Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Yeauxleaux 03-08-18 16:39

I think the other times though, Lara really does kill when she has to. It's not so bad when she's up against a hostile mafia cult or hired assassins or in a "kill or be killed" kind of situation, since she's only offing people who are kind of ****ty people to begin with. It's not really the same as her going out of her way to break into military bases and museums to gun down innocent guards who are just doing their jobs. That's the difference to me.

I feel like AoD handled it better in the Louvre levels, when you had the stun guns.

Daft Raider 03-08-18 17:01

[QUOTE=Vaskito;7941592]I agree, and I actually back a lenghy post about her sometime ago :)

Also, I've seen this on Twitter today, and I think it's a perfect description. Especially for those who are always complaining about her "becoming the Tomb Raider"

[IMG]https://s22.postimg.cc/df1uc5c0h/Lara.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
It’s a nice edit, but putting a fancy filter and some text over Laura doesn’t make it true. It’s still “Bland - Still Bland - and propably, Bland But With Bigger Arms”
[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7941611]You have Lara killing innocent people, setting off missiles, killing a tribe of London Underground-dwellers only to then randomly ally with their leader, massacring a tribe described as "Polynesians" who look more like Melanesians. It was just all over the place, it was so sloppy and not well thought out.

I love a morally grey antihero Lara who is a bit of a selfish asshole, but there's a difference between that and just being an unrepentent psychopath.[/QUOTE]

Lara was pretty wild in TR3. She wasn’t completely horrible thought, she showed [I]some[/I] compassion to that man in the hut in the South Pacific levels. :o

I know a lot of people didn’t like the ending cutscene, where she shot the helicopter pilot, “he was innocent!!! He had a family!!! )))):” but idk, I liked it. It reminded me of that unused fmv from TR1 where she does something a little bit similar. A Lara that’s a little bat **** is my kind of Lara. :p

Vaskito 03-08-18 17:03

[QUOTE=Daft Raider;7941646]Laura [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, who?

[B]Mod edit: oversized gif removed. [/B]

Yeauxleaux 03-08-18 17:22

[QUOTE=Daft Raider;7941646]It’s a nice edit, but putting a fancy filter and some text over Laura doesn’t make it true. It’s still “Bland - Still Bland - and propably, Bland But With Bigger Arms”[/QUOTE]I'll wait and see, but I do kind of expect this.

[QUOTE]I know a lot of people didn’t like the ending cutscene, where she shot the helicopter pilot, “he was innocent!!! He had a family!!! )))):” but idk, I liked it. It reminded me of that unused fmv from TR1 where she does something a little bit similar. A Lara that’s a little bat **** is my kind of Lara. :p[/QUOTE]Strangely enough that was one bit I didn't mind. I just chalked it up to the man being one of Willard's hitmen and could dismiss it with that. Most of my issues are in the middle 3 levels.

biscuits 03-08-18 17:46

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7941693]I'll wait and see, but I do kind of expect this.[/QUOTE]

Low expectations are good. Keep your hopes high but your expectations low. I live by that.

2001LC20 03-08-18 17:51

Bigger arms make the other LCs ashamed tbh! :ton:

WWETombRaider 03-08-18 17:55

I agree. TR3 Lara kinda soured me a bit. I just don't think gunning down security guards in a museum or wiping out indigenous tribes off the map is what Lara would do. While I love Lara not being cut and dry in her morality that was a bit much.

OrangeFr3ak 03-08-18 17:59

[QUOTE=plastiboi;7941379]that reminds me, if she DOES actually go diving - she’ll have to take her rebreather with her, right? Because in Rise i felt like it was just a teensy bit of a let down that she didn’t do major deep sea diving, and it would’ve been useful for Lara in this adventure; maybe they forgot? maybe they didn’t want to make underwater exploration any easier?
who knows[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CrowdedToaster;7941396]She won't be using a rebreather this time around. But it seems there is deeper diving this time. Though I don't think it will be to the extent of Underworld's diving[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AntRaidsTombs;7941399]Yeah, I believe the rebreather is gone. Since they said there is a skillfor you to upgrade her breath underwater[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Heartache;7941401]the rebreather made no sense anyway and underwater gameplay was nonexistent to begin with. i hope they turned water gameplay completely around[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AntRaidsTombs;7941402]I mean it is a game after all, half the stuff done in video games don’t make sense. They said you can fully explore underwater and there are tomb and crypt entrances located underwater also. So you really have to explore[/QUOTE]

Having scuba gear would be more realistic, since scuba divers still explore the cenotes in real life anyway. If there won’t be a rebreather or scuba gear then maybe at least two wetsuit outfits could compensate this, for example one would let Lara swim faster and the other would allow her to remain underwater longer.

AntRaidsTombs 03-08-18 18:33

[QUOTE=OrangeFr3ak;7941730]Having scuba gear would be more realistic, since scuba divers still explore the cenotes in real life anyway. If there won’t be a rebreather or scuba gear then maybe at least two wetsuit outfits could compensate this, for example one would let Lara swim faster and the other would allow her to remain underwater longer.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure Lara going to a jungle would not just up and think to say “Oh, let me bring along scuba gear.” Where would she keep it? On her back with everything else? lol Imagine her having scuba gear running around the entire time. She’s in a jungle, I understood if it was a area with a big ocean but for a jungle area, no.

AntRaidsTombs 03-08-18 20:25

This is neat [URL="https://twitter.com/eidosmontreal/status/1025136678988595201?s=21"]https://twitter.com/eidosmontreal/status/1025136678988595201?s=21[/URL]