www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   PLAYSTATION 4 - Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=196914)

b0bb13 21-02-13 18:41

http://i.imgur.com/5hTNb0f.png

*loud-ass clapping*

Rhubarb rhubarb peas & carrots rhubarb

Samsdad 21-02-13 18:48

Another question to the geeks in our group. I have heard that GDDR5 RAM is relatively expensive. How much are 8 going to jack the price up?

Larua croft 21-02-13 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samsdad (Post 6662374)
So we have a console launch with no console.

They need to save something for E3. Be patient Nintendo did the same thing with the Wii U.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samsdad (Post 6662438)
Another question to the geeks in our group. I have heard that GDDR5 RAM is relatively expensive. How much are 8 going to jack the price up?

It shouldn't jack up the price by much. Even low end graphic cards have GDDR5 RAM.

Lara Croft! 21-02-13 18:56

I just saw all the news. I doubt I'll buy one. Firstly, although I like the new controller and the touch part looks interesting, why did they include a SHARE button for? Is Sony to assume that 100% of gamers have a FB account? I guess that there may be gamers that will create and account only so as not to feel that the button is useless. Secondly being so reliant on an Internet connection will be problematic for a lot of people. I know that I would curse many demons if I were relying on the connection I get where I live. Generally I was not impressed. I believe that 2 and especially 3 were far more innovative. I owned PS1, I skipped 2 and I have 3. Seems I should skip 4 now.

b0bb13 21-02-13 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larua croft (Post 6662449)
It shouldn't jack up the price by much. Even low end graphic cards have GDDR5 RAM.

The 8GB GDDR5 RAM is not graphic it's like the DDR3 RAM, but GDDR5... I don't know how to explain this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara Croft! (Post 6662461)
I just saw all the news. I doubt I'll buy one. Firstly, although I like the new controller and the touch part looks interesting, why did they include a SHARE button for? Is Sony to assume that 100% of gamers have a FB account? I guess that there may be gamers that will create and account only so as not to feel that the button is useless. Secondly being so reliant on an Internet connection will be problematic for a lot of people. I know that I would curse many demons if I were relying on the connection I get where I live. Generally I was not impressed. I believe that 2 and especially 3 were far more innovative. I owned PS1, I skipped 2 and I have 3. Seems I should skip 4 now.

Fine, have fun with your non-screenshot taking/video recording consoles then. Also, you do realise that the share button doesn't only mean Facebook, right? They said that you don't need an internet connection to play games on it. How were the PS2/3 innovative? They just offered better graphics... it's about the games, not the console.

Lara Croft! 21-02-13 19:12

PS2 was mostly about the graphics, but PS3 had the Blu-Ray, PS Move & Eye and much more.

b0bb13 21-02-13 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara Croft! (Post 6662509)
PS2 was mostly about the graphics, but PS3 had the Blu-Ray, PS Move & Eye and much more.

PS3 had the Blu-Ray like PS2 had the DVD. PS2 also had the Eye. Move was just a 3D Wiimote ripoff. :c

TRfan23 21-02-13 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bb13 (Post 6662484)
The 8GB GDDR5 RAM is not graphic it's like the DDR3 RAM, but GDDR5... I don't know how to explain this.

Which confuses me because I was always in the notion that GDDR5 meant - Graphics Double Data Rate, version 5.

It seems as though they're using Graphics RAM as the System Ram.

They're using an AMD APU (Accelerating Processing Unit).
APU = CPU & GPU on the same Die.

So the RAM will be Graphics RAM, instead of typical DDR3 SDRAM but will not be in the GPU itself but on the Mobo.

I think I've cracked it here lol :pi:

larson n natla 21-02-13 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah (Post 6662326)
yes

Thanks. :tmb:

Lenochka 21-02-13 19:54

Ah! So excited to for a new era in PS land to begin :D
I wonder how expensive it will be.