Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wild animals returning as TR1-9 style enemies? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223850)

Wojtke 25-12-19 00:42

Wild animals returning as TR1-9 style enemies?

So lately I've been wondering, how would the combat system work like in the next TR if wild animals were to become more major enemies (TR1-9 style). Because, let's be honest, if the combat system for animals got carried over from SotTR then defeating them would be pretty annoying since they'll be moving a lot.
Maybe two seperate combat modes - one for human enemies and one for animal enemies?
Also, what about mythological enemies - humanoid and animalistic?

(Merry Chrysler btw)

Aerie 26-12-19 17:40

We just need auto aim back.

And for player's who like combats an option for manuel aim.

No human enemies please, or at least much much less. (Not more than 10 or so)

RAID 02-01-20 11:37

[QUOTE=Aerie;8161436][B]We just need auto aim back.

[/B]No human enemies please, or at least much much less. (Not more than 10 or so)[/QUOTE]
[B]Agreed 100%[/B] although I don't mind human enemies, but not having 3 zillion waves thrown at you.

SrDanielPonces 07-01-20 23:08

[QUOTE=Aerie;8161436]We just need auto aim back.

No human enemies please, or at least much much less. (Not more than 10 or so)[/QUOTE]

yes let's bring back the awful, basic combat classics TRs had lmao

at least what reboots do good is have decent combat, even if it's very similar to other games. it just works xoxo

charmedangelin 08-01-20 00:29

[QUOTE=SrDanielPonces;8163878]yes let's bring back the awful, basic combat classics TRs had lmao

at least what reboots do good is have decent combat, even if it's very similar to other games. it just works xoxo[/QUOTE]

Awful, are you high? Reboots combat is awful, the animal enemies for example showcase the worst part of reboot combat. Scramble around and flash through enemies because you have no way of actually dodging and firing like normal people and classic Lara would.

No ma'am, the reboot combat needs to be changed and classic combat wouldn't be so bad to try in incorporate with a modern twist on it. LAU combat was pretty close to this, but reboot is far from great when it comes to combat.

kimiawn 08-01-20 00:31

I'm not a fan of killing wild animals that are just minding their business. (Anyone who shot the cute peaceful monkeys on TR3 is the devil)
I'd prefer facing new types of creatures if the next game has that supernatural feel, or really just humans with a bigger variety of fighting patterns.

charmedangelin 08-01-20 00:35

[QUOTE=kimiawn;8163900]I'm not a fan of killing wild animals that are just minding their business. (Anyone who shot the cute peaceful monkeys on TR3 is the devil)
I'd prefer facing new types of creatures if the next game has that supernatural feel, or really just humans with a bigger variety of fighting patterns.[/QUOTE]

They're just polygons and don't need special protection just because they are animals. I don't understand this mindset at all. We can brutally murder humans any way we see fit, but if there is a dog that is trying to kill the character, we must not shoot it because it's just bad. But gutting, beheading, slicing, burning up humans is a ok. :tmb:

kimiawn 08-01-20 01:09

[QUOTE=charmedangelin;8163901]They're just polygons and don't need special protection just because they are animals. I don't understand this mindset at all. We can brutally murder humans any way we see fit, but if there is a dog that is trying to kill the character, we must not shoot it because it's just bad. But gutting, beheading, slicing, burning up humans is a ok. :tmb:[/QUOTE]

I know it sounds silly :p
But either way, I don't think wild animals would bring anything fresh or interesting to the combat, at least not the way they have done it so far. The only animal who was fun to fight in the reboot games were the bears in Rise IMO, I hated the wolves and jaguars and whatever else, they were too quick and annoying.
I'd rather fight something closer to the Atlanteans or RX-Tech mutants

Swiz19 08-01-20 05:58

[QUOTE=SrDanielPonces;8163878]yes let's bring back the awful, basic combat classics TRs had lmao

[B]at least what reboots do good is have decent combat[/B], even if it's very similar to other games. it just works xoxo[/QUOTE]

Wut.

I'm not the biggest fan of auto-aim, but the reboots combat is absolutely horrible. They (reboot games) actually play like clunky survival horror games which are intentionally trying to disadvantage the player. It feels tacked on, uninspired and unnecessarily weighty - which is extremely weird considering how fluid the adventuring is, and how much Rise and 2013 focused on combat.

I remember prior to 2013 they were not showing off the combat and hyping it up because it was 'special'. When the game finally came out, I thought the combat parts were garbage.

To OP though, yes. Less humans. I just want more variety, whether that is through hostile animals or supernatural ancient enemies. Overall though, I think there needs to be a bigger focus on traps and environmental dangers.

lance6439 08-01-20 06:07

at least what reboots do good is have decent combat, even if it's very similar to other games. it just works xoxo[/QUOTE]

Going to have to agree here as well

-

I don't mind. I just don't want to unlock all these kill moves to just end up using it on almost zero enemies (Shadow)