www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Vaskito 04-04-18 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 7850188)
Steven Spielberg said that the next Indiana Jones could be a women called Indiana Joan.
http://fal.cn/4Wmr

So for those that want the game to be rebooted again after Shadow, be careful, you may get Larry Croft :D

That if CD decides to follow Spielberg idea and change the sexuality of Lara.:D

OMG, don't even joke. What a blasphemy! Slap your mouth three times!

Costel 04-04-18 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7850193)
The whole Indiana Joan thing is really redundant though :vlol:. Does Spielberg not realize Jones is a surname?

And yeah, we have Lara Croft for a female Indiana. They just need to make a sequel to the current film :pi:.

You think he would know. He directed all 4 movies.

johnanonymouz 04-04-18 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costel (Post 7850188)
So for those that want the game to be rebooted again after Shadow, be careful, you may get Larry Croft :D

The only thing that would bring the whole fandom together would be this, hating on Larry Croft :p

Grimaldi 04-04-18 18:17

Does anyone else have those obvious realisations that there’s a near complete Shadow out there being tested and played? Soon. :admles:

FanosCroft 04-04-18 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimaldi (Post 7850214)
Does anyone else have those obvious realisations that there’s a near complete Shadow out there being tested and played? Soon. :admles:

Yeah OMG the game should be 98% complete by now or even 100% and it's just being polished and tested. It will go gold by June or July. OMG I can't wait :jmp:

CrowdedToaster 04-04-18 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleliddell22 (Post 7849750)
In all honesty, I don't think the white ledges are going anywhere, mainly because naturally highlighting interactable objects in the game world is a practice wildly used in the industry. It's also taught in most game design classes. I think they could find a more subtle way to highlight what can and can't be integrated with, but having no indication at all is just bad level design.

I agree that it is very likely that the white ledges will not be removed. However, there are a lot of ways they can feature such a visual clue in a very subtle and seamless way. For example, degradation of rocks, certain textures being designated as climbable. The past two games have had pocked wall surfaces as an indication that Lara can scale the surface using her axes, so why not do something like that with the white ledges?

I also know that in other games, like Monster Hunter World especially, climbable surfaces are indicated through specific foliage or rock formations with no contrasted colouring.

AntRaidsTombs 04-04-18 19:13

I wish they'd come up with something to at least make the white ledges more subtle. In Rise they weren't that bad, but when they added all the other colors (red, yellow) all the extra glowing stuff. It made it a tad bit much

WWETombRaider 04-04-18 19:34

I feel like every ledge should be interactive. TReboot was the worst offender when it came to white ledges though. Straight up eye sore. If they don't get rid of them, at least blend them into the environment.

johnanonymouz 04-04-18 21:39

Back when I was 10, my first video games ever were a bundle of Tomb Raider III and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for PS1 and I was very young back then and tried all the classics and I was in love but it's been so so so many years and I used cheats on most of them (sorry :p). Now with the release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to go back and play them from 1-5.....maybe even Angel of Darkness. I've been playing Tomb Raider and Rise soooo much that I need a break from them but not from Miss Croft. Now, I'm 24 and a fully realized gamer and I don't really remember them which is almost like playing sth new! I don't remember puzzles, enemies etc, I mostly know their stories and locations. I think it can be an experience before Shadow gets released. I'll also try to buy the expansions for the first three games digitally.

Ellioft 04-04-18 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7850195)
OMG, don't even joke. What a blasphemy! Slap your mouth three times!

Imagine if it's the way Spielberg to say he want to direct Tomb Raider II :cln:
But that's not gonna happen :(