Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Remothered (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=225701)

ActuallyArlow 12-02-21 19:24

Remothered

I really love the Remothered games. I beat the first game Remothered: Tormented Fathers and I Speedrun the sequel Remothered: Broken Porcelain. There's gonna be a third Remothered in 2022. A character who reminds me of a young Lara Croft named Jen is in the games as well. But my fave character is Rosemary Reed

killchan 12-02-21 19:34

[QUOTE=ActuallyArlow;8279020]I Speedrun the sequel Remothered: Broken Porcelain[/QUOTE]

Woah, me too! The second game screams speedrun. To be honest, that approach is almost too obvious, it's extremely linear.

They patched it a lot lately although I'm yet to play the latest version, too busy with cyberpunk.

ActuallyArlow 13-02-21 08:13

[QUOTE=killchan;8279024]Woah, me too! The second game screams speedrun. To be honest, that approach is almost too obvious, it's extremely linear.

They patched it a lot lately although I'm yet to play the latest version, too busy with cyberpunk.[/QUOTE]
That's awesome! What port do you run it on? I use PS4. Yeah the patches do effect speedruns a bit but the game is still recent so I'm hopeful theres more strats to discover. It totally is more linear than Tormented Fathers. I guess cuz casual players thought Tormented Fathers was too hard maybe idk tho

killchan 15-02-21 09:58

I have to PC version.

and I have to agree, the first game in really hardcore in comparison.

These indie studios like to brag about offering "hard core experiences" , but then they get scared the second they see that no one beat their hard core game, so they walk back on their words with easy sequels or "easy mode" upgrades.

It's clear that this studio took feedback seriously (movement speed, stalker's audio cues, unfaireness) but they went too far. Just the save system makes the game feel trivial.

I think the problem here is that these studios believe that players should learn through failure.
That's not good.

I had to suggest the developers of Them & Us to write somewhere in the game that open combat was not recommended, cause people kept killing everything only to run out of ammo.

ActuallyArlow 15-02-21 11:06

[QUOTE=killchan;8279577]I have to PC version.

and I have to agree, the first game in really hardcore in comparison.

These indie studios like to brag about offering "hard core experiences" , but then they get scared the second they see that no one beat their hard core game, so they walk back on their words with easy sequels or "easy mode" upgrades.

It's clear that this studio took feedback seriously (movement speed, stalker's audio cues, unfaireness) but they went too far. Just the save system makes the game feel trivial.

I think the problem here is that these studios believe that players should learn through failure.
That's not good.

I had to suggest the developers of Them & Us to write somewhere in the game that open combat was not recommended, cause people kept killing everything only to run out of ammo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah indie studios can get big headed about how hard their games are. The one thing I do appreciate is that they listen to feedback. My biggest complaint was that Rosemary's chapter was way too short. Plus the trailers that showed her gameplay gave ppl the impression that Rosemary was gonna have a cool badass shoot out with Porcelain but all the player needed to do was run to the lobby then cutscene starts.

Also this is my PB on PS4, 53:24
[youtube]/Wq-7sr2Y0tk[/youTube]

rewak 15-02-21 12:46

It's weird you both think Porcelain is easier than Fathers, I think the opposite! I actually haven't finished Porcelain because I got frustrated with it but I can breeze through Fathers no problem. It was the restaurant section that killed it for me, having 3 stalkers in a small area and you're pretty much forced to agro them just to get into the restaurant itself. I did watch a playthrough on YT though and absolutely loved the story, perfect follow up and answered so many questions, maybe too much since this was supposed to be a trilogy. I don't really know what else they could explore next. I haven't read the comic yet though, I have Fathers on Xbone, PS4, and Switch, I don't really want to buy the PC version just so I can read a comic.

ActuallyArlow 17-02-21 22:01

[QUOTE=rewak;8279607]It's weird you both think Porcelain is easier than Fathers, I think the opposite! I actually haven't finished Porcelain because I got frustrated with it but I can breeze through Fathers no problem. It was the restaurant section that killed it for me, having 3 stalkers in a small area and you're pretty much forced to agro them just to get into the restaurant itself. I did watch a playthrough on YT though and absolutely loved the story, perfect follow up and answered so many questions, maybe too much since this was supposed to be a trilogy. I don't really know what else they could explore next. I haven't read the comic yet though, I have Fathers on Xbone, PS4, and Switch, I don't really want to buy the PC version just so I can read a comic.[/QUOTE]

Haha I guess we all just have different ideas on what's difficult. Tormented Fathers was hard for me personally cuz I'm not used to it's puzzles but that's just me. Also I wish they made the comic available to purchase on any port, I hate that you have to have a PC AND already having bought the first game. They honestly should have made the comic a seperate purchase altogether so everyone could read it

ActuallyArlow 17-02-21 22:02

Who I believe would be good choices to play Rosemary Reed:

[youtube]/NJWdY2eParM[/youtube]

ActuallyArlow 19-02-21 22:00

Rosemary Reed lines from Tormented Fathers:
[YouTube]/ZI_IDEDyM3Y[/YouTube]

ActuallyArlow 19-02-21 22:02

Rosemary Reed lines in Broken Porcelain:
[YouTube]/qAwLqn_4ep8[/YouTube]