Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Chronicles (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Uninstall Peixoto patch? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223387)

Looka 03-09-19 14:44

Uninstall Peixoto patch?

Hello.

What do I have to do to completely get rid of this Peixoto patch? I've installed it thinking that it will somehow improve my TR5, but instead the game and the saves load a lot slower now.

I see an uninstaller for the patch wasn't included, and reinstalling the game didn't fix the issue. Can someone please tell me specifically which files / registry values I have to delete to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

GabrielCroft 03-09-19 16:32

Did you remove the remaining files inside TR5 directory installation *after* uninstalling it?

Looka 03-09-19 16:35

[QUOTE=GabrielCroft;8127839]Did you remove the remaining files inside TR5 directory installation *after* uninstalling it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I removed everything.

Peixoto 04-09-19 03:13

The is no uninstaller because none is needed.

Simply by starting the game directly clicking on PCTomb5.exe already renders the patch noneffective

At most, it might have changed the windows compatibility settings for PCTomb5.exe

Looka 04-09-19 13:03

[QUOTE=Peixoto;8128041]The is no uninstaller because none is needed.

Simply by starting the game directly clicking on PCTomb5.exe already renders the patch noneffective

At most, it might have changed the windows compatibility settings for PCTomb5.exe[/QUOTE]

I understand, but, as I said, not even reinstalling the game fixed the problem, so the patch probably altered some other files. The game was running fine literally 1 minute before trying the patch.

I did run the game from PCTomb5.exe and I did check the compatibility settings.

LuckyEdge10 07-09-19 01:24

[QUOTE=Looka;8128203]I understand, but, as I said, not even reinstalling the game fixed the problem, so the patch probably altered some other files. The game was running fine literally 1 minute before trying the patch.

I did run the game from PCTomb5.exe and I did check the compatibility settings.[/QUOTE]

Go to %AppData% and delete ALL the files about TR5. Maybe that'll fix the problem.

Looka 07-09-19 09:09

[QUOTE=LuckyEdge10;8129287]Go to %AppData% and delete ALL the files about TR5. Maybe that'll fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion, but there were no TR5 related files at that location.

Maverin 08-09-19 10:32

Hi Looka.

The peixoto patch isn't the problem here. It must be something else. The patch stops working completely as soon as you delete it. I don't use it for Chronicles myself, but loading times are a little slower than the other classics for me as well.

Side note: I recommend the Peixoto patch to everyone playing TRIII since it fixes that annoying vertical line on every loading screen and the main menu.

charmedangelin 09-09-19 04:20

Is this happening with TR specifically or is this also happening with other games?

Looka 09-09-19 09:04

[QUOTE=Maverin;8129629]
The peixoto patch isn't the problem here. It must be something else. The patch stops working completely as soon as you delete it. I don't use it for Chronicles myself, but loading times are a little slower than the other classics for me as well.[/QUOTE]

How can it not be the problem, when you also get slower loading times using it? Unless I misunderstood, there's clearly a connection. I know it [B]should[/B] stop working as soon as you delete it. As I mentioned before, everything was working fine literally one minute before trying the patch, it would be an amazing coincidence if it were something else, but I didn't make any other changes to my system anyway.

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8129965]Is this happening with TR specifically or is this also happening with other games?[/QUOTE]

It's happening with TR5, I haven't tried it with any other games (thank goodness).