www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

beencroft 22-02-22 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8343971)
Me too! haha

Me 3 lol ^-^

Also, anyone joining the zoom tomorrow with Misha? Hopefully it’ll be uploaded afterwards. I’m sure she’s not going to say much on any thing she’s working on haha

Portugalraider 22-02-22 23:18

I can't, unfortunately, but since this seems more like a seminar and less of an interview, I don't think we'll get anything from it unless Misha uses any aspect of on the movie as an example...

Ellioft 23-02-22 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by beencroft (Post 8344001)
Me 3 lol ^-^

Also, anyone joining the zoom tomorrow with Misha? Hopefully it’ll be uploaded afterwards. I’m sure she’s not going to say much on any thing she’s working on haha

I will join the zoom :D

beencroft 23-02-22 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8344020)
I will join the zoom :D

Thanks for your sacrifice if it turns out to be nothing. :D

Also, I was able to get Jocelyn Hudon to say something about her being attached to TR2 with her stunt performer. She said ‘I wish. ��’ under an old post of mine stating pre-production would start up soon and I replied if she was apart of the film and no answer ever since haha. It’s the same thing with Sean Ringgold. I find it suspicious that they followed Misha still…

Update: She’s been removed from IMDb

Portugalraider 23-02-22 20:10

Ahhh, the good old times of seeing names and locations being added and removed from IMDB... How I missed them... :p

beencroft 23-02-22 21:25

Cainan from GVN sent me an email telling me that Tomb Raider is in very early pre-production and that they’re still trying to get some funding. Also, he told me that he heard some rumors that Tomb Raider will most likely be released on Amazon instead of in movie theaters… although that’ll be a bummer but it makes sense. (Maybe the budget will be bigger though.) And I know some of y’all don’t trust GVN, but he’s dedicated just as us so I have some trust with his information even if it is a rumor he has heard

GeekOfComedy 23-02-22 21:49

I don't think Vikander would return for a Streaming only release and nor should she. RE: Shailenne Woodley and Divergent 4. It's different creatively if you're making Irma Vep. Also warners already committed to International and UA for Domestic so they've gotten all those pieces of the puzzle.

Portugalraider 23-02-22 22:37

God I hope the distribution deal with Warner Brothers prevents a streaming-only release... Or at least guarantees that the movie will be released in theaters internationally, where, let's face it, is where the theater-based market for Tomb Raider is anyways...

I can get it with the movie being an Amazon Prime exclusive whenever it does get to streaming, but Tomb Raider does deserve to not be relegated to stream-only... Hopefully the apparent success of Uncharted might incline them to still go for a theatrical release...

beencroft 23-02-22 22:44

Yeah, overseas definitely saved the first movie. They could do what HBO Max does and release it both on streaming services and movie theaters but after 45 days in theaters. If Misha does add in a T-Rex battle, I definitely think that’s audience reaction material right there and deserves to be seen on the big screen. ;)

Portugalraider 23-02-22 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by beencroft (Post 8344104)
Yeah, overseas definitely saved the first movie. They could do what HBO Max does and release it both on streaming services and movie theaters but after 45 days in theaters. If Misha does add in a T-Rex battle, I definitely think that’s audience reaction material right there and deserves to be seen on the big screen. ;)

That I'd definitely be okay with, but the important thing is having this movie be released on theatres...

But to be fair, I am not surprised that talks would be made about this, with Amazon buying MGM. But hopefully those talks end up with "nah, let's still make it for theatres, and then have him exclusively on Prime...