www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

just*raidin*tomb 04-04-12 22:38

To be honest, the only reason I can see why their waiting is either:

1. It's going to be delayed.

2. It's so ****ing amazing what they're showing that its going to blow everything else at e3 out of water. (LOL NO)

But with so many games announced already and its not even E3 yet, and some great games at that, will there even be room for Tomb Raider to be in the spotlight come e3? Rahhhh i dunno. I'm not a professional but I dunno.

larafan25 04-04-12 22:40

Yeah....IDK.

I mean...

1. The cinematic things won't win everyone over a second time

2. If they show the game's exploration and large environments (which hasn't happened yet) they may surprise some people...

3. Combat will be...different enough to make people suddenly become interested in the game.

But IDK.

I definately feel the game will be delayed...but whyyy? :pi:

Mikky 04-04-12 22:44

I really don't think the game will be delayed and I don't see a reason why anyone would think that it will be. :/

Lukass 04-04-12 22:44

I'm the third one who believe and feel like the game is going to be delayed. There's absolutely NO reason to be so silent for such a long time, is it? That's not normal. The other games that are going to compete with TR have already out more stuff than TR, which is just strange. Even if they have something that will make us and the audience wow, it's still just a game if you know what I mean.

just*raidin*tomb 04-04-12 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6084072)
I really don't think the game will be delayed and I don't see a reason why anyone would think that it will be. :/

Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.

Plus I'm just feeling a delay. I don't know why. But if there isn't one then I'll be happy either way. Delays usually mean "we gotta clean this **** up". So it doesn't matter that much to me.

Lets be honest. Six months is not a long time at all. Unless the ad campaign is going to be really aggressive. That reminds me I know I usually see the game advertised when the movies are on tv during the campaign which is always cool. (not really relevant but whatever)

larafan25 04-04-12 22:48

Well CD want to show any new content at a big event, so that's why they've waited for E3.

Plus Aussie has told us that before TRU, we didn't have any footage of the game until E3. So as much as it seems weird given how long it's been - to have a demo begin at E3, and maybe more content between the short time leading up to release, it's quite possible.

I just doubt so much about this game though, as I'm sure everyone does. Some of it sounds too good.

leglion 04-04-12 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6084087)
Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.

Plus I'm just feeling a delay. I don't know why. But if there isn't one then I'll be happy either way. Delays usually mean "we gotta clean this **** up". So it doesn't matter that much to me.

Lets be honest. Six months is not a long time at all. Unless the ad campaign is going to be really aggressive. That reminds me I know I usually see the game advertised when the movies are on tv during the campaign which is always cool.

Apple is super secret with their product, but that doesn't mean their will be some sort of delay.

Mikky 04-04-12 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6084087)
Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.

So, because they've gone silent, you assume there are problems with the game's development? I think you might be jumping to conclusions, but okay.

larafan25 04-04-12 22:51

I don't think it's strange for people to assume something requires more work or focus because the devs are silent.

just*raidin*tomb 04-04-12 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6084092)
Well CD want to show any new content at a big event, so that's why they've waited for E3.

Plus Aussie has told us that before TRU, we didn't have any footage of the game until E3. So as much as it seems weird given how long it's been - to have a demo begin at E3, and maybe more content between the short time leading up to release, it's quite possible.

I just doubt so much about this game though, as I'm sure everyone does. Some of it sounds too good.

Yes. I know. I totally agree.

And do you mean that we didn't actually see the game in motion until the E3 before its release? If so, that's somewhat comforting. I guess we didn't notice it so much because all other media we got before it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.