Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Underworld (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   CD trying to bring the DLC to PC (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225774)

Zsott 04-03-21 05:48

[QUOTE=Felipe;8283104]
I hope they can work something out and re-release LAU with the X360 content, and maybe even some new outfits for the 3 games :D[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is, there are other exclusive contents for LAU: the PSP exclusive items.
Legend has several outfits locked behind its multiplayer/ time trial for one of its game mode, a PSP exclusive track for fighting Takamoto; and Anniversary has some PSP exclusive outfits too.

tomblover 04-03-21 10:07

I think it's also important to remember that if they [I]did[/I] port the DLCs, it would likely be for PC only.

Partly because Microsoft would be more amenable to that, but also because the PS3 and 360 platforms are no longer supported, we're talking two generations ago.

The easiest option is to just stick 'em on STEAM, or more likely as part of [I]another[/I] re-release, similar to the trilogy we got on PS3.

Granted, I don't think they would re-release LAU on its own, there would probably be re-releases of the Classics as well then, but y'know.

Obi_Black 04-03-21 11:53

[QUOTE=tomblover;8283297]I think it's also important to remember that if they [I]did[/I] port the DLCs, it would likely be for PC only.
[/QUOTE]
I would beg to differ :D If we are talking about releasing simple ports to already existing version of TRU, then yes, it makes sense. PC however is not leading gaming platform, so it would be more profitable to make actual remasters for all current gen systems.

On the other hand, GOG proves that there is still demand for old and niche titles, that were never released in digital distribution, so who knows.

Zsott 05-03-21 05:26

[QUOTE=tomblover;8283297]

Granted, I don't think they would re-release LAU on its own, there would probably be re-releases of the Classics as well then, but y'know.[/QUOTE]

If so, then the TRUE trademark got its meaning. (granted, that all the TR anthology would be included)

frodrigues 05-03-21 23:47

[QUOTE=LateRaider;8282482]thank you for being the only ****ing person to tell the truth[/QUOTE]

Just a little something: don’t go up online calling people you don’t know a liar. I opened this thread with the best of intentions to give a heads up to those who missed the information. Have you find the stream with the info to confirm what the truth is? I tried it and when I came back I found I was in trial or something. Your attitude sucked so maybe try to not say online what you probably wouldn’t say in person.

Wooxman 09-03-21 12:37

Couldn't a remaster be a solution for this? Some of the Assassin's Creed games had PlayStation exclusive DLCs, but when the Ezio trilogy was released, it came with those DLCs, even on Xbox One. So maybe that could be a loop hole.

[QUOTE=Obi_Black;8283317]PC however is not leading gaming platform, so it would be more profitable to make actual remasters for all current gen systems.[/QUOTE]
There's easily more people with PCs that could run LAU remasters than those who own a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S. So there's that. And in recent years there have been a lot of ports of older console games to PC with improved graphics and those apparently sell well enough.

killchan 09-03-21 13:09

A remaster [I]should[/I] include the DLCs , as they extend the ending of the base game.
And maybe , as a cherry on top, SE might leave the bikinis to Microsoft :p as a testament to that stupid agreement.

The way I see it the real news is that the discussion itself even started. It strongly implies that a remaster might be on the table.

The legend trilogy as a whole needs more than just a couple of bonus levels and outfits.

The next gen graphics in Legend are pretty instable, Anniversary lacks them completely on some platforms , in Underworld the movement is broken and Lara prioritizes walljumps over ledge grabbing :vlol: which is kind of ironic considering the latter is basically 80% of the gameplay of the entire trilogy

tomblover 09-03-21 16:17

[QUOTE=killchan;8284322]And maybe , as a cherry on top, SE might leave the bikinis to Microsoft :p as a testament to that stupid agreement.[/QUOTE] If only! The game would get so much promo from all of the mouthbreather channels on YouTube crying censorship... :vlol:

Valentino 09-03-21 16:24

[QUOTE=killchan;8284322]

The legend trilogy as a whole needs more than just a couple of bonus levels and outfits.

The next gen graphics in Legend are pretty instable, Anniversary lacks them completely on some platforms , in Underworld the movement is broken and Lara prioritizes walljumps over ledge grabbing :vlol: which is kind of ironic considering the latter is basically 80% of the gameplay of the entire trilogy[/QUOTE]

Yeah for real I don't know why we got what we got from Legend in the PS3 remaster. Actual jokes. And they didn't even attempt any polish up with Underworld. They knew it was buggy but proceeded to release it again.......with it being buggy? Anniversary looks splendid in some parts but still has it's "ooff" moments.

Did Lara's Shadow and Beneath the Ashes play like Underworld did? I.e clunky movements and whack camera?

Wooxman 11-03-21 10:37

[QUOTE=Valentino;8284359]And they didn't even attempt any polish up with Underworld.[/QUOTE]
They probably just put the original PS3 version into that collection. IIRC back then not many people outside of the TR fandom complained about Underworld's buginess.

[QUOTE=Valentino;8284359]Did Lara's Shadow and Beneath the Ashes play like Underworld did? I.e clunky movements and whack camera?[/QUOTE]
Beneath the Ashes plays the same, but there aren't as many small and cramped rooms as in the main game, so Lara doesn't constantly bump into walls. Lara's Shadow on the other hand plays much better and has more responsive controls.