www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Yuna´s Wish 06-06-19 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8096696)
They've been working for a long time trying to remove the restriction which is funny because their version of the game has never had the outfit restriction in place

Do we know if that version is perfectly playable from beginning to end? Maybe it's glitchy as hell and it was only used for brief trailer purposes :/

Vaskito 06-06-19 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8096696)
They've been working for a long time trying to remove the restriction which is funny because their version of the game has never had the outfit restriction in place

Removing the restriction, isn't a simple as switching a button, as I'm sure you're well aware, as there are in-game stuff built around the restriction, such as NPCs only speaking with Lara if she's wearing a certain one.

Lara not wearing a tribal one in the trailers, doesn't mean the restricion wasn't in place per se - they simply didn't need to access areas/NPcs that required the outfits

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8096697)
Do we know if that version is perfectly playable from beginning to end? Maybe it's glitchy as hell and it was only used for brief trailer purposes :/

That's highly likely the case

NoahCrofRaider 06-06-19 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8096697)
Do we know if that version is perfectly playable from beginning to end? Maybe it's glitchy as hell and it was only used for brief trailer purposes :/

That’s totally possible. The first video of Paititi, along with the other glimpses we’ve seen in other videos, could just be areas where it was going to glitch out a bunch.

Nicowtine 06-06-19 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 8096698)
Removing the restriction, isn't a simple as switching a button, as I'm sure you're well aware, as there are in-game stuff built around the restriction, such as NPCs only speaking with Lara if she's wearing a certain one.

Lara not wearing a tribal one in the trailers, doesn't mean the restricion wasn't in place per se - they simply didn't need to access areas/NPcs that required the outfits



That's highly likely the case

That's why they just have to make the game consider every outfits as "tribals", in that way they don't have to remove any part of the restriction. But i don't know why, they refuse to use that simple (really) solution :hea:

I say they but i don't know how many developpers are still working in shadow, maybe they are only one or two, and don't want to "break" the game while testing things. it's not an attack, just an interrogation.

Vaskito 06-06-19 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicowtine (Post 8096710)
That's why they just have to make the game consider every outfits as "tribals", in that way they don't have to remove any part of the restriction. But i don't know why, they refuse to use that simple (really) solution :hea:

I say they but i don't know how many developpers are still working in shadow, maybe they are only one or two, and don't want to "break" the game while testing things. it's not an attack, just an interrogation.

I am no game dev, but I don't think it's that simple as doing that.

Working on SOTTR is/was? a pretty small team, as most of EM is either supporting CD on the Avengers now, or working on some other Marvel project

Chamayoo 06-06-19 17:10

Eidos Montreal just announced that the Reboot trilogy will be available on Google Stadia
https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...950214658?s=20

Rai 06-06-19 17:21

I don't even know what that is :vlol:. *Googles Google Stadia*

Edit: I guess that's good, may reach new players.

xspacedude 06-06-19 19:53

The fact that every single DLC outfit brought some sort of glitch when released, made me realize how difficult it would be to remove the restriction. Starting with the obvious, NPCs won’t talk to Lara if she’s not wearing blue heron. This was later fixed and now NPC talks to her with whatever outfit she’s wearing. Now, imagine bringing more than 50 outfits to work with the NPCs and cutscenes?

Chamayoo 06-06-19 19:54

Just checking Steam Spy if Shadow finally surpassed 1M and not yet apparently. Somehow Legend and Underworld did, it wasn't the case last time I checked haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8096736)
I don't even know what that is :vlol:. *Googles Google Stadia*

Edit: I guess that's good, may reach new players.

I'm not sure I would explain well the concept by the way. :D

xspacedude 06-06-19 20:41

An interesting article by one of the people who worked on Shadow
https://80.lv/articles/001agt-004adk...-optimization/


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.