www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

johnanonymouz 25-04-18 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiersaint (Post 7861914)
You can also like and want some parts without others. Maybe someone wants less action but accompanying side characters and another wants more cinematic gameplay but no melee combat, you get what I mean?

Totally, my comment was not targeting anyone! Like......I'd love Tomb Raider to have Uncharted level animations but good animations and good secondary characters are not something exclusive to Uncharted.

Yeauxleaux 25-04-18 22:44

I think Uncharted suffers a lot of the same problems TR has actually; too easily platforming, too much linearity, the forced slow walks, quite a bit of clichť in the writing and characters (especially from Uncharted 2-onwards). Granted I don't think it's as bad as Treboot is for these things, but they are present.

I do enjoy Uncharted's characters a lot more than I do Reboot Lara, because to me they're more animated, happy-go-lucky and don't take themselves so seriously 24/7. That said I do think the games also suffer from some cringeworthy clichť moments at a lot of points too.

The only AAA games who I think genuinely have amazing characters in the age of "realism!!!" and overly-cinematic games are the Assassin's Creed series.

Stevo505 25-04-18 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga (Post 7861877)
I'd be up for that! But I would rather see (or play!) a flashback of Lara and Roth when Lara was in her teens. I don't think we have seen Lara in her teenage years in this timeline yet.

A playable flashback sequence to Lara and Roth climbing Snowdon where she learned the phrase "Just keep moving..." would be awesome.

ave.avei 25-04-18 23:07

I'd rather never see another snowy mountain ever again in the tomb raider games lol. I like the idea of a cute tutorial flashback in the form of lara as a kid either exploring finding her necklace on an archeological dig, or her playing in the trees and climbing the walls around Croft Manor while her dad was still alive.

iWANEX 25-04-18 23:39

I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tomorrow. Or tonight. You have no idea how hyped I am.

Vaskito 25-04-18 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7861933)
I donít think Iíll be able to sleep tomorrow. Or tonight. You have no idea how hyped I am.

Iím just as hyped! I have to wake up to work in a little more than 6 hours and Iím too excited to fall asleep

Evan C. 26-04-18 00:10

I am glad I am not the only one. I am very sensitive though, I am gonna cry like a child on friday probably haha.

kiersaint 26-04-18 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7861917)
Totally, my comment was not targeting anyone! Like......I'd love Tomb Raider to have Uncharted level animations but good animations and good secondary characters are not something exclusive to Uncharted.

Ahhhh I didn't think you were aiming at anyone, I just thought it was weird to say that people who don't want a cinematic game like Uncharted then ask for certain things from Uncharted are somehow hypocritical, I can't fully remember what you said now but I remember feeling a little confused, perhaps I misread it. Either way I 100% agree that there are plenty of games with both good graphics and secondary characters :tmb:

iWANEX 26-04-18 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 7861937)
I am glad I am not the only one. I am very sensitive though, I am gonna cry like a child on friday probably haha.

I wish we could all get together and experience this in person! Wouldnít that be cool?

NoahCrofRaider 26-04-18 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7861933)
I donít think Iíll be able to sleep tomorrow. Or tonight. You have no idea how hyped I am.

Same!!! :jmp: