Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reloaded announced (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225361)

CheshireBitch 18-12-20 10:34

I'm not convinced but I want to try it just to see what it's like !

UroshUchiha 18-12-20 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRF (Post 8261666)
I'm still not able to try and play this game!

Just for the sake of it, I'm dying to try it and see if it's really that bad as it looks.
Google Play doesn't allow me to do it :(

From what I understand it's only available in the Philippines at the moment (I think?) but it is a bit strange that I haven't seen the APK floating around. Usually APKs for free games appear almost instantly.

Mikky 18-12-20 13:58

Actually, the APK is "floating around" already. Google is your friend.

Seems this version of the game is not compatible with my phone but I'm sure it will work for others here.

UroshUchiha 18-12-20 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8261889)

Seems this version of the game is not compatible with my phone but I'm sure it will work for others here.

Last time I googled, nothing came up. You posted this and now they are there.
But apparently all the posts that are showing up for me were posted in the last 48 hours or so.

If you have a PC you can always try it with an emulator.

jackali 18-12-20 15:24

I've not really enjoyed what I've tried so far.

The grind is insane. The controls are a bit wonky. The whole premise is a bit dull.

The sound design is quite nice though. The menus and attention to detail with the gear aren't bad either.

charmedangelin 18-12-20 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8261889)

Any safe site for the apk, I don't trust downloading apks from just any website.

UroshUchiha 18-12-20 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8261908)
I've not really enjoyed what I've tried so far.

The grind is insane. The controls are a bit wonky. The whole premise is a bit dull.

The sound design is quite nice though. The menus and attention to detail with the gear aren't bad either.

I tried it for an hour now and I don't think I'll go back to it in this state personally.
Menus are lovely, sounds are actually nice and I like them. Details and certain animations are also entertaining.

Controls are horrible on touch screen in my opinion, maybe I'll boot it up on my PC emulator for Android and bind movement to keys on the keyboard and see if that's any better.

And yes, the grind is apparently massive, you need to replay levels A LOT in order to progress.

Mikky 18-12-20 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8261920)
Any safe site for the apk, I don't trust downloading apks from just any website.

Link removed
Doesn't get any safer than MEGA

Strayyy_ 18-12-20 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 8261960)
Link removed

Doesn't get any safer than MEGA

Tried using it on an emulator but it crashed lol

UroshUchiha 18-12-20 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strayyy_ (Post 8261963)
Tried using it on an emulator but it crashed lol

I tried it in Memu and BlueStacks and both of them crashed.
There's still Nox, Mumu and LDPlayer but I am too lazy to install those now for this game xD

jackali 19-12-20 00:46

Removing the link for now, because I'm not sure if this is technically piracy or not. Will get clarification and update in this thread if it can be posted again.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 10:26

I managed to get the APK on my own and I have a lot of thoughts, the game is not as bad as it looks. Yes it has combat but there is also platforming, puzzle solving, and bosses. Wish this game didn't leak. Some stuff did not come from Archero.

It's clear there is stuff not shown off.

Strayyy_ 19-12-20 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262068)
I managed to get the APK on my own and I have a lot of thoughts, the game is not as bad as it looks. Yes it has combat but there is also platforming, puzzle solving, and bosses. Wish this game didn't leak. Some stuff did not come from Archero.

How is the grind? is it free2play friendly?

charmedangelin 19-12-20 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strayyy_ (Post 8262070)
How is the grind? is it free2play friendly?

The grind is not too bad, I managed to defeat the boss from the first level after a few runs. Some features are unavailable that would reward you currency so I can't say for sure. But so far all currency is obtainable in the game. If it's like Archero, the purple jewels wi be rewarded for completing tasks and simply just logging in.

People who are dying alot just aren't picking the right skills. You can easily sweep the first level by picking the right combat skills.

Not sure I can progress much through the second though, lack of certain features make obtaining certain items difficult needed to get through the second level.

So far though I actually really like it.

SnatchingEdges 19-12-20 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262068)

If only certain someones wouldn't have spread the leaks all over the Internet :whi:

michaeldt 19-12-20 11:05

I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt but after watching gameplay this couldn't be further from what I was wanting and/or expecting :(.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 11:08

Lara says Hello

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...219-053954.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeldt (Post 8262076)
I was willing to give this the benefit of the doubt but after watching gameplay this couldn't be further from what I was wanting and/or expecting :(.

Believe me when I tell you that what you saw is just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to the game.

jackali 19-12-20 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262078)
Believe me when I tell you that what you saw is just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to the game.

Having played further than you, I do not believe you.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8262086)
Having played further than you, I do not believe you.

Really, you managed to get passed level 2? Lol

What they showed was mostly shooting, but from what I played there was puzzle sections and platforming sections that they didn't show off much.

UroshUchiha 19-12-20 13:53

I personally got to level 3 and I disagree that what we saw was just the tip of the iceberg. We pretty much saw 80% of the game and the new levels just do MORE of what we already saw basically.
Enemy that used to shoot one projectile now has a variant that shoots 2. Or a new one later that shoots 4 and such.

Where is the platforming that someone mentioned? What puzzles? Stand on a button or push a single pillar is a puzzle now?

You can't even play the game as much as you want cause you have the energy bar thingy so you have to wait for it to refill after like 3 or 4 attempts.

The grind is bad, I'm sorry but it is. Saw that someone said that the grind is fine and I assume that person is just used to mobile games grinding so this is fine to them cause they are trained at it. If you are not a mobile games player the grind is just bad.

I don't know, maybe I am blind, but I got halfway through level 3 out of 5 levels and they were all the same. I think there was one chamber where you had to just go forward to reach the exit before the ceiling collapsing kills you, but that was just "run forward" until you reach the end with no obstacles.

jackali 19-12-20 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262088)
Really, you managed to get passed level 2? Lol

What they showed was mostly shooting, but from what I played there was puzzle sections and platforming sections that they didn't show off much.

Yes, I'm currently on Vilcabamba.

From there, you start getting waves of enemies in each room.

There's no platforming at all. The puzzles just require you to have one or several pressure plates pushed down.

Traps which come in later (I've had arrows shot from the walls, and later swinging blades) don't really add much.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 19:38

So the first level is the only place where they had that section where the ceiling collapses and you have to run passed the blades and all?

The first level led me to believe that they would really expand on the puzzle aspect given that there are specific sections where like you said you have to press the switch or push blocks like in classic TR.

Hmm.......I'll have to progress more before I can give my final opinion. I will say the game does become very grundy after level 1. I'm stick stuck on level 2 which is very slow for Lara to progress. The game seemed initially fine, especially in later staged of level 1, but now it's like I can't progress much at all.

Also really annoyed that the purple gems only come when you level Lara up. That is not how you got them in the original Archero game. Archero you got the purple gems on each run and also got major bonuses just from logging in.

The energy in Archero would also be something you found in the original easily so you could actually stack them up and never worry about not being able to play.

I'll admit I was a bit too gleeful when I initially reviewed it because the first level was so promising, but now it's really a major pain in the rear. Especially getting gear. I don't know how the hell that one guy got Lara's shotgun, but jesus christ does it seem impossible.

UroshUchiha 19-12-20 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262157)
I don't know how the hell that one guy got Lara's shotgun, but jesus christ does it seem impossible.

From what I noticed you get a free gear gift once a day in the store or something? Maybe that's how they got the shotgun? I only got a bracelet and an amulet so far.

charmedangelin 19-12-20 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8262162)
From what I noticed you get a free gear gift once a day in the store or something? Maybe that's how they got the shotgun? I only got a bracelet and an amulet so far.

Ah I see, I still have 4 hours remaining. I also hate how when you level up you don't actually increase your stats. You have to pay for the stats to increase. And you need runes which are hard to come by in level 2 and I'm not willing to replay level 1 for ages just to make progress.

I've been playing for a few hours now and I give up on it. The game is way too grindy. I'm sure I could best it if I spend several days on it running and dying a bit each day, but I'm already on level 7 on Archero and I only installed that a week or two ago. That game is easy to make lots of progress, this game is too much of a pain.

I know it seems a bit flip floppy of me, but the game changed course after you beat the first level. It's just not good in its current state.

Strayyy_ 19-12-20 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8262163)
Ah I see, I still have 4 hours remaining. I also hate how when you level up you don't actually increase your stats. You have to pay for the stats to increase. And you need runes which are hard to come by in level 2 and I'm not willing to replay level 1 for ages just to make progress.

I've been playing for a few hours now and I give up on it. The game is way too grindy. I'm sure I could best it if I spend several days on it running and dying a bit each day, but I'm already on level 7 on Archero and I only installed that a week or two ago. That game is easy to make lots of progress, this game is too much of a pain.

I know it seems a bit flip floppy of me, but the game changed course after you beat the first level. It's just not good in its current state.

Yikes, they need to learn from Dissidia Final Fantasy OperaOmnia

Chamayoo 20-12-20 11:17

I also managed to play the game. It's not as uninterested that I thought. The art style in the environment is awful but the rest is alright. Despite the only thing you have is to move, you have to be precise and fast in some situations. My version is slow and Lara isn't that much responsive that it could be infuriating sometimes.
I didn't have to pay or wait to play, it's a good thing. However it could be awful to replay the stages again and again and again to succeed.
The updates seem to be useful, that's a good point.
I didn't talk about the music, it's good and nostalgic ! :)

I'm at chapter 2 for the moment. I would say 5/10 for the moment. It's ok, could be more.

UroshUchiha 21-12-20 08:22

@charmedangelin I just got the shotgun from that free daily gear crate. Now we know how to get it hahah
https://i.imgur.com/rntRCoT.jpg

Chamayoo 21-12-20 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8262447)
@charmedangelin I just got the shotgun from that free daily gear crate. Now we know how to get it hahah
https://i.imgur.com/rntRCoT.jpg

I wish to have this as well. :D
However today I won a relic I don't really know its use. I have an additional bar that filled with the number of your kills. When it's full I don't know what to do with this. :ponder:

UroshUchiha 21-12-20 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8262462)
I wish to have this as well. :D
However today I won a relic I don't really know its use. I have an additional bar that filled with the number of kills. When it's full I don't what to do with this. :ponder:

During a level I randomly got an item, an amulet. Once I was done with the level you get to see the "stats" and what you picked up. I clicked on the amulet and there was a popup text saying that if I use it, I get attack speed each time I enter a room.
Thankfully I read that there at the end level screen cause in the inventory the item has no description whatsoever xD I don't even know how much % the attack speed is increased hahaha.

So yeah, there's work to be done in this game for sure.

Chamayoo 21-12-20 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8262463)
During a level I randomly got an item, an amulet. Once I was done with the level you get to see the "stats" and what you picked up. I clicked on the amulet and there was a popup text saying that if I use it, I get attack speed each time I enter a room.
Thankfully I read that there at the end level screen cause in the inventory the item has no description whatsoever xD I don't even know how much % the attack speed is increased hahaha.

So yeah, there's work to be done in this game for sure.

I agree, it's difficult to read into the stats... especially as an APK, I have code names instead of real names. :cln:

jackali 22-12-20 10:23

The T-Rex is hard. :/

Chamayoo 22-12-20 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8262624)
The T-Rex is hard. :/

I'm not there yet ! I was at stage 27 of chapter 2. The last boss I defeated was giant red bugs.

norabrave 22-12-20 12:36

Saw the gameplay... So disappointed. :confused:

jackali 23-12-20 08:58

Was lucky and the T-Rex petty much killed itself this time.

Only one area left.

None of it has been very exciting so far... Oh well, I'm giving it the best chance possible to be enjoyable.

First combat room of Tomb of Qualopec is absolutely punishing. A boss stage where several smaller enemies also spawn periodically. Need to be really lucky with the first power up, or need to get a better weapon. The pistols just don't cut it at this stage.

Edit: Interesting. It's not the same boss each time.

UroshUchiha 23-12-20 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8262813)
Was lucky and the T-Rex petty much killed itself this time.

Only one area left.

None of it has been very exciting so far... Oh well, I'm giving it the best chance possible to be enjoyable.

First combat room of Tomb of Qualopec is absolutely punishing. A boss stage where several smaller enemies also spawn periodically. Need to be really lucky with the first power up, or need to get a better weapon. The pistols just don't cut it at this stage.

Currently my best is 28/50 in The Lost Valley and it's like you said, you have to be very lucky with the powerups that you get. You either get a build that can take you a long way or you don't. More often than not you get a build that won't get you very far no matter how hard you try and then you have to grind and grind to boost those stats.

It definitely is one of those games that I only boot up when I am literally not doing anything else and need some time to kill. Now mostly I am waiting for that daily random gear drop to see if I'll get something game changing to help me along.

Most of my deaths come from the touchscreen controls honestly, think I'll enjoy this game much more once an android emulator on PC get's the update needed to run this one cause it crashes on start up for some reason. Hands get sweaty and the touch screen gets wonky which leads to instant death in these later levels.

Wonder if the save file from this Early Access build will work once the full game comes out or will the people playing now have to start from scratch.

Chamayoo 23-12-20 17:56

Finally I succeed Vilcabamba ! Let's go to Lost Valley ! 50 stages ? Are they mad ? :cln:

UroshUchiha 23-12-20 18:22

I managed to finish that one earlier today. Was lucky enough to get a nice build of powerups that can actually be of any use here. And it's one of those setups I probably won't get for the next 50 runs with how luck based this thing is.
https://i.imgur.com/gA4921U.jpg

I'll still have to grind it a lot because the last level is just insane and you need to boost your stats SO MUCH before you can even do the first stage in level 5.

Also, just found a way to cheese the game a bit, if you die, just quickly close the app. Reopen it and it will throw you back in in the stage you died with full health so you can retry it.

Granted that won't really help you much progress to the next stage until you boost your items a lot.

Chamayoo 23-12-20 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8262886)
Also, just found a way to cheese the game a bit, if you die, just quickly close the app. Reopen it and it will throw you back in in the stage you died with full health so you can retry it.

Granted that won't really help you much progress to the next stage until you boost your items a lot.

Interesting. 👀
Congrats by the way !

As for myself I was totally wrong, I just entered Vilcabamba (chapter 3). It's much better looking in the temple compared to the caves.

Strayyy_ 23-12-20 19:29

Has anyone found an emulator that this game works on?

UroshUchiha 24-12-20 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strayyy_ (Post 8262898)
Has anyone found an emulator that this game works on?

I tried LDPlayer, Memu, Nox and Bluestacks (only ones that I know that have 64bit Android emulation), and all 4 crash when you try to run the app.