www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Jamise_Croft 18-03-18 16:56

I found this on a Spanish game shop, they have SOTTR for pre-order and it have a description (I used the Google translate :) :

Live the crucial moment in which Lara Croft will become the heroine of Tomb Raider.

In Tomb Raider, Lara begins as a young and inexperienced woman who is forged like a Survivor. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara embarks on her first expedition and discovers an ancient prophecy while discovering her destiny. Now, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the epic finale of Lara's origin story. Driven by her obsession to stop the Trinity, she will face an election that will define her for life and turn her into the Tomb Raider that she must be.

Characteristics:

Lara mimics the jungle:
- New ways to fight.
- Behaving like a predator.
- Using the foliage and the environment to hide.
- Take advantage over your enemies attacking from the height.

Survival underwater:
- New roads to explore.
- Claustrophobic spaces.
- Natural enemies: piranhas & lack of oxygen.

Woman dominates nature:
- New ways to survive
- Use of the environment against enemies.
- Use the fear of your enemies to make them more vulnerable.

AimlessThunder 18-03-18 17:07

Basically we will get back underwater swimming, the stealth kills and hallucinogenic gas arrows from Rise and the piranhas from TR3. Count me in! Thanks for the info.

Chamayoo 18-03-18 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft (Post 7838084)
I found this on a Spanish game shop, they have SOTTR for pre-order and it have a description (I used the Google translate :) :

Live the crucial moment in which Lara Croft will become the heroine of Tomb Raider.

In Tomb Raider, Lara begins as a young and inexperienced woman who is forged like a Survivor. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara embarks on her first expedition and discovers an ancient prophecy while discovering her destiny. Now, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the epic finale of Lara's origin story. Driven by her obsession to stop the Trinity, she will face an election that will define her for life and turn her into the Tomb Raider that she must be.

Characteristics:

Lara mimics the jungle:
- New ways to fight.
- Behaving like a predator.
- Using the foliage and the environment to hide.
- Take advantage over your enemies attacking from the height.

Survival underwater:
- New roads to explore.
- Claustrophobic spaces.
- Natural enemies: piranhas & lack of oxygen.

Woman dominates nature:
- New ways to survive
- Use of the environment against enemies.
- Use the fear of your enemies to make them more vulnerable.

Thanks ! We share the same article at almost the same time. Oops :p
However I though Game Espaņa was a Spanish Magazine. Thanks for your clarification !

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 17:55

Am I the only one here that absolutely loves the new Lara and what they're doing her but I'd also die if I ever see her pick up duals and have a braid or sth? I mean.......I won't be mad if they don't go that direction cause I always embraced changes but I'd get so emotional if they did go that way (even when i don't necessarily agree with it). Do I make any sense?

Jamise_Croft 18-03-18 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 7838103)
Thanks ! We share the same article at almost the same time. Oops :p
However I though Game Espaņa was a Spanish Magazine. Thanks for your clarification !

no problem ;) :p

Athukraz 18-03-18 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7838159)
am i the only one here that absolutely loves the new lara and what they're doing her but i'd also die if i ever see her pick up duals and have a braid or sth? I mean.......i won't be mad if they don't go that direction cause i always embraced changes but i'd get so emotional if they did go that way (even when i don't necessarily agree with it). Do i make any sense?

s a m e !

jajay119 18-03-18 18:03

Driven by her obsession to stop Trinity :hea::facepalm:
Also of these new features were present in RISE. The only new things seem to be better swimming segments and using fear agains enemies. Seems like Lara has gone past Rambo and into Preditor region. I want to hear about some platfomring stuff being innovative enough to stick it on the sales promo.

NoahCrofRaider 18-03-18 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7838159)
am i the only one here that absolutely loves the new lara and what they're doing her but i'd also die if i ever see her pick up duals and have a braid or sth? I mean.......i won't be mad if they don't go that direction cause i always embraced changes but i'd get so emotional if they did go that way (even when i don't necessarily agree with it). Do i make any sense?

same!!!

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 7838166)
s a m e !

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 7838170)
same!!!

Glad I'm not the only one!

GRiannisRaider 18-03-18 18:55

I like reboot Lara too :D ! But sometimes I just miss Lara From The Legend, anniversary and core (Not Underworld Lara) Era I'd really like Lara to have more confidence but that's all