www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Melonie Tomb Raider 07-06-18 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadadas (Post 7895155)
A human sacrifice to stop a Mayan apocalypse couldn't be any random person. In order for any sacrificial ritual to be performed successfully, the sacrificial victim must also meet some specific requirements from the ritual.

Right, and perhaps Jonah and this kid both meet the requirement, and Jonah sacrifices himself?

Samz 07-06-18 20:44

Only really in the blatantly unfinished Endurance mode, outside of that its the exact same as 2013, Just having all the weapon upgrades be mostly improvised modifications to guns and that was really it.

TrustyBow 07-06-18 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 7895203)
Only really in the blatantly unfinished Endurance mode, outside of that its the exact same as 2013, Just having all the weapon upgrades be mostly improvised modifications to guns and that was really it.

Even in the main story for Rise, you come across many different animals like wolves and bears while exploring. Not to mention the enviroment plays a big part in some of the hubs.

biscuits 07-06-18 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider (Post 7895202)
Right, and perhaps Jonah and this kid both meet the requirement, and Jonah sacrifices himself?

Victims of the ritual aren't just random people they pick off the street. Most of the time, priests strictly chose war prisoners or leaders of opposing factions.

Child sacrifices did occur though. But it wasn't done to appease the Mayan gods.

2001LC20 07-06-18 21:11

Are you guys talking about spoilers? Should i get out immediately? I don't wanna be spoiled

Melonie Tomb Raider 07-06-18 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7895212)
Victims of the ritual aren't just random people they pick off the street. Most of the time, priests strictly chose war prisoners or leaders of opposing factions.

Child sacrifices did occur though. But it wasn't done to appease the Mayan gods.

Maybe they are of a specific bloodline or something? I don't know, my speculations could be way off :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7895214)
Are you guys talking about spoilers? Should i get out immediately? I don't wanna be spoiled

These are just fan theories, no spoilers xD

biscuits 07-06-18 21:24

I hope the dark moment that Lara experiences doesn't involve Jonah. For once, I'd like Lara to have a friend that doesn't get killed off.

Has anyone else noticed how much attention the devs are providing for Jonah tho? They're really setting him up to be an important character this time around.

dadadas 07-06-18 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 7895172)
Well due to the whole "Defender" rubbish they said, I seriously doubt Lara's gonna be morally grey, its probably just gonna be she has to sacrifice Jonah or someone else, which I do NOT consider morally grey since its to save the world, wouldn't be the first time the reboot's chickened out of the entire premise of the game. (2013 not being a game about survival and Rise not really being about Lara becoming the Tomb Raider"

Its the last game of the trilogy, they don't need to play it safe anymore. The idea of Lara being a morally grey character was already hinted in her therapy sessions recordings. Its a common trope in gaming that the last episode of any season / last game of any trilogy would have the best (or at least most intense) story.

2001LC20 07-06-18 21:27

^^^Sorrry! I am sensitive about these
Btw i don't want Lara to be the protector of the world, i don't want her to be a member of Avenger, i don't want her to be the last alive member of the Tomb Raider Creed

That was what i saw only but i don't even want to think about that lol

dadadas 07-06-18 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7895225)
I hope the dark moment that Lara experiences doesn't involve Jonah. For once, I'd like Lara to have a friend that doesn't get killed off.

Has anyone else noticed how much attention the devs are providing for Jonah tho? They're really setting him up to be an important character this time around.

There are gonna be two emotionally impactful moments for Lara in this game. I can not see that these "two sets of tears" are all gonna be tears of joy.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.