www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Lara_Fan1 30-05-13 22:19

The coincidence between Lara smiling and walking into the black and people saying she is saying goodbye to us makes me giggle.

spyrostr 30-05-13 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6804497)
The coincidence between Lara smiling and walking into the black and people saying she is saying goodbye to us makes me giggle.

well that's what i'm feeling everytime i finish AOD....u didnt have to make a comment about it...

SpyrosMonster 30-05-13 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6804503)
well that's what i'm feeling everytime i finish AOD....u didnt have to make a comment about it...

Same here..

Lara_Fan1 30-05-13 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6804503)
well that's what i'm feeling everytime i finish AOD....u didnt have to make a comment about it...

I wasn't on about just you. Other people think the same.

So yeah, I did want to comment on it because you reminded me of it. It makes me giggle because Core didn't intend that final scene to be a goodbye but it ended up being a goodbye. That's what i'm trying to say.

That's what's the coincidence and what makes me giggle.

motoleo 30-05-13 22:53

AOD is what brought me to this forum.

Spong 30-05-13 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6804547)
AOD is what brought me to this forum.

Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

Lara_Fan1 30-05-13 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6804553)
Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

:vlol:

lance6439 30-05-13 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6804553)
Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

http://i.imgur.com/YPIVt1a.gif

skylark1121 30-05-13 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6804553)
Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6804556)
:vlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lance6439 (Post 6804559)

:vlol:

AimlessThunder 30-05-13 23:02

AoD is my fav Tomb Raider as well. Such a beautiful disaster :').

motoleo 30-05-13 23:04

Over the years I have come to think that "Lara on the run" was symbolism for how Tomb Raider's fame was out of control at the time. For how this great game was going to be produced and everyone just attacked it and ended up killing it.

Billy959 30-05-13 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6804565)
Over the years I have come to think that "Lara on the run" was symbolism for how Tomb Raider's fame was out of control at the time. For how this great game was going to be produced and everyone just attacked it and ended up killing it.

I actually imagined an angry crowd randomly attacking and killing AOD Lara,and laughed!






I regret nothing

motoleo 30-05-13 23:21

I always wanted to believe that Core knew they were making the last Tomb Raider game.

Niveus 30-05-13 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6804553)
Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

Slayed :vlol:

motoleo 31-05-13 01:44

Spong should be a comedian.

aussie500 31-05-13 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy959 (Post 6804487)
I thought it was Tomb Raider as in TR2013!

anyway! Aod will always remain on the top of my list when it comes to Tomb Raider!!!:hug:

That was the idea, but the thread seems to have been taken over by AOD, not to worry, it is still Tomb Raider so close enough.

spyrostr 31-05-13 14:39

http://www.mso.se/sv/Konserter/Konse...3/JOYSTICK-50/

Quote:

For anyone attending the Joystick concert tonight - pre-show lecture "The Music of Tomb Raider" at 5:30 (same building).

does anyone here know swedish???

Admles 31-05-13 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6804553)
Like the game needs any more reasons for people to dislike it :pi::p

The contest is over folks, we have post of the year right here :vlol:

motoleo 31-05-13 16:19

Lara was like a ghost in AOD, brought back in retcon after the developers had already decided that she would die in the Last Revelation. It was almost like the developers made her like that on purpose. We'll bring her back but she'll be dead on the inside.

TRBeth 31-05-13 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6805152)
Lara was like a ghost in AOD, brought back in retcon after the developers had already decided that she would die in the Last Revelation. It was almost like the developers made her like that on purpose. We'll bring her back but she'll be dead on the inside.

I disagree. It was never up to CORE to decide that TR would end. And no way in hell would Eidos just end the franchise. That was never going to happen. I think CORE was fed-up with having to crank out a game annually, giving them no time whatsoever to actually develop their technology. Under Eidos, CORE was doomed because of this. Lara in AOD was recognizable as the Lara from the classics.

And who knows what will happen now that SE experiences jolting losses because of the money they poured in to their AAA games with underwhelming financial results. Will TR now be slated to be cranked out every two years now, with less showiness? CD may be in the same vivacious situation as CORE once was (since they too only have time to produce TR--a game that hasn't met financial expectations since Legend)

spyrostr 31-05-13 17:45

http://scoreconcert.com/wp-content/u...lish-final.pdf

i wanna be there :(

AimlessThunder 31-05-13 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyrostr (Post 6805274)

OMG! Me too! I am obsessed with the soundtrack! :D

spyrostr 31-05-13 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 6805485)
OMG! Me too! I am obsessed with the soundtrack! :D

i hope someone uploads something on youtube :D

larafan25 01-06-13 03:43

Y'all.

I want this forum to create a community TR game.

No stawp.

I don't mean create a game. I mean for fun, and for the experience, and to learn about compromises and how much thought is involved, I'd like or us to conceptualize a Tomb Raider game.

That means thinking and polling everything in a game that can be described through words or images, or related to by previous games.

I think this would be...absolutely hard, horrifying and annoying, but super fun and cool.

What would we title our TR game?

What Lara model are we using?

Of course the much deeper parts as well.

Could call it the Tomb Raider Forum Design Doc

motoleo 01-06-13 03:47

I would definitely bring back sexy because sex sells.

Niveus 01-06-13 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6806169)
-post-

You're full of brilliant ideas :p (not being sarcastic, bitches need some smell-o-vision).
I think that would be very interesting to see. Not least because the 2013 section would probably explode with all the heated arguments :D

larafan25 01-06-13 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niveus (Post 6806175)
You're full of brilliant ideas :p (not being sarcastic, bitches need some smell-o-vision).
I think that would be very interesting to see. Not least because the 2013 section would probably explode with all the heated arguments :D

Hm. Well I wanna do it, but I don't want it to sit there as some thread that nobody posts in. It could work.

I guess we'd start simple, and say our plane is to gather as a community and conceptualize our ideal sequel to the reboot, as an example.

Though everything that is voted on should be decided in advance to keep a lean thread. I think.

edit: Y'all I made a thread, but Imma post it tomorrow and from there thingies will flow....or fall apart.

Though I need an online place to host the actual document and link to it, not sure if I could just do it in another thread or what.

BTW does anyone know if we can use images as links?

LNSNHGTDS 01-06-13 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6806169)
Y'all.

I want this forum to create a community TR game.

No stawp.

I don't mean create a game. I mean for fun, and for the experience, and to learn about compromises and how much thought is involved, I'd like or us to conceptualize a Tomb Raider game.

That means thinking and polling everything in a game that can be described through words or images, or related to by previous games.

I think this would be...absolutely hard, horrifying and annoying, but super fun and cool.

What would we title our TR game?

What Lara model are we using?

Of course the much deeper parts as well.

Could call it the Tomb Raider Forum Design Doc

I really love this idea and I wholeheartdely hope it is set in motion, however, we're talking about TRF here, there are few chances that we will manage to work together :p !

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6806172)
I would definitely bring back sexy because sex sells.

Oh yeah :ohn: !

Lara_Fan1 01-06-13 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6806172)
I would definitely bring back sexy because sex sells.

Lara's the sexiest she has ever been. She doesn't need the tight top, short shorts and huge bazookas.

LNSNHGTDS 01-06-13 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6806314)
Lara's the sexiest she has ever been. She doesn't need the tight top, short shorts and huge bazookas.

So monkey-looking teenage boys are "sexy" now or what?

Lara_Fan1 01-06-13 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6806323)
So monkey-looking teenage boys are "sexy" now or what?

She doesn't look anything like a monkey or a boy.

LNSNHGTDS 01-06-13 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6806327)
She doesn't look anything like a monkey or a boy.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Ges6KHHVjR24gw

http://cramgaming.com/wp-content/gal...3_original.jpg

Oh no, not at all :rolleyes: !

I'm not saying she's ugly, she still is beautiful, her sex-appeal, however, apparently exploded and spread out all over the island as it is nowhere to be found on her!

Lara_Fan1 01-06-13 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6806330)
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Ges6KHHVjR24gw

http://cramgaming.com/wp-content/gal...3_original.jpg

Oh no, not at all :rolleyes: !

I'm not saying she's ugly, she still is beautiful, her sex-appeal, however, apparently exploded and spread out all over the island as it is nowhere to be found on her!

I still don't see her looking like a boy or a monkey :confused:.

Anyway; she still does have sex-appeal. Just because it's not in your face doesn't mean it isn't there.

LNSNHGTDS 01-06-13 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6806334)
Anyway; she still does have sex-appeal. Just because it's not in your face doesn't mean it isn't there.

Well, in that case, let me know as soon as it re-emerges from the abyss it has currently fallen in.

Caesum 01-06-13 10:30

Just wanted to show you some amazing art by tholiaart I've found some time ago:
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-368741009
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-369084275

I don't know how about you, but I'd really love to see the new Lara in our Lara's classic outfit. Her face looks like if it was made to be classic. :cln:

Lara_Fan1 01-06-13 10:36

^

Good drawings, only I don't think the new Lara suits the classic outfit.
Ahh, those glasses :)!

CBS_TombRaider 01-06-13 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 6806340)
Just wanted to show you some amazing art by tholiaart I've found some time ago:
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-368741009
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-369084275

I don't know how about you, but I'd really love to see the new Lara in our Lara's classic outfit. Her face looks like if it was made to be classic. :cln:

While the art in itself is wonderful, for that kind of concept art to become reality would be the hugest regression ever. There's no trace left of new Lara in that drawing, safe for the bangs and her pendant. While some may like it that way, I really don't think Crystal is ever gonna go that way, it'd undo all this effort they've put in reimagining her... unless they release it as a dlc skin of some sort (which I wouldn't really mind all that much). I don't mind giving new Lara aspects of the old Lara(s), but a copy-paste from the classics really doesn't work for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 6806344)
^

Good drawings, only I don't think the new Lara suits the classic outfit.
Ahh, those glasses :)!

I don't think new Lara suits the booty shorts and low-cut top either. Although I think I'd be fine if it was sort of balanced; like, if she wore shorts, that'd be fine if she had a decent shirt or coat along with it imo.

LNSNHGTDS 01-06-13 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 6806340)
Just wanted to show you some amazing art by tholiaart I've found some time ago:
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-368741009
http://tholiaart.deviantart.com/art/...Lara-369084275

I don't know how about you, but I'd really love to see the new Lara in our Lara's classic outfit. Her face looks like if it was made to be classic. :cln:

Nah, not really. I love the Classic outfit but any mod/drawing with the new Lara wearing it has been a complete failure so far.

P.S. Those glasses should burn in hell already :cen: !

Lara_Fan1 01-06-13 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS_TombRaider (Post 6806345)
I don't think new Lara suits the booty shorts and low-cut top either. Although I think I'd be fine if it was sort of balanced; like, if she wore shorts, that'd be fine if she had a decent shirt or coat along with it imo.

I think because I see the new outfit as the classic one, just modernized up. So seeing her in that outfit just doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind her in shorts, just not the short shorts.

Caesum 01-06-13 10:48

I really don't get how such a Lara would be a regression. It's not like the new Lara has any characteristics anyway unless being always scared and overprotective does count as one.

About the classic outfit being too old-fashioned I agree. I would love to see it though as her long brown trousers and blue TRA alike top. A glimpse of it was in TR2013 and I loved it.

And the glasses are purrfect! :ohn:


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.