www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Ellioft 11-03-19 18:44

An insider can know a lot of thing, for an officiel announcement I think we can expect a news this summer :)

I like this tread it's one of the few where's there's positivity floating around :hug:

Portugalraider 11-03-19 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8055466)
Your basing your excitement on a so-called insider we have no proof he even knows? Even if there is an insider, it's unlikely to be anyone of importance who actually knows something. Until there's an official announcement, I'm just gonna be sceptical.

That's the healthiest stance to take, it is true. :p

Still, the notion that some work might be happening is already a bit exciting. Especially considering Fanos' and Andre's sources said not long ago that WB was more interested in figuring out the DC movies (again) and the Wizarding World before tackling any other potential blockbuster franchise. Even if they then decide that it isn't worth the effort (which I really hope it's not the case), it is nice to see some faith in Tomb Raider as a franchise.

Especially because the US BO was the only problem in terms of revenue. International BO was higher than both AJ movies even after inflation. Have a better script, manage the budget better and market the movie properly, and we might have an actual winner. :)

laracroftswest 11-03-19 18:58

If we get a sequel, wouldn't this be the first sequel to come out of GK films? That'd be kind of a win :p

NoahCrofRaider 11-03-19 19:31

Maybe the excitement is a bad idea, considering it could potentially be false, but it is exciting that it could be a possibility. Iím remaining hopeful.

GeekOfComedy 11-03-19 19:33

I don't know. I know someone on here has a Twitter source who's profile pic is a dog and it's an incredibly sketchy Twitter source... I follow them and they do get good scoop but I'll get excited when I see the official announcement.

Ellioft 11-03-19 19:44

I don't see why an insider would be lyin anyway :)

TrustyBow 11-03-19 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by laracroftswest (Post 8055483)
If we get a sequel, wouldn't this be the first sequel to come out of GK films? That'd be kind of a win :p

I believe so.

This would be a really good win for them if they can get the franchise rolling. After Bohemian Rhapsody, they're the next new thing and Tomb Raider can provide them with a long lasting, consistent moneymaker. Even if it makes more in foreign markets, they would benefit, as long as they're aware of that fact and plan accordingly.

Ellioft 11-03-19 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8055521)
I believe so.

This would be a really good win for them if they can get the franchise rolling. After Bohemian Rhapsody, they're the next new thing and Tomb Raider can provide them with a long lasting, consistent moneymaker. Even if it makes more in foreign markets, they would benefit, as long as they're aware of that fact and plan accordingly.

That's true because I don't see happening Bohemian Rhapsody II : Beyond the Death :ton:

Portugalraider 11-03-19 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8055534)
That's true because I don't see happening Bohemian Rhapsody II : Beyond the Death :ton:

Actually they have like 7 years left in Freddy's life, the years leading to his death, and someone in an interview said that they do have material for a sequel in those seven years... :p

Besides, I would personally be more than keen on seeing Rami as Freddy again. The movie was pretty standard, but god if he didn't deliver.

Better yet: Tomb Rhapsody - Lara Croft and Freddy Mercury team up to finally destroy Trinity's plot of cleansing the world from great music. :ton:

Ellioft 11-03-19 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 8055543)
Actually they have like 7 years left in Freddy's life, the years leading to his death, and someone in an interview said that they do have material for a sequel in those seven years... :p

Besides, I would personally be more than keen on seeing Rami as Freddy again. The movie was pretty standard, but god if he didn't deliver.

Better yet: Tomb Rhapsody - Lara Croft and Freddy Mercury team up to finally destroy Trinity's plot of cleansing the world from great music. :ton:

:vlol:

Well apparently a sequel is in discussion for Bohemian Rhapsody :o