www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Software Development (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   New technique (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208076)

A_De 05-12-14 13:56

OMG! Can't wait to try this new method, i have so many objects to convert to wad. But i never used blender before, hope it's not too hard to understand :D

matrix54 05-12-14 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by teme9 (Post 7228508)
Don't go too nuts! :p

There is indeed a lot things that is possible with baking but I wouldn't recommend using it too much - too many textureinfos :o

Believe me, I have no plans on attempting anything like that. I'm just thinking of all the possibilities. :p

Xopax 05-12-14 14:05

Sorry, but it's possible to use 3DS Max instead of Blender in this new technique? :o

teme9 05-12-14 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_De (Post 7228509)
OMG! Can't wait to try this new method, i have so many objects to convert to wad. But i never used blender before, hope it's not too hard to understand :D

It's not that hard. The tutorials will have most of the things needed covered. Only importing stuff might have some differences depending object and format etc. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix54 (Post 7228510)
Believe me, I have no plans on attempting anything like that. I'm just thinking of all the possibilities. :p

:p :vlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xopax (Post 7228514)
Sorry, but it's possible to use 3DS Max instead of Blender in this new technique? :o

Technically yes, but the scripts that make it work are tied into Blender. The texture converting (baking) part should be possible in 3ds Max but I have no earlier experience on baking textures in 3ds max so I can't shed light on that part much. The part that needs to be done in Blender isn't that long or too complicated for this method!

Krystian 05-12-14 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_De (Post 7228509)

Well, the learning curve is a bit different than with other 3d programs like 3ds Max, but it's not really hard. Once you get used to the interface, it gets really simple. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xopax (Post 7228514)

Blender is free, so all it will take is learning how to use the program (which, as i've said above, isn't hard :) ).

SrDanielPonces 05-12-14 18:21

OH-MY-GOD

This made my day! :jmp:

I hope as well that sapper can make it work on 3ds max. o:

Lakota 05-12-14 18:23

Christmas before time, well done both of you.:jmp:

Raider99 05-12-14 18:38

This sounds amazing! :tmb:
Great job, both of you! :hug: Just imagine what you can do with this, it would be MUCH MUCH easier to make objects.

teme9 05-12-14 19:29

I'm glad that people are so happy :D

And really most of the credits goes for Sapper - he made it possible :tmb:

THOR2010 05-12-14 19:43

im betting much easier to texture outfits as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by teme9 (Post 7228486)
Generating the textures for each polygon will cause huge amount of textures so while modelling every single polygon you create needs to be thought out - optimizing is important now more than ever! The less the better ;)

too bad theres no way to drastically increase the text info limit