Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

NoahCrofRaider 25-02-19 18:36

[QUOTE=Grizzly Bear;8047232]I was thinking about something (probably) silly;
Most people nowadays like happy/full of jokes/let's say "light" movies, like the ones Disney generally makes (like Avengers, which I can't stand anymore, but people are in love with it.)

But yesterday I saw the new trailer for Frozen 2 and I was really surprised (my little sister was a fan of the first movie, but i didn't like the first one when I watched it with her).
But now this new one seems so dark, especially for an animated movie for children, and I thought, maybe dark tones/atmospheres will be popular again!

If they're going to make a sequel, I hope they keep this direction they had taken, very few jokes, more dark moments.[/QUOTE]

I would love that, especially considering how Rise (and Shadow) teased a darker tone, what with Lara’s PTSD and and the darker colors.

GeekOfComedy 25-02-19 21:23

The Oscar's opening video shows one shot of Tomb Raider between Black Panther and Aquaman with a closeup of Vikander going down the rope after opening the KaraKuri wall. Probably because Graham King was there for BohemRhap.

Ellioft 25-02-19 22:39

[QUOTE=GeekOfComedy;8047318]The Oscar's opening video shows one shot of Tomb Raider between Black Panther and Aquaman with a closeup of Vikander going down the rope after opening the KaraKuri wall. Probably because Graham King was there for BohemRhap.[/QUOTE]

Well that proove something important, Graham King cares about Tomb Raider :D

TrustyBow 25-02-19 23:33

[QUOTE=Ellioft;8047348]Well that proove something important, Graham King cares about Tomb Raider :D[/QUOTE]

From everything we've heard, that definitely seems to be the case. I don't know guys, I wouldn't give up on a sequel yet.

NoahCrofRaider 25-02-19 23:52

^ I can toast to that. :tmb:

On another note, what would you guys expect from/like to see in a sequel? I’m expecting dual pistols, an adaption of Rise, and maybe a bit of globetrotting.

TrustyBow 26-02-19 03:28

[QUOTE=NoahCrofRaider;8047366]^ I can toast to that. :tmb:

On another note, what would you guys expect from/like to see in a sequel? I’m expecting dual pistols, an adaption of Rise, and maybe a bit of globetrotting.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for a Rise adaptation but if not Rise, I'd like to see Legend adapted. I think Legend's cinematic style would lend itself naturally to the big screen. We'd have a classic fetch quest and globe trotting. Change the villain though, obviously. Amanda and her goons can easily be replaced with Ana and Trinity.

NoahCrofRaider 26-02-19 03:32

[QUOTE=TrustyBow;8047406]I'm all for a Rise adaptation but if not Rise, I'd like to see Legend adapted. I think Legend's cinematic style would lend itself naturally to the big screen. We'd have a classic fetch quest and globe trotting. Change the villain though, obviously. Amanda and her goons can easily be replaced with Ana and Trinity.[/QUOTE]

A Legend adaptation could be interesting. The story was certainly very nice, and I’d be interested to see if they could flesh it out a little more.

Although, ngl, if I had to choose an adaptation of one of the pre-reboot stories, I would choose an adaptation of TR1 if they could pull it off right. :gabisaysbequiet: TR1 is just, mwah, beautiful.

laracroftswest 26-02-19 04:27

[QUOTE=NoahCrofRaider;8047366]^ I can toast to that. :tmb:

On another note, what would you guys expect from/like to see in a sequel? I’m expecting dual pistols, an adaption of Rise, and maybe a bit of globetrotting.[/QUOTE]

For me this is ideal. You add the real characteristics and trademarks of Lara mixed with the family issues taken out of Rise's story and you could get something really cool. It's actually the answer to so many critics' issues with the 2018 film.

If I had to pick an adaptation from the classics I'd probably go with 2 or 3 since there are more characters to develop from. 3 in all of its globetrotting glory would make for an epic adventure onscreen.

Ellioft 26-02-19 09:04

I want Rise story with an actual good focus on Trinity,globetrotting,manor and supernatural and a more resourcefull Lara :) An evolution of the character and a more longer film :p

I have some infortunate news for you, the studios doesn't want him to response to the questions I have prepared :(
Well at least I have tried to do something...

Portugalraider 26-02-19 14:09

Definitely RotTR with dual pistols (but also a bow for a possible stealth segment, and a knife final battle with Konstantin), a bigger focus in Lara's relation with Ana (now that daddy is done in the movie's continuity), and globetrotting or not, I just want some really big vistas and impressive temples. Especially in the Archive, the Orrery (should appear, as it would also be a cool nod to the first movie) and Kitezh, make them feel grandiose!

And something that would also be nice, a bigger focus on Sofia instead of Jacob, it would give the character a nice parallel to Lara, especially if she is now the immortal leader (both capable women with a big burden given by their fathers).

[QUOTE=Ellioft;8047446]I have some infortunate news for you, the studios doesn't want him to response to the questions I have prepared :(
Well at least I have tried to do something...[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Roar or the storyboard artist? Either way, is a truly shame... :/