www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ammo Max Limit (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223113)

MilkShakespear 18-07-19 20:18

Ammo Max Limit
 
Is there a limit to how much ammo you can carry? Saving up for those later weapons, but I don't want to waste pickups.

There was a max ammo limit in the gameboy Tomb Raiders, figure it's worth asking the community.

Arsunt 18-07-19 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkShakespear (Post 8111242)
Is there a limit to how much ammo you can carry? Saving up for those later weapons, but I don't want to waste pickups.

There was a max ammo limit in the gameboy Tomb Raiders, figure it's worth asking the community.

65535 for every weapon.
Nevertheless shotgun can display 9422 maximum, because its displayed ammo divided by 6. I mean... technically in the program code shotgun shell has 6 shots inside it, and shotgun makes all 6 shots at once.

MilkShakespear 18-07-19 20:55

Wow! Is that for real? Why the odd number?

Thanks for the quick find! Guess I can collect as much Uzi as I need!

Arsunt 18-07-19 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilkShakespear (Post 8111253)
Why the odd number?

Because 65535 is equal to binary 1111 1111 1111 1111 (16 bit).
When you add just 1 to this number you get 0 (zero) instead of 65536.
That happens because 65536 is equal to binary 1 0000 0000 0000 0000 (17 bit).
But game can store just 16 bits of the value, so it cuts off leftmost bit, leaving just zero bits.

It works like a mechanical counter, which returns to 00000 (even number) after 99999 (odd number)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...anical.agr.jpg

Samz 18-07-19 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsunt (Post 8111245)
65535 for every weapon.
Nevertheless shotgun can display 9422 maximum, because its displayed ammo divided by 6. I mean... technically in the program code shotgun shell has 6 shots inside it, and shotgun makes all 6 shots at once.

So more than you could ever get?

I mean you might be able to hit with the Uzi's maybe? I guess if you don't use them at all the entire game and get every Uzi pick-up.

Woops 18-07-19 23:08

Thank you for the info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 8111331)

I mean you might be able to hit with the Uzi's maybe? I guess if you don't use them at all the entire game and get every Uzi pick-up.


deffo not, each pickup is 80 ammo (iirc), you'll need ~819 pickups to reach that number

Danath 18-07-19 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 8111334)
deffo not, each pickup is 80 ammo (iirc), you'll need ~819 pickups to reach that number

Yep, it's 80 bullets per single pickup.

Heartache 19-07-19 04:53

one tip i can give you, is to not sit on your ammo forever. the last levels arent that hard. most annoying enemies are the ones that carry guns themselves because of their huge range, so use stronger weapons on those.

Maverin 19-07-19 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsunt (Post 8111245)
65535 for every weapon.
Nevertheless shotgun can display 9422 maximum, because its displayed ammo divided by 6. I mean... technically in the program code shotgun shell has 6 shots inside it, and shotgun makes all 6 shots at once.

Very interesting. Any reason as to why they coded the shotgun that way?

Woops 19-07-19 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverin (Post 8111476)
Very interesting. Any reason as to why they coded the shotgun that way?

Because the shotgun shoots 6 bullets at once (you can see it in game as well)


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.