets stabbed or falls on her neck) I'd say reboot lara is designed specifically for gun fights. A bow is not the only stealthy weapon, a silencer will do the same thing as would many others just like rope arrows aren't needed in a world where a grapple exists.

Contrary to their name, silencers do not actually “silence” a weapon, and they don’t come nearly as close to the quietness that a bow and arrow provides. And while a bow arrow might not be a good choice against an enemy with a gun, it offers the player the choice to play through scenarios with stealth, such as picking off enemies furthest away first. This is ideal for a character like Lara who might not be interested in jumping into a gunfight, but can compete with her own arsenal of guns should the need arise. As I stated, dual pistols would not be ideal, as she would lose control and precision vs. if she had one pistol that she could use both hands for better control.

CrowdedToaster 26-04-18 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7861985)
Contrary to their name, silencers do not actually “silence” a weapon, and they don’t come nearly as close to the quietness that a bow and arrow provides. And while a bow arrow might not be a good choice against an enemy with a gun, it offers the player the choice to play through scenarios with stealth, such as picking off enemies furthest away first. This is ideal for a character like Lara who might not be interested in jumping into a gunfight, but can compete with her own arsenal of guns should the need arise. As I stated, dual pistols would not be ideal, as she would lose control and precision vs. if she had one pistol that she could use both hands for better control.

Yes this is so true! Silencers still make a sound when a gun is shot. Just that they "muffle" the gunshot.

Also, that's why I've always been okay with Lara not having dual pistols. Ergonomically, it is unwise and would be a disadvantage in combat tbh. This is especially true with guns that have a larger caliber or recoil.

larafan1996 26-04-18 04:38

Quote:

Contrary to their name, silencers do not actually “silence” a weapon, and they don’t come nearly as close to the quietness that a bow and arrow provides. And while a bow arrow might not be a good choice against an enemy with a gun, it offers the player the choice to play through scenarios with stealth, such as picking off enemies furthest away first. This is ideal for a character like Lara who might not be interested in jumping into a gunfight, but can compete with her own arsenal of guns should the need arise.

Silencers are just one method that a modern woman in 2018 could use to be desecrate, better than relying on picking twigs off the ground like an ape. Also for this survivor stealth what does she do when in an urban environment, just start a camp fire in the middle of London to craft something perhaps? Carry her huge bow on her back discreetly through Rome into enemy territory?

Quote:

As I stated, dual pistols would not be ideal, as she would lose control and precision vs. if she had one pistol that she could use both hands for better control.

Well I mean you are trying to invalidate the precision/control of aiming at two targets with duals like its not ideal when reboot Lara already has an ability to aim/shoot perfectly at 3 different targets at the very same time using a bow... just how much more accurate does she have to be to aim at one less target instead?

Yeauxleaux 26-04-18 05:57

Duals are just cooler than a single pistol, aesthetically.

This isn't some educational documentary about what the most practical thing to have in a gun fight is, we're not training to go into the police force, we're playing a video game. Video games are about what's fun. Ergo it's okay for characters to do cool things and have situations that are unlikely purely for the sake of it being cool.

I like the bow and I have no problem with it staying, especially for the more remote settings and for the puzzles. Please for the love of god though, as an iconic character motif and for something that looks and feels satisfying in combat, give us back the duals. It's not going to hurt.

Dustie 26-04-18 08:58

For those interested, I had some learning time with time zones and figured out the puzzle of when it's happening and where :p

The full reveal of tombraider.com is in 1 day and 4 hours from now, which means it's at 3PM in Warsaw (GMT+1, CEST):

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...2&p6=141&p7=26

1PM GMT
2PM in London (BST) and Lisbon (WEST)
3PM in Warsaw and Madrid (CEST)
4PM in Athens (EEST)

SoraSakai 26-04-18 09:12

I really am so excited for this game. Tomb Raider is partially the thing that taught me English. I can't wait to learn a whole lot more from this new game.

Also... Switch port? Why is that not a thing. Come on Square! >.<

CraigL 26-04-18 09:13

What if SotTR does an AOD on us and makes Jonah a playable character?? ;)

SoraSakai 26-04-18 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigL (Post 7862099)

Oooooooooh.

Please no.

Although I'm open to a new playable character.

Tomb Raider doesn't necessarily HAVE to be Lara Croft. They could make a character that Lara passes the torch to ^.^ that would be exciting. Kinda like how there's more than one Spider-Man and more than one Batman.

Lukass 26-04-18 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigL (Post 7862099)

No.