Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wrestling thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140876)

interstellardave 01-12-08 12:12

For my money the best match of the year is still Edge vrs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Edge wrestled his ass off in that match--which was a clean match, btw--and you could even (very briefly) believe that Takers' streak might actually end, although it didn't, of course. Edge vrs Undertaker in the Hell In A Cell was phenomenal too (was that the Summerslam match you're referring to?).

I also remember (because I was there) the fatal 4 way at Backlash where HHH took the title from Orton. JBL and Cena were out quicker than I expected but the finish between Orton and HHH was long and compelling--awesome match!

Paddy 01-12-08 12:15

[QUOTE=interstellardave;3273283]For my money the best match of the year is still Edge vrs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Edge wrestled his ass off in that match--which was a clean match, btw--and you could even (very briefly) believe that Takers' streak might actually end, although it didn't, of course. Edge vrs Undertaker in the Hell In A Cell was phenomenal too (was that the Summerslam match you're referring to?).

I also remember (because I was there) the fatal 4 way at Backlash where HHH took the title from Orton. JBL and Cena were out quicker than I expected but the finish between Orton and HHH was long and compelling--awesome match![/QUOTE]

Yep that hell in a cell was great, although Im surprised about the lack of blood.
Backlash match was great too, may as well have been just HHH and Orton

James-Croft 01-12-08 12:43

I hate wrestling.

For me, it is stupid to watch a fight...
You like violence? You are stupid.
I hate wrestling also 'cause it's not real. In a real fight, the fighters will be dead.

Wrestling if for the stupid part of the human beings.
Rough.
Not civilized.
Stupid.

Paddy 01-12-08 12:59

Well dont post here, we as fans are quite entitled to enjoy the violence of wrestling, its not all fake, the throws, suplexes and blood is real. Noone is stupid for enjoying sports entertainment.
Its violence is awesome.

interstellardave 01-12-08 13:07

[quote=Paddy;3273319]Well dont post here, we as fans are quite entitled to enjoy the violence of wrestling, its not all fake, the throws, suplexes and blood is real. Noone is stupid for enjoying sports entertainment.
Its violence is awesome.[/quote]

No need to counter someone whose argument counters itself. He/she says violence is stupid--then says wrestling is stupid because it's fake! Well, if it's fake then it's not violent; ergo not stupid! Captain Kirk destroyed many alien robots using such logical paradoxes. :cln:

CerebralAssassin 01-12-08 13:07

^don't post in here then,if you don't like it!!;)

James-Croft 01-12-08 13:23

[QUOTE=Paddy;3273319]Well dont post here, we as fans are quite entitled to enjoy the violence of wrestling, its not all fake, the throws, suplexes and blood is real. Noone is stupid for enjoying sports entertainment.
Its violence is awesome.[/QUOTE]

And you think violence and blood are awesome ?
O_o

You have a psycho problem !

And I post here, to understand (maybe) why you like wrestling.
I don't understand that.

CerebralAssassin 01-12-08 13:28

[QUOTE=James-Croft;3273349]And you think violence and blood are awesome ?
O_o

You have a psycho problem !

And I post here, to understand (maybe) why you like wrestling.
I don't understand that.[/QUOTE]

well,if you are an idiot,then how would you understand anything at all?;)

Paddy 01-12-08 13:55

[quote=james-croft;3273349]and you think violence and blood are awesome ?
O_o

you have a psycho problem !

And i post here, to understand (maybe) why you like wrestling.
I don't understand that.[/quote]

rofl if enjoying wrestling makes me psycho well so be it.

Back to topic at hand.
Just watched elimination chamber 02 which HBK won.
That and hell in a cell is awesome, awesome when Mankind got chucked off and smashed through a table.

Alive_and_Funky 01-12-08 20:37

[QUOTE=Paddy;3273210]My favourite wrestlers are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker.[/QUOTE]
My favourite wrestlers are Edge, Bryan Danielson and Kurt Angle. :D

[QUOTE=Paddy;3273276]Yeah and he lost it because Hardy got taken out :p
It doesnt bother me because like you said he can beat Flairs record, although is that a good thing?
Flair won it 16 times but also lost it 16 times, not the best title defender.
Triple H is different, his latest reign was outstanding.[/QUOTE]
Jeff Jarrett from TNA is also in the running for beating Flair's record. Now there's a scary thought...
Still, Triple H married into the McMahon family and Jarrett runs TNA (or something like that). Kinda makes winning so many titles easy, don't you think? :whi:

[QUOTE=CerebralAssassin;3273282]I think most of these titles Flair's had weren't even WWE's,they were WCW titles...;)[/QUOTE]
Don't forget about the NWA title. :ton:
Although, I think WCW might have had exclusivity to it at some point like TNA did.

[QUOTE=interstellardave;3273283]For my money the best match of the year is still Edge vrs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Edge wrestled his ass off in that match--which was a clean match, btw--and you could even (very briefly) believe that Takers' streak might actually end, although it didn't, of course. Edge vrs Undertaker in the Hell In A Cell was phenomenal too (was that the Summerslam match you're referring to?).[/QUOTE]
I've not seen all of their WrestleMania clash, but you're not the first person who I've heard say that they believed Undertaker's streak might have come to an end. I have seen their Hell in a Cell match though, which I agree with you about. :D

[QUOTE=Paddy;3273285]Yep that hell in a cell was great, although Im surprised about the lack of blood.[/QUOTE]
I was too, but then I heard about WWE's attempt to go PG. XD

[QUOTE=James-Croft;3273349]And I post here, to understand (maybe) why you like wrestling.
I don't understand that.[/QUOTE]
Well, as a person who is hoping to become a wrestler someday, wrestling isn't just about violence since I view it as an art form. There's just something special about watching wrestlers go at it in an attempt to tear the house down.

[QUOTE=Paddy;3273380]Back to topic at hand.
Just watched elimination chamber 02 which HBK won.
That and hell in a cell is awesome, awesome when Mankind got chucked off and smashed through a table.[/QUOTE]
Agreed x2. :p