www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   General Tomb Raider Discussion (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=207878)

Rai 16-11-14 12:31

General Tomb Raider Discussion

This is a thread to be used for all things TOMB RAIDER. The thread is intended for those thoughts and posts that don't really fit into any one of the threads we already have and don't truly deserve a thread all their very own. This is NOT a substitute for Open Chat as we already have one. If someone has something off topic/non TR related to say, then reconsider posting here and use the relevant GC/OC thread.

The thread will be moderated strictly and irrelevant posts/spam will be dealt accordingly with consequences for spammer(s)

Continue. :D

sackboy123 16-11-14 12:32

I'll start off with saying AOD was my 1st Tomb Raider game and will always be my favourite :jmp:

MegaGamer 16-11-14 12:35

Would you mind clarifying what we have to do here again? I'm sorta confused. :ponder: Is it basically a place where we just give our opinions and talk about Tomb Raider stuff?

sackboy123 16-11-14 12:35

It's like Open Chat but only Tomb Raider Related stuff

Since we went off topic in the Rise of the Tomb Raider section, this thread was created

Blonde Lara FTW :jmp:

Admles 16-11-14 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaGamer (Post 7217632)
Would you mind clarifying what we have to do here again? I'm sorta confused. :ponder: Is it basically a place where we just give our opinions and talk about Tomb Raider stuff?

Think of it as the place to discuss all thing TR-related that don't have a dedicated thread, or aren't really a thread-worthy topic. :)

sackboy123 16-11-14 12:43

I'll get the Thread kicking

http://i.imgur.com/7uyAPOM.png

http://i.imgur.com/2cQdM10.png

http://i.imgur.com/mrE1wEC.png

I've been recently playing TR5 again and I forgot how fun it can be :)

Moved my Statistics here :)

peeves 16-11-14 13:34

So i just beat TR5 with all the secrets no medi packs used and no deaths/reloads so i now completed TR's 1, 2, 5, and 6 with all secrets (all valuable items in TR6) no medi packs and no deaths/reloads.

lord gaga 16-11-14 13:34

So this is basically for random thoughts.

I was just thinking about how cool it would have been if the lara croft series had a level in the mansion. It would be interesting.

Trenton 16-11-14 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 7217704)
This was what I wanted to do with my thread until it was forced to only discuss TR10 related stuff

Sigh

I see. But you realise it makes absolutely no sense to discuss AoD modding stuff in a thread titled Rise of the Tomb Raider General Chat right? ;)

PirateFromPeru 16-11-14 14:48

i started replaying all my TR games a few months back. i had the intentions of playing all of them. i played the first three but then i made the mistake of starting another game on Skyrim. TR marathon is still currently on hold.

TR5 is probably the one i haven't played in a very long time. it was also my least favorite of the first 5 on playstation but it's obviously still a good game.

Seth94 16-11-14 14:49

It's nice to have a General Tomb Raider thread, finally. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 7217630)
I'll start off with saying AOD was my 1st Tomb Raider game and will always be my favourite :jmp:

:tmb:

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 14:49

TR3 was my first Tomb Raider... I remember playing it with my cousins and sister. Winston used to scare the **** out of me. :vlol:

Trenton 16-11-14 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by PirateFromPeru (Post 7217718)
i started replaying all my TR games a few months back. i had the intentions of playing all of them. i played the first three but then i made the mistake of starting another game on Skyrim. TR marathon is still currently on hold.

I see where you're coming from. Skyrim is the crystal meth of gaming! :vlol:
I'm currently replaying the LAU trilogy (just beat Kazakhstan), but at the same time I'm considering starting a new game on Skyrim. I just know it's gonna ruin my plans to replay LAU! :D

PirateFromPeru 16-11-14 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7217723)
I see where you're coming from. Skyrim is the crystal meth of gaming! :vlol:
I'm currently replaying the LAU trilogy (just beat Kazakhstan), but at the same time I'm considering starting a new game on Skyrim. I just know it's gonna ruin my plans to replay LAU! :D

very true. i started to replay my TR games because i was too addicted to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and needed to break away from it. then Skyrim just made it worse. i've since then been burnt out on Skyrim but i haven't made the effort to go back and spend time with lara. it will happen eventually since i'm always excited to replay TR4.

Tonyrobinson 16-11-14 15:04

Crystal are doing a good amount of TBTs on Twitter with the Core games, I didn't think they would acknowledge that era of the lineage, it's awesome though nice to see the originals still recognised.

larafan25 16-11-14 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 7217728)
Crystal are doing a good amount of TBTs on Twitter with the Core games, I didn't think they would acknowledge that era of the lineage, it's awesome though nice to see the originals still recognised.

I think it's Meagan, which would make sense. Cuz she a fan.

MegaGamer 16-11-14 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admles (Post 7217639)
Think of it as the place to discuss all thing TR-related that don't have a dedicated thread, or aren't really a thread-worthy topic. :)

Oh I see! :D

My story of how I discovered TR:

My sister first bought it when I was little. One day, my curious self brought me towards this game. I was like, 7, and I noticed how it was "T" rating, but I didn't care. :p So I started playing it, and it really attracted my attention. I found it really enjoyable. Like, I was really hooked. Probably the best thing I played that day. A couple years later, I was on youtube, and I was searching a walkthrough for TR, cause I was stuck. I then noticed suggestions like, "TR2" or "TR3" and I was like, "there's more? :eek:" That really caught my attention. I had to get those games. So I bragged to my parents to buy me those games, but they were like, "no" Although they made me a deal. If I got good grades in school, they would buy me a new TR game. That's when I got TR2 and TR3. It was a really fun playthrough. TR4 was a bit more of a challenge to achieve. Lots of time later, I lost a tooth, and I still believed in the "tooth fairy" :o So my Dad put something under my pillow. It was about 5 in the morning when I woke up. I felt under my pillow, and I noticed how it didn't feel like money. I took it out, and there was TR4. I was shocked. I didn't care that it was 5 in the morning, I immediately put the disk in the PS1 and started playing. After I beat it, it was around my birthday. When my birthday came, my parents gave me one suspicious looking present. I opened it, and then, TR5 came into my life. I grab the game, dash up to my room, and start playing it immediately. I really enjoyed that game, and Gallow's Tree really creeped me out. :D And then, there was AoD. :/ I wasn't such a fan of many things in this game, and I have mentioned like, 16 reasons why I didn't enjoy it. :/ I haven't really touched it ever since. TR Legend really brought my TR spirit back, as I really enjoyed it. Then Anniversary, which I did find kinda fun, but wasn't a fan of the "remake" concept. Underworld was amazing. I loved it. I also started playing lots of custom levels around this time too! :jmp: Then back in July, I got the new TR 2013. I'm enjoying it, but it's not exactly on the TR aspect imo. Probably won't get ROTTR after hearing it being Xbox exclusive, and I don't have an Xbox, and I find it weird about buying an Xbox just for one game. I still haven't completed TR 2013, I actually haven't touched it in a while, so I should go back to playing it soon. :o I know my TR journey is still continuing, and it won't stop for ages. I look forward to the next part of my TR adventure.

sackboy123 16-11-14 16:49

Matt is livestreaming TR2 No meds and No saves

His on Opera House right now

http://www.twitch.tv/badassgamez

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 7217762)
Matt is livestreaming TR2 No meds and No saves

His on Opera House right now

http://www.twitch.tv/badassgamez

OMG thanks for this. I LOVE his no meds no saves live stream attempts. <3

tomee 16-11-14 19:41

He exploded in Tibet lel :o

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 7217819)
He exploded in Tibet lel :o

Ugh my heart broke.

The Deck was intense omfg.

sackboy123 16-11-14 19:48

I predicted his death again :hea:

I should keep my mouth shut next time :o

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 7217824)
I predicted his death again :hea:

I should keep my mouth shut next time :o

LMAO you damn troll!!! I kept seeing your ''die, die, die'' messages. :vlol:

sackboy123 16-11-14 19:50

No I didn't stop lying XD

The Deck was so Intense

tomee 16-11-14 20:01

You know it was really intense when he capitalises the word "intense" :ton:

ThuroPendragon 16-11-14 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaGamer (Post 7217738)
snipity snip

Love your attitude :tmb:. All the Tomb Raiders were good in their own way.

Gaelen 16-11-14 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaGamer (Post 7217738)
I know my TR journey is still continuing, and it won't stop for ages. I look forward to the next part of my TR adventure.

I'm the exact opposite, I know my TR journey ended back in 2008. I'm almost cynical about the new games, in the sense that they aren't true to the games that have gone before.

I don't care about Lara in her early years, Crystal! I seen those early years over 10 years ago, and watched her evolve over time, now give me some bloomin' tombs, yeah?

Patrick star 16-11-14 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaelen (Post 7217857)
I'm the exact opposite, I know my TR journey ended back in 2008

at least go play some TRLE levels\games .

Gaelen 16-11-14 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7217859)

I've got a Mac, and i'm not overly fussed (as in, have other/better things to do) to go through the nonsense of getting Windows and setting it up, just so I can play TRLE. I do enjoy watching badassgamez play through the odd one when i'm sitting in bed dozing off, but I doubt i'd enjoy it personally playing through it. At the end of the day, they aren't authentic. I suppose you can't knock it if you haven't tried it, though.

Trenton 16-11-14 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7217859)

You can't compare custom levels to the real deal though. :ohn:

Patrick star 16-11-14 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trenton (Post 7217875)

hay , go play TR :redemption , Jade empire , mists of Avalon , chosen , beyond the scion and many others (just to name a few) and then come back and say something like that :ohn:
I can say it in the loudest voice , there are some custom games\levels I played that tops anything Core or Crystal alike ever made and are ten times better ...

Gaelen 16-11-14 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7217879)
hay , go play TR :redemption , Jade empire , mists of Avalon , chosen , beyond the scion and many others (just to name a few) and then come back and say something like that :ohn:
I can say it in the loudest voice , there are some custom games\levels I played that tops anything Core or Crystal alike ever made and are ten times better ...

Perhaps on level design, but I like the full package.

Patrick star 16-11-14 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaelen (Post 7217882)
Perhaps on level design, but I like the full package.

no not just on level design , literally everything , even in terms of stories .

Gaelen 16-11-14 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7217886)
no not just on level design , literally everything , even in terms of stories .

Hmm, could you possibly give me some examples? You've got me intrigued. My favourites are Angel of Darkness and TR3 when it comes to stories.

sackboy123 16-11-14 21:55

Quote:

You can if Custom levels are better then the actual games like Himalayan Mysteries , Mists of Avalon, Coyote Creek 1 and 2

All of these are just amazing

Seth94 16-11-14 21:58

Quote:

I agree. There are some excellent custom games out there but nothing can be better than the actual games themselves, however good they are.

sackboy123 16-11-14 22:00

What if we said

Search for the Golden Mask is better then Golden Mask :pi:

Patrick star 16-11-14 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaelen (Post 7217890)
Hmm, could you possibly give me some examples? You've got me intrigued. My favourites are Angel of Darkness and TR3 when it comes to stories.

you've got Mists of Avalon , Hymalaian mysteries , TR redemption , beyond the scion , the wheels of Kathar , Dracula's return , the chamber, and many more that I can't really remember now (I played over 80 custom levels\games)
I'll give you some links if you like :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 7217897)
You can if Custom levels are better then the actual games like Himalayan Mysteries , Mists of Avalon, Coyote Creek 1 and 2

All of these are just amazing

I can't believe I'm saying this : I Agree .

sackboy123 16-11-14 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaelen (Post 7217890)

If you liked AOD, you will defiantly like this level

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2798

Gaelen 16-11-14 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by sackboy123 (Post 7217900)
What if we said

Search for the Golden Mask is better then Golden Mask :pi:

Okay, excluding the rare PC exclusives :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 7217901)
you've got Mists of Avalon , Hymalaian mysteries , TR redemption , beyond the scion , the wheels of Kathat , Dracula's return , the chamber, and many more that I can't really remember now (I played over 80 custom levels\games)
I'll give you some links if you like :)

Yes please!

@Sackboy: That looks interesting. Definitely playing on the gothic aspect of AoD.