Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy for the Switch? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222958)

SoraSakai 13-06-19 00:03

Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy for the Switch?

So quite a few interesting games are being ported for the Switch.

Alien Isolation, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, The Witcher 3: Complete Edition.

Would anyone be interested if they made a trilogy set of the reboot Tomb Raider games for the Switch?

13 and Rise have 360 versions so they’d be easy to port. Shadow would be trickier but theyd just need to remove some shadows and possibly change Lara’s hair back to the mesh they used for Rise’s 360 port and I can see it being do-able.

Any Switch owners want this?

Legends 13-06-19 00:24

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I'd take the lau trilogy, but not the reboot. I don't think there is much interest for either on the Switch though. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

SoraSakai 13-06-19 00:35

They should do it just for me :(

scremanie 13-06-19 02:38

I would love that. Heck, I’d even settle for TRL/TRA/TRU on the Switch. :p

malferink 13-06-19 02:40

I'd buy it in an instant.

NoahCrofRaider 13-06-19 03:02

I want ALL TR games on Switch. AoD isn’t as big of a deal (unless they had all the amazing fan patches), but having all of them with easy access would be really great still.

Maverin 13-06-19 05:56

I don't own a switch and I won't buy one so of course I don't really need to see them ported either. I don't think the console is strong enough to handle titles as big as the reboot trilogy but who knows. Playing them with terrible graphics and lag spikes won't be very fun I assume.

Here's hoping you get it someday :brofist:

SoraSakai 13-06-19 06:35

[QUOTE=Maverin;8099773]I don't own a switch and I won't buy one so of course I don't really need to see them ported either. I don't think the console is strong enough to handle titles as big as the reboot trilogy but who knows. Playing them with terrible graphics and lag spikes won't be very fun I assume.

Here's hoping you get it someday :brofist:[/QUOTE]
Judging by that comment it’s very apparent you don’t even know what a Nintendo Switch is or what games are on it.

Maverin 13-06-19 07:14

[QUOTE=SoraSakai;8099777]Judging by that comment it’s very apparent you don’t even know what a Nintendo Switch is or what games are on it.[/QUOTE]

Of course I know what it is. I've seen some impressive footage of Zelda. But it's still nowhere as powerful as other consoles.
It's something Nintendo's known for, they don't bring out the most powerful hardware but they do have extremely big and popular titles like Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc.

I just watched this video and although the games look really impressive, I still don't think it'd be able to run Shadow smoothly without a lot of sacrifices graphically. Doesn't mean I'm against a Switch port, it just won't be my cup of tea.

[youtube]Cw3MY391zcY[/youtube]

SoraSakai 13-06-19 07:18

It already has plenty of well done ports from games on better (graphically more capable) consoles.

Doom 2016, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Outlast 1&2, The Witcher 3, Dark Souls Remastered, Crash N Sane Trilogy. The list goes on.

Will the game run as beautifully as the PS4 version or XBOX ONE version? But it can definitely done and still be made to look amazing.