www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Resident Evil Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=189090)

Nenya awakens 22-02-12 00:57

Does anyone else get the feeling that Resi 3 was originally a lot longer but it was hacked at and cut short? I just see no reason for it being such a short game.

Zelda master 22-02-12 01:03

Seeing how many different games were in development and all were once part of the RE3 life, I wouldn't be suprised actually...

GenyaArikado 22-02-12 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 5991842)
Well, better pretty than slutty imo. :p

And I bet Jessica is going to continue wearing slutty outfits in the future, eventhough Chris is not paying her any attention.

The point was being slutty. She also seems to be that kind of spy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenya awakens (Post 5991849)
Does anyone else get the feeling that Resi 3 was originally a lot longer but it was hacked at and cut short? I just see no reason for it being such a short game.

CV was suposed to be RE3, thats why. RE3 is better gameplay wise though

jajay119 22-02-12 01:36

So, today I bought a 3DS and revelations. You know what? It's actually not as bad as Capcom Made it look. The gameplay is good, it's varied between more traditional RE sections with Jill and more combat orientated sections with other characters. Oh and big boobs stupid hair finally makes sense, well the hair bit anyway!

Camera Obscura 22-02-12 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenya awakens (Post 5991849)

RE0 N64 version cancelled
RE1 ports cancelled
RE2 Beta scrapped
RE Outbreak incomplete
RE4 Beta scrapped
RE5 Altered

It wouldn't surprise me.

And Jessica is suppose to be slutty, just like Ada is suppose to be classy, Chris the meat head, Jill the underdog, Claire the pacifist, and Leon the hair.
:tea:

matrix54 22-02-12 02:14

Jill's not the underdog, Jill's the "Daphinee" (Scooby Doo) of the Cast. Useful and practical, also fashionable, but prone to getting captured, or hurt pretty badly, regardless of being able to handle herself quite well.

Yuna´s Wish 22-02-12 02:25

What an analogy! :p Jill-Daphne?

You know, I feel like we should talk less about how Resident Evil is or was. Instead, we should have simultaneous playthroughs of them, in order, for a few weeks, and RELIVE the horror. I feel that many of us are talking out of what we remember...and those memories might be faulty by now (something like what I feel Final Fantasy VII is in the minds of people). Of course, it might just be the crappiest piece of thought ever :o

Camera Obscura 22-02-12 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix54 (Post 5992024)
Jill's not the underdog, Jill's the "Daphinee" (Scooby Doo) of the Cast. Useful and practical, also fashionable, but prone to getting captured, or hurt pretty badly, regardless of being able to handle herself quite well.

When was Jill captured? I wouldn't count RE1 because it only happens in Chris's story where the same would apply to Chris if you played Jill's story. Don't remember her getting captured in RE3. And she can't be captured in RE5 if she was working for Wesker (whether it was involuntary, she had plenty of freedom in moving around Kijuju and the old laboratories).

I consider her the underdog because she's been known to survive against the worst odds. She took on an infested Raccoon City in a miniskirt, tangoed with Nemesis, got infected with the T-Virus and lived, escaped Raccoon City's destruction, resisted Wesker's mind control, and even battled an army of Majini (despite being weakened) in order to save Chris and Sheva. I'm no Jill fan (Oh Claire ♥) but I got to admit, Jill can manage herself just fine.

Yuna´s Wish 22-02-12 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camera Obscura (Post 5992048)
When was Jill captured?

3 years under Wesker's control aren't enough for us to consider her captured? :p

matrix54 22-02-12 02:47

Yes, Jill can handle herself (like I said), but you HAVE to admit, she gets herself into some pretty sticky situations. Upon loading the game (remake), she's nearly mauled by dogs because she watched someone get eaten. Maybe the words I used weren't adequate, but she's still very much like Daphne - a damsel.

You can't tell me Jill isn't ALWAYS in the middle of crap. The sole purpose of Chris's scenario is finding out what happened to her. It's the same way around with Chris, but throughout the RE1 scenario, Jill CONSTANTLY needs saving. Chris only has this problem once, and it's mainly the players fault (getting poisoned).

Same with 3 (not as common, but there)

And 5 (the B story of the campaign)

Revelations is the exception.