Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

slavo120 05-03-12 22:00

[QUOTE=leglion;6018434]I doubt that. But marketing non-stop now until fall would be rather annoying. It would drive people from the game rather than attract them.[/QUOTE]
so far cry3, hitman absolution marketing is annoying ? We know too much or we see too much ? or marketing something spoil ?
Or very likely are every publisher crazy and they make big mistake when start marketing now and CD are enlightened with its silence ? I doubt about it

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:01

i think their (CD's) main mistake was showing us the info too early, had they shown it later on like GDC this month like AC III, show us the trailer and Fragmented info etc then show us game play during E3 2012, and finally have the game released this fall then we would have complained less because we would been fed what it would look like lots of info in a small amount of time and feel we waited 'less'. the point of showing it early as they did was lost because you have to keep feeding your fans with tiny info to keep them satisfied. if you don't have much to show then release info closer towards the release of the game were people feel they have to wait 'less'. its mind games really

I actually agree with leglion that its peoples emotions speakin tbh but for the right reasons as well.

Love2Raid 05-03-12 22:02

Didn't they say that they would be at all big events? Isn't this developer conference thing considered as a big event? Is there something in between of this and E3 (I have no clue)? Because they said that 2012 would be all about Tomb Raider, and if they wait till E3 then that's half the year gone already isn't it? :confused:

leglion 05-03-12 22:03

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018457]so far cry3, hitman absolution marketing is annoying ? We know too much or we see too much ? or marketing something spoil ?
Or very likely are every publisher crazy and they make big mistake when start marketing now and CD are enlightened with its silence ? I doubt about it[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing those games everywhere so I don't know what youre talking about. I think I've only seen an ad one time for far cry actually.

slavo120 05-03-12 22:04

[QUOTE=leglion;6018470]I'm not seeing those games everywhere so I don't know what youre talking about. I think I've only seen an ad one time for far cry actually.[/QUOTE]
Far Cry was on E3 last year with gameplay demo..and this year we have lot of info, CGI trailer,new gameplay,video preview, screens etc..

leglion 05-03-12 22:06

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018479]Far Cry was on E3 last year with gameplay demo..and this year we have lot of info, CGI trailer,new gameplay, screens etc..[/QUOTE]

We've also had the same for this game also sooooo...

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:09

i think the amount of info CD released last year is plausible but they released it too early, does anyone agree?

Edit:*checks for replies* I really am boring aint i? lol

slavo120 05-03-12 22:14

[QUOTE=leglion;6018483]We've also had the same for this game also sooooo...[/QUOTE]
we have game informer hub with screens and basically info, CGI and E3 demo...This year we have nothing...Far Cry 3 had quiet period after E3 but this year is back with gradual promotion...pieces of news ..it is more like 9 months nothing and works it fine

Rai 05-03-12 22:15

[QUOTE=leglion;6018434]I doubt that seeing that we're supposed to have a gameplay trailer in early 2012. But marketing non-stop now until fall would be rather annoying. It would drive people from the game rather than attract them.[/QUOTE]

You may be right and no doubt interest for the game will pick up again once marketing does restart. You could be right that emotions may be obscuring people's logic a little. In saying that, we've known about this game for...how long now a year, a year and a half. Maybe CD started too soon all in the name of letting the reboot 'sink in' (as jhs says). Agreed jhs ;)

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6018466]Didn't they say that they would be at all big events? Isn't this developer conference thing considered as a big event? Is there something in between of this and E3 (I have no clue)? Because they said that 2012 would be all about Tomb Raider, and if they wait till E3 then that's half the year gone already isn't it? :confused:[/QUOTE]

This is also true.

Didn't Karl or someone that combat was one of the [I]last[/I] gaming elements to be revealed (at E3). If so, where is the rest of it? I also think part of the reason why people are reacting the way they are is that CD are being so secretive. If they really are at this conference (and it seems at least Karl and Meagan are), why not just say if they're showing off TR there or not, that info alone won't spoil anything.

slavo120 05-03-12 22:18

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6018497]i think the amount of info CD released last year is plausible but they released it too early, does anyone agree?[/QUOTE]
I agree ...but then their big plan is not so good :D

Lukass 05-03-12 22:20

[b]@jhs270694[/b] I dare to disagree. It may look like they gave us a lot of info, but it ain't true in my eyes. I mean, what we've got? A few screenshots, CGI trailer and a few minutes of unfinished and edited gameplay. The info they gave us really is not info about the game. It's still the same over and over again. Yes, the island is huge, we know Lara is mortal now, we now that there won't be any Croft Manor...and blah blah blah....and that has been all our deal for 9 months.

leglion 05-03-12 22:22

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018517]we have game informer hub with screens and basically info, CGI and E3 demo...This year we have nothing...Far Cry 3 had quiet period after E3 but this year is back with gradual promotion...pieces of news ..it is more like 9 months nothing and works it fine[/QUOTE]

And tomb raider had a 'loud' period after E3 with lots of interviews and a plethora of media so the two campaigns aren't really comparable. You're saying that they haven't shown anything ALL YEAR. That complaint would be reasonable... But only if we werent in March the third month of the year.

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:22

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018523]I agree ...but then their big plan is not so good :D[/QUOTE]
Their own fault then Tbh, releasing some info and then disappearing for a 1 year isn't a good strategy imo :vlol:

slavo120 05-03-12 22:23

[QUOTE=Rai;6018520]Didn't Karl or someone that combat was one of the [I]last[/I] gaming elements to be revealed (at E3). If so, where is the rest of it? [/QUOTE]
yes, exactly what he said...so if combat is one of the last elements what they want revealed then maybe is still hope here with something new on GDC....
And GDC is biggest event before E3 and Karl say Tomb raider will be cover all the major events in 2012..

slavo120 05-03-12 22:24

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6018531]Their own fault then Tbh, releasing some info and then disappearing for a 1 year isn't a good strategy imo :vlol:[/QUOTE]
true :pi:

**** double post ...sorry :D

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:26

[QUOTE=Lukass;6018526][b]@jhs270694[/b] I dare to disagree. It may look like they gave us a lot of info, but it ain't true in my eyes. I mean, what we've got? A few screenshots, CGI trailer and a few minutes of unfinished and edited gameplay. The info they gave us really is not info about the game. It's still the same over and over again. Yes, the island is huge, we know Lara is mortal now, we now that there won't be any Croft Manor...and blah blah blah....and that has been all our deal for 9 months.[/QUOTE]
@lukass I see your disagreement on the 'not enough info' part, but are you saying it wouldn't have made a difference in peoples opinions if they released it later rather than sooner to make up for the lack of info? i think it would :)

@slavo120 haha np, mistakes happen

slavo120 05-03-12 22:29

[QUOTE=Rai;6018520]why not just say if they're showing off TR there or not, that info alone won't spoil anything.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="3"][B]this is most important question!!!!!!!!!!!!...why is it such a big deal for CD ?[/B][/SIZE]

..ignoring fans is not a right step...we have podcast but they say nothing what is important to us

[QUOTE=Lukass;6018550] If they released 3-4 screenshots every two three months, we wouldn't be THAT starving now if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]
true ...nothing wrong happened with that

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:31

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018546][SIZE="3"][B]this is most important question!!!!!!!!!!!!...why is it such a big deal for CD ?[/B][/SIZE]

..ignoring fans is not a right step[/QUOTE]
They're acting like insecure teenagers. ironic because im one myself :vlol:

Lukass 05-03-12 22:32

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6018540]@lukass I see your disagreement on the 'not enough info' part, but are you saying it wouldn't have made a difference if they released it later rather than sooner to make up for the lack of info? i think it would :)
[/QUOTE]

I don't know to be honest. I wouldn't say they announced it too early. If they released 3-4 screenshots every two three months, we wouldn't be THAT starving now if you know what I mean.

[QUOTE=Rai;6018520]
This is also true.

Didn't Karl or someone that combat was one of the [I]last[/I] gaming elements to be revealed (at E3). If so, where is the rest of it? I also think part of the reason why people are reacting the way they are is that CD are being so secretive. If they really are at this conference (and it seems at least Karl and Meagan are), why not just say if they're showing off TR there or not, that info alone won't spoil anything.[/QUOTE]

I wonder too. If they are showing combat (as the last element) at E3, when the hell are we going to hear about the traversal system, the island itself, enemies, traveling, base camps etc...? I ****ing hope they're not going to **** about that in one of their podcasts.

leglion 05-03-12 22:34

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018546][SIZE="3"][B]this is most important question!!!!!!!!!!!!...why is it such a big deal for CD ?[/B][/SIZE]

..ignoring fans is not a right step[/QUOTE]

Because marketing can make or break a game. But CD is smart if this is how they have you guys acting. You guys claim that their marketing strategy is ineffective but you guys are going bat **** crazy over the game. :vlol:

Lukass 05-03-12 22:38

^ :vlol: pffft

And if they are not going to show something at GDC, I'm not buying the game! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

[color=white]lol[/color]

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:38

I understand where your coming from.

It depends by what people mean as 'early'. you see my concept is that the more info you cramp in a shorter amount of time results in feeling we have less waiting to do because we're consistently fed with info that keeps us satisfied within that time period. what im trying to say is because they spread the line too thin, they haven't adequately 'fed' us enough resulting in us starving for info. Because they didn't have much food to give, they shouldn't have stretched their timeline too thin hence starting at a later date to compensate for the lack of food. Do you understand what i mean?

Bottom line, would people be less frustrated with CD if they only had only to wait for 7-8 months before release with little info? Or would they be more frustrated if they had to wait over a year with the same info? The answer is waiting less = less frustration regardless the amount of info they give (assuming they give any information at all). I would honestly rather wait for 8-9 months with no info, rather than over a year with abit of info.

As leglion also pointed out, its working for them much to our own demise, they know we're going crazy for the game therefore their strategy is working in a sense but why does a company have to resort to frustrate their fans to death to meet their ends? seems bit selfish to me.

slavo120 05-03-12 22:39

[QUOTE=leglion;6018552]Because marketing can make or break a game. But CD is smart if this is how they have you guys acting. You guys claim that their marketing strategy is inn effective but you guys are going bat **** crazy over the game. :vlol:[/QUOTE]
I working by day and I have a lot of time in the evening be crazy over the game:jmp:
I still think we're entitled to have any feel regret because 3/4 year waiting for a few screenshot is crazy

[QUOTE=Lukass;6018557]And if they are not going to show something at GDC, I'm not buying the game! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:[color=white]lol[/color][/QUOTE]
:D
last ultimatum

[B]Where is Pietras? We need more power and the voice of the people ![/B]

Lukass 05-03-12 22:43

[QUOTE=jhs270694;6018559]I understand where your coming from.

It depends by what people mean as 'early'. you see my concept is that the more info you cramp in a shorter amount of time results in feeling we have less waiting to do because we're consistently fed with info that keeps us satisfied within that time period. what im trying to say is because they spread the line too thin, they haven't adequately 'fed' us enough resulting in us starving for info. Because they didn't have much food to give, they shouldn't have stretched their timeline too thin hence starting at a later date to compensate for the lack of food. Do you understand what i mean?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I see what you mean. But it's also arguable as some keep telling they are absolutely fine with what hey gave us so far and some are starving. It's hard to explain, but I know what you mean. I think they gave us a lot, but not enough to "feed" us for 9 months.

Edit: Thank God the Wolf's Den footage leaked. It was pretty big portion :vlol:

Love2Raid 05-03-12 22:47

Maybe it's [I]because[/I] of the leak. :-/
It could be.

larafan25 05-03-12 22:48

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6018578]Maybe it's because of the leak. :-/
It could be.[/QUOTE]

But.

Half the footage...

bad quality.

Can't post it or dissect it.

BOORING. :/

slavo120 05-03-12 22:49

From Meagan twitter
"
Katie Fleming ‏:
Just checked all my flight stuff, looks good to go! Holy smokes long trip. 2.5 hours first flight, and 5 the next. Going to be a zombie!
Meagan Marie ‏
@Katie_Fleming So excited to meet you tomorrow!
"

I'm paranoid or they speak to a meeting at GDC?
but it means something for us?:confused:
7.5 hours flight It must mean something big, right ? :D

[QUOTE=larafan25;6018582]But.

Half the footage...

bad quality.

Can't post it or dissect it.

BOORING. :/[/QUOTE]
This and that footage on camera in bad quality ..it is not representative

Linoshi Croft 05-03-12 22:50

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6018578]Maybe it's [I]because[/I] of the leak. :-/
It could be.[/QUOTE]

We saw about 15-30 seconds of basically nothing. So, I doubt it.

larafan25 05-03-12 22:50

^Weeelll it was like three minutes of a long-ass cutscene and some platforming.

[QUOTE=slavo120;6018584]From Meagan twitter
"
Katie Fleming ‏:
Just checked all my flight stuff, looks good to go! Holy smokes long trip. 2.5 hours first flight, and 5 the next. Going to be a zombie!
Meagan Marie ‏
@Katie_Fleming So excited to meet you tomorrow!
"
I'm paranoid or they speak to a meeting at GDC?
but it means something for us?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Oh Oh Oh, wait, nooo.

Meagan was only at GDC for a day, then she was going to be at SWX or something of the kind, to either plan stuff or to be at stuff. ;/

Lukass 05-03-12 22:53

I mentioned it before. If the Den didn't leak we might get it now in HD. The lack of info may be our punishment :p

larafan25 05-03-12 22:53

I don't see why they should punish everyone just because two people leaked stuff.

Lukass 05-03-12 22:54

It doesn't make sense, yeah. And I was joking.

Love2Raid 05-03-12 22:58

No, not a 'punishment' lol. But maybe it messed up their plans somehow. Idk, just speculating.

larafan25 05-03-12 22:59

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6018602]No, not a 'punishment' lol. But maybe it messed up their plans somehow. Idk, just speculating.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

But Karl did say in an interview that they'd get a gameplay trailer out (when asked about that second demo). He said something about in the coming months or in 2012 or something.

jhs270694 05-03-12 22:59

Edited my previous post. I actually have another theory as to the silent act but this one is abit funny and a bit of a jokey 1.

What if CD is reserving all this info because they know we will masterfully and thorougly disect so much info out of screenshots that it results in a spoiler? Are we that clever CD that we can spoil your game because of a few screenshots? :vlol:

Actually someone did dissect the trailer pretty well, just by the trailer they found out tons of stuff such as kublai khans lost fleet and that it was at the dragons triangle before the official info came out, maybe when CD found out the fans dissected soo much info than they thought we could they though "oh ****, they found out too much, we should go easy on the info... clever suckers" :p

this theory isnt meant to be serious BTW, just fun lol

Linoshi Croft 05-03-12 23:00

They put that stuff in there for us to find in the trailer , it was CGI if they didn't want it to be seen they wouldn't of put it in.

[QUOTE=Love2Raid;6018602]No, not a 'punishment' lol. But maybe it messed up their plans somehow. Idk, just speculating.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how considering alot of people didn't see it.

Lukass 05-03-12 23:01

All I remember is, that Dark_Messiah mentioned, that they said (during the Hands-on event in Germany) gameplay trailer is coming in early 2012. It must be either this month or the next one. No question.

larafan25 05-03-12 23:02

[QUOTE=Lukass;6018610]All I remember is, that Dark_Messiah mentioned, that they said (during the Hands-on event in Germany) gameplay trailer is coming in early 2012. It must be either this month or the next one. No question.[/QUOTE]

GDC is a nice time, a bit of elevation.

jhs270694 05-03-12 23:03

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;6018606]They put that stuff in there for us to find in the trailer , it was CGI if they didn't want it to be seen they wouldn't of put it in.

I don't see how considering alot of people didn't see it.[/QUOTE]
i was a joke, wasn't meant to be serious :/

Lukass 05-03-12 23:03

[QUOTE=larafan25;6018611]GDC is a nice time, a bit of elevation.[/QUOTE]

I know. And TR gameplay trailer would be nice answer to the ACIII trailer, wouldn't it? :p