Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New patch, texture modding tool and mod manager for TR II (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208815)

Peixoto 22-01-15 03:57

Peixoto's Tomb Raider II patch

Let me present to you a new patch i created for Tomb raider II

This patch supports Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider II Gold and allows\adds...

- Real widescreen with the right aspect ratio and field of view (and optionally the aspect ratio of the PSX version)

- Full support for Xinput controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One and similar controllers) with working triggers\dpad

- Easily management of mods\reskins with no need to copy and paste files all the time or overwrite the game's files

- A new and very simple method to modify the game's textures that allows 32 bit textures in any resolution supported by the video card

- Deinterlaced FMVs

- An option to show the inventory as an overlay over the paused game screen (similar to the other games)

- Remastered FMVs

Download and ask questions here:
[url]http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=53121[/url]

TRJTA 22-01-15 07:00

Wow awesome, gonna try it out today. Does i't work with te 3-5 too?

I can't get it to work, it dumps the textures nicely, but when i put a changed dump01.dds file into the Replacements folder, nothing happens ingame.
Can you please describe step by step how to make it work?

Peixoto 22-01-15 12:29

[QUOTE=TRJTA;7265126]Wow awesome, gonna try it out today. Does i't work with te 3-5 too?

I can't get it to work, it dumps the textures nicely, but when i put a changed dump01.dds file into the Replacements folder, nothing happens ingame.
Can you please describe step by step how to make it work?[/QUOTE]

The help.exe program has detailed info about how to replace textures.

Try compiling the dumps. If it still doesn't work, run the game windowed and see what shows in the console, there should be some messages when it try to load replacements (happens when you load a level), if there isn't than it has not recognized the texture that corresponds to the dump.

How did the rest of the stuff worked?

Tomb raider 3 and 4 are DirextX6 and TR5 is DirextX7, they will require different patches that i will write if this one works.

VictorXD 22-01-15 15:36

Awesome!!:tmb:

You are the same guy that made those tools that are in the bplaced RE forum right? Nice job there too mate. I might give this a go later to test it. Does it replace the enviroment textures too?

AODfan 22-01-15 16:39

Great tool! :tmb:
Now we can have the updated iOS textures in our game!

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47618398/ios.jpg[/IMG]

They're not very pretty but it's something :D

VictorXD 22-01-15 17:04

:eek:
Awesome!!

Dustie 22-01-15 19:15

How does the widescreen fix work in this one? The instructions only say to put the Tomb2Fix folder in Tomb Raider 2 installation folder and run Tomb2Fix.exe if one has the multipatch already applied (which I believe I have). I did that and there's no difference in the game, it runs in my usual 640x480 pixels resolution. Do I have to run the setup again? If so, through Tomb2Fix or the original Tomb2.exe?

Moreover, when running Tomb2Fix the game doesn't see the savegame files in the original installation directory, it seems to be running as it was a fresh install.

Peixoto 23-01-15 01:35

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7265311]Awesome!!:tmb:

You are the same guy that made those tools that are in the bplaced RE forum right? Nice job there too mate. I might give this a go later to test it. Does it replace the enviroment textures too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's me. It replaces any texture

[QUOTE=AODfan;7265339]Great tool! :tmb:
Now we can have the updated iOS textures in our game!

They're not very pretty but it's something :D[/QUOTE]

You're doing it?

[QUOTE=Dustie;7265455]How does the widescreen fix work in this one? The instructions only say to put the Tomb2Fix folder in Tomb Raider 2 installation folder and run Tomb2Fix.exe if one has the multipatch already applied (which I believe I have). I did that and there's no difference in the game, it runs in my usual 640x480 pixels resolution. Do I have to run the setup again? If so, through Tomb2Fix or the original Tomb2.exe?

Moreover, when running Tomb2Fix the game doesn't see the savegame files in the original installation directory, it seems to be running as it was a fresh install.[/QUOTE]

Run the game's setup, select the resolution, than start the game: it will be at the correct aspect ratio. Help.exe has all the info you need, including a shortcut to start the game's setup

PhantomPain 23-01-15 03:22

That's amazing! Gonna check it out later :D

Alex Fly 23-01-15 08:08

Great work, thanks for sharing ! :tmb: