Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   General Tomb Raider Discussion (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=207878)

Seth94 16-11-14 15:49

It's nice to have a General Tomb Raider thread, finally. :D

[QUOTE=sackboy123;7217630]I'll start off with saying AOD was my 1st Tomb Raider game and will always be my favourite :jmp:[/QUOTE]

:tmb:

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 15:49

TR3 was my first Tomb Raider... I remember playing it with my cousins and sister. Winston used to scare the **** out of me. :vlol:

Trenton 16-11-14 15:59

[QUOTE=PirateFromPeru;7217718]i started replaying all my TR games a few months back. i had the intentions of playing all of them. i played the first three but [B]then i made the mistake of starting another game on Skyrim[/B]. TR marathon is still currently on hold.[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from. [I]Skyrim[/I] is the crystal meth of gaming! :vlol:
I'm currently replaying the LAU trilogy (just beat Kazakhstan), but at the same time I'm considering starting a new game on Skyrim. I just know it's gonna ruin my plans to replay LAU! :D

PirateFromPeru 16-11-14 16:02

[QUOTE=Trenton;7217723]I see where you're coming from. [I]Skyrim[/I] is the crystal meth of gaming! :vlol:
I'm currently replaying the LAU trilogy (just beat Kazakhstan), but at the same time I'm considering starting a new game on Skyrim. I just know it's gonna ruin my plans to replay LAU! :D[/QUOTE]

very true. i started to replay my TR games because i was too addicted to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and needed to break away from it. then Skyrim just made it worse. i've since then been burnt out on Skyrim but i haven't made the effort to go back and spend time with lara. it will happen eventually since i'm always excited to replay TR4.

Tonyrobinson 16-11-14 16:04

Crystal are doing a good amount of TBTs on Twitter with the Core games, I didn't think they would acknowledge that era of the lineage, it's awesome though nice to see the originals still recognised.

larafan25 16-11-14 16:07

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;7217728]Crystal are doing a good amount of TBTs on Twitter with the Core games, I didn't think they would acknowledge that era of the lineage, it's awesome though nice to see the originals still recognised.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Meagan, which would make sense. Cuz she a fan.

MegaGamer 16-11-14 16:39

[QUOTE=Admles;7217639][B]Think of it as the place to discuss all thing TR-related that don't have a dedicated thread, or aren't really a thread-worthy topic. :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh I see! :D

My story of how I discovered TR:

My sister first bought it when I was little. One day, my curious self brought me towards this game. I was like, 7, and I noticed how it was "T" rating, but I didn't care. :p So I started playing it, and it really attracted my attention. I found it really enjoyable. Like, I was really hooked. Probably the best thing I played that day. A couple years later, I was on youtube, and I was searching a walkthrough for TR, cause I was stuck. I then noticed suggestions like, "TR2" or "TR3" and I was like, "there's more? :eek:" That really caught my attention. I had to get those games. So I bragged to my parents to buy me those games, but they were like, "no" Although they made me a deal. If I got good grades in school, they would buy me a new TR game. That's when I got TR2 and TR3. It was a really fun playthrough. TR4 was a bit more of a challenge to achieve. Lots of time later, I lost a tooth, and I still believed in the "tooth fairy" :o So my Dad put something under my pillow. It was about 5 in the morning when I woke up. I felt under my pillow, and I noticed how it didn't feel like money. I took it out, and there was TR4. I was shocked. I didn't care that it was 5 in the morning, I immediately put the disk in the PS1 and started playing. After I beat it, it was around my birthday. When my birthday came, my parents gave me one suspicious looking present. I opened it, and then, TR5 came into my life. I grab the game, dash up to my room, and start playing it immediately. I really enjoyed that game, and Gallow's Tree really creeped me out. :D And then, there was AoD. :/ I wasn't such a fan of many things in this game, and I have mentioned like, 16 reasons why I didn't enjoy it. :/ I haven't really touched it ever since. TR Legend really brought my TR spirit back, as I really enjoyed it. Then Anniversary, which I did find kinda fun, but wasn't a fan of the "remake" concept. Underworld was amazing. I loved it. I also started playing lots of custom levels around this time too! :jmp: Then back in July, I got the new TR 2013. I'm enjoying it, but it's not exactly on the TR aspect imo. Probably won't get ROTTR after hearing it being Xbox exclusive, and I don't have an Xbox, and I find it weird about buying an Xbox just for one game. I still haven't completed TR 2013, I actually haven't touched it in a while, so I should go back to playing it soon. :o I know my TR journey is still continuing, and it won't stop for ages. I look forward to the next part of my TR adventure.

sackboy123 16-11-14 17:49

Matt is livestreaming TR2 No meds and No saves

His on Opera House right now

[url]http://www.twitch.tv/badassgamez[/url]

xLara_Nathanx 16-11-14 17:55

[QUOTE=sackboy123;7217762]Matt is livestreaming TR2 No meds and No saves

His on Opera House right now

[url]http://www.twitch.tv/badassgamez[/url][/QUOTE]

OMG thanks for this. I LOVE his no meds no saves live stream attempts. <3

tomee 16-11-14 20:41

He exploded in Tibet lel :o