www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Resident Evil Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=189090)

Nenya awakens 07-09-12 22:19

Yeah but.. It destroyed the characters for me more than 4 did.. I mean, even though most of 4 was set in an overly large castle I still had more fun than traipsing around an Oil refinery killing retarded enemies with guns and far too much ammo.

Carbonek_0051 07-09-12 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenya awakens (Post 6423060)
Yeah but.. It destroyed the characters for me more than 4 did.. I mean, even though most of 4 was set in an overly large castle I still had more fun than traipsing around an Oil refinery killing retarded enemies with guns and far too much ammo.

True. :vlol:

I guess RE5 was at least fun to me, and with RE4 it was just...not. Plus I hold a grudge against RE4 for beginning the Nu-RE gameplay. ;___;

jackali 07-09-12 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenya awakens (Post 6423060)

Two. Two overly large castles. On two different islands. Stupid story writing.

Nenya awakens 07-09-12 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 6423063)
True. :vlol:

I guess RE5 was at least fun to me, and with RE4 it was just...not. Plus I hold a grudge against RE4 for beginning the Nu-RE gameplay. ;___;

Well to be honest I love the camera angles and the gameplay, I just dislike the enemies. A return to traditional elements, enemies and puzzles with the new camera and combat system would be perfect for me. I'd hate to go back to tank controls and fixed camera angles that take a second to load.

ozzman 07-09-12 22:25

hmm re5 broke RE cliché by not having a creepy mansion, but it still had

the underground lab and RPG boss kill

Carbonek_0051 07-09-12 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 6423066)

:vlol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenya awakens (Post 6423068)
Well to be honest I love the camera angles and the gameplay, I just dislike the enemies. A return to traditional elements, enemies and puzzles with the new camera and combat system would be perfect for me. I'd hate to go back to tank controls and fixed camera angles that take a second to load.

It wasn't so much the camera angle that bothered me, it was just more action oriented and the formula seemed quite different.

Lost in Nightmares proved you could have the old RE formula mixed with the RE4/5 camera and controls.

Tiddlyfish13 07-09-12 22:35

For me, RE4 has a much higher replay value than RE5.

When I replayed RE5, I enjoyed it until about 3-1 (the swamp levels) it became a bit tedious, and even more so as the game progressed.

I bought it on Steam for the multiplayer, but no one was ever online to play with. Waste of my money tbh.

I don't have such high hopes for RE6, besides Leon's story.

I'll probably end up playing it in a few years.

jackali 07-09-12 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzman (Post 6423070)
hmm re5 broke RE cliché by not having a creepy mansion, but it still had

the underground lab and RPG boss kill

Lost in Nightmares was set in a creepy mansion. :p

ozzman 07-09-12 22:38

^ wasn't part of the base game though

Nenya awakens 07-09-12 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 6423066)

Indeed. It had the worst story and the most drawn out environments in the whole series, and to be honest that's quite an achievement. But it was still more fun re5, that game was as linear as FFXIII.