Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Where are the classic tomb raiders in the app store and google play store? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220323)

LuRen 10-06-18 09:46

Where are the classic tomb raiders in the app store and google play store?

Can someone tell me why Square Enix deleted TR 1 and 2 from the app store and google play store?
:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT

GOL was removed too!

WWETombRaider 10-06-18 12:49

I know TR3 got pulled from development, so maybe the others got pulled due to some issues about licensing.

charmedangelin 11-06-18 07:46

Honestly, this is why I'm no longer paying for apps on the app store. I can't beleive that they're gone. Especially since I paid for them.

EDIT

In the play store if you go to view order you can get to the games from your order list and download from there. Strange that they aren't listed in the search results anymore.

LuRen 11-06-18 14:59

That could be it. I will try and do more research on it. Thank You! :))

LuRen 11-06-18 15:01

I paid for Tomb Raider 2 just before it happened. Thats good to know that you can still 'find them'. Thanks!

annl 15-06-18 09:39

Why have they been removed? I know the controls were bad but that can’t be the reason.

Has Realtech VR requested they be removed? They didn’t want anything to do with Square anymore.

...Unless Square have their own plans?

Can anyone confirm they haven’t been updated in New Zealand? I live in the UK but apparently it is still available in New Zealand.

TombHackR 16-06-18 11:14

I tried downloading them the other day and couldn't find them. Luckily, I went on iOS purchase history and managed to download it through that :)

Dustie 17-06-18 21:34

I read a few people say they have gone indeed. Obviously if someone had bought them earlier they can still download them to their device through their store accounts, but it looks like they aren't being sold anymore.

This is an interesting development indeed. Seems like they re-evaluated the apps after the TR3 port fiasco and decided to pull them completely... maybe they will try developing their own ports, I think someone shared the TR3 source code (which also happens to contain the TR2 code) with Square and they also had a copy of the TR1 code in their archives, so they might try putting that to good use.
Or not, since they're trying to distance themselves from the old games?...

tlr online 17-06-18 21:43

I'm also looking into this. Very interesting indeed.

charmedangelin 19-06-18 01:19

Could it be a licensing issue with Realtech? Perhaps they were so angry and upset with how badly Square Enix treated them that Realtech demanded that they remove the games from the store?

Matie 20-06-18 11:54

Guardian of Light is also gone, apparently... I can't check at the moment, could somebody please confirm if it's the case with GoL, too?

annl 20-06-18 13:47

I can confirm it is gone too. I can download it from my purchased list but the page is gone too. I tap the app to open the page and nothing.

You can still download it though if you already own it.

Matie 20-06-18 14:49

Ah, that's too bad, sadly I didn't buy TR2 and GoL (thought it would be possible to do anytime later anyway). Thank you for the confirmation!

I wonder what's going on :/

JsotoTRSaga 21-06-18 05:11

Why did this happen???

LaraThaRaider 12-07-18 21:08

[QUOTE=JsotoTRSaga;7912235]Why did this happen???[/QUOTE]

Lazy development :p

leomage 13-07-18 03:44

Just finished TR1 on ios and was looking forward to buying TR2 since they no longer play on my laptop. This is a real bummer. And without any kind of notice :mad:

ANoDE 13-07-18 09:31

I guess it happened when RealtechVR had a bit of a fallout with SE about TR3 mobile port. Why GoL is also gone, I don't know though.

Dustie 18-07-18 14:56

[QUOTE=ANoDE;7925965]I guess it happened when RealtechVR had a bit of a fallout with SE about TR3 mobile port. Why GoL is also gone, I don't know though.[/QUOTE]

Specifically because they also pulled GoL is why it probably doesn't have that much to do with RealtechVR. Might be some reorganisation at the company which is behind this decision.

charmedangelin 19-07-18 00:41

It would be nice for them to just come out and say what's going on, but I guess they are or were hoping on nobody noticing.

klona 19-07-18 22:56

I hope they rerelease all classics [I]without any game breaking bugs[/I].

[SIZE="1"]Looking at you TR1 port.[/SIZE]

LukeXscorpio 26-07-18 16:21

Does anyone think they have took them down because their making a remastered trilogy like crash and spyro? I hope so... I found tomb raider 1 but it said only available in Saudi Arabia store so I’m confused.

Mickybyrne20 26-07-18 16:52

Well my Tomb Raider 1 app would instantly shut down when I tried to open it. It's clearly got compatibility issues. That's probably why they removed them, to patch them or someone.

LukeXscorpio 26-07-18 17:09

You could be right, really hope it’s because they are remastering it though and hey I’m from Manchester too. :wve:

zenazic 29-07-18 02:06

Hopefully it's not one those cases where the publisher discontinues the app from the App Store over compatibility issues and then never fixes them, so a perfectly good game just disappears... I've seen a couple of games go through that, like the iOS version of Pandemonium, I Love Katamari and a couple of more... :(

LuckyEdge10 30-07-18 10:07

It also happened with Mirror's Edge! There was a great and funny mobile game (only on iOS), but they removed it because it's "the circle of life". No, I'm not jocking, It's the official statement.

"[B]When our mobile games reach the end of their cycle, we withdraw them from the App Store. It is the circle of life.

Have you purchased any games in the table below? You can install them on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch if you have a compatible version of iOS.[/B]

Ridicolous.

tlr online 01-08-18 07:20

This from the studio.

[quote]Square Enix is evaluating its mobile title lineup to ensure that its games deliver the highest quality experience for our players. The mobile classic titles of Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, and The Guardian Of Light were removed from iOS and Google Play Stores in order to ensure that our product line continues to function well on modern devices and that it stays compliant with industry norms and applicable regulations.[/quote]

WWETombRaider 01-08-18 11:12

That's good to know they didn't permanently nuke them. So they should be back on the store soon, I'm guessing.

VictorXD 02-08-18 19:17

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7940034]That's good to know they didn't permanently nuke them. So they should be back on the store soon, I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the opposite of what I read. For me it seems like they are permanently ditching those games.

I mean it would make sense, I can't imagine more than a couple of people a month buy them these days. So I don't think it must be very profitable to keep paying someone to update them.

Matie 02-08-18 19:43

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7941181]This is pretty much the opposite of what I read. For me it seems like they are permanently ditching those games.

I mean it would make sense, I can't imagine more than a couple of people a month buy them these days. So I don't think it must be very profitable to keep paying someone to update them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I interpreted it the same way. :(

WWETombRaider 02-08-18 19:49

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7941181]This is pretty much the opposite of what I read. For me it seems like they are permanently ditching those games.

I mean it would make sense, I can't imagine more than a couple of people a month buy them these days. So I don't think it must be very profitable to keep paying someone to update them.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap. I interpreted that as "we'll review and re-upload". :(

charmedangelin 12-08-18 03:12

It pretty much says they pulled it because there is no longer support for the games to function on modern devices. I can guess that Square didn't want to shell out money to hire a support team for the mobile versions of Tomb Raider since Real Tech left them so they just pulled them off the market to spare them headaches and loss of profits.

Dustie 20-08-18 19:00

[QUOTE=tlr online;7939979]This from the studio.[/QUOTE]

I guess the next question should be are they coming back?

alf717 01-09-18 18:54

I always had different results from phone to phone with these games. I could never figure out why they ran slow or just right when going from phone to phone. I would like to see these game come to the Switch or something though. I wish I could of seen the video/screen of what Realtech VR was doing with TRIII.

MattTR 02-09-18 15:43

Luckily I already have the both of them purchased.. But the sad part is that if they ever come back, it’ll be a whole new file and we’ll have to rebuy them. :cries: I hope one day we get the classic games remade like Crash and Spyro. :(

Legends 03-09-18 11:46

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I believe I read that they aren't gonna update or support the apps anymore, so instead of doing maintenance they just decided to take them down. If you already purchased them you can re-download them though. Just go to AppStore, click on your picture (top right corner) then click purchased and you'll get a list of all the previous downloaded and purchased apps. As far as I know these can be deleted and re-downloaded anytime. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Denis 21-11-18 02:53

That's a bummer. I just looked em up and they are nowhere to be found. Having already purchased TR2 I don't really mind because it's in my phone already. Never planning on deleting that.

It's a shame they abandoned em. I seriously can't imagine em being that difficult to maintain/update for newer phones. I have a Sony Xperia Z5 and they run gracefully on it. I don't understand how they can't be compatible with newer phones but wth, they know better (not).

thabani33 21-11-18 05:07

They just dislike Classic TR, no surprise.

Boobandie 03-12-18 10:34

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7941196]Oh crap. I interpreted that as "we'll review and re-upload". :([/QUOTE]

Yeah that basically boils down to;

[I]"Those games don't fit with the new image that we want to have for this franchise, so we're gonna pretend the don't exist."[/I]

ActuallyArlow 03-12-18 20:33

I just started playing a few days ago, am on 'A Canyon of a thousand Snakes'. Also I noticed there was a Just Cause outfit, did they update the game for the upcoming JC4? Or has the outfit always been there

Jontif 21-09-20 10:23

I had TR1 and 2 plus gold on iOS using PS4 controller to play and was working well on iOS 13. However on updating to ioS14 today it’s seems to have killed them. RIP classic tomb raider sad as was playing the gold versions too with the updated textures and dont have a computer to play them on.