www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

PinkyPromise 01-03-22 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 8344721)
I think the success of Uncharted might work in favour of getting the sequel greenlit. Tomb Raider had better reviews but they're both adventure films based on video games so hopefully Hollyweird will saturate that market and stsrt work on it sooner than later. :)

Uncharted had better "audiencia score" with 90%. The critics have not liked it but the public has loved the movie and that is more important. On the other hand, TR has a public rating of 50%, which means that the public was not satisfied with the film.

I saw Uncharted and it seemed like a pretty dumb movie to me. but I understand the success. It is quite simple and fun.

I think they should bring back the tone of TR2001 but with a better script. That movie did some incredible numbers. When people think of TR they think in guns, stone warriors, crazy action scenes and glam and acid Lara. The Cambodia segment is still the best thing ever done in a TR movie: real location + tombs + lots of fun

Ellioft 01-03-22 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPromise (Post 8344735)
Uncharted had better "audiencia score" with 90%. The critics have not liked it but the public has loved the movie and that is more important. On the other hand, TR has a public rating of 50%, which means that the public was not satisfied with the film.

I saw Uncharted and it seemed like a pretty dumb movie to me. but I understand the success. It is quite simple and fun.

I think they should bring back the tone of TR2001 but with a better script. That movie did some incredible numbers. When people think of TR they think in guns, stone warriors, crazy action scenes and glam and acid Lara. The Cambodia segment is still the best thing ever done in a TR movie: real location + tombs + lots of fun

They should take the adventure feel to the next level and have fun with it, but without sacrificing the plot or the characters. I don't want to see a Lara who doesn't struggle like Nathan Drake it's boring, it works in the first AJ movie but even in the sequel they made sure that she doesn't succed that easily.

Honestly without Tom Holland Spiderman, Uncharted would've crashed really hard because all the characters are jerk and the action is subpar.

Tonyrobinson 01-03-22 21:45

I definitely would love a more adventure driven vibe. Tomb Raider doesn't have to be dark or gritty but give us good character arcs and a fun story along side some fun action and ancient Tomb. :)

beencroft 02-03-22 01:17

From the emojis, I know Misha is going to give us something good for all the fans to enjoy. :) Just gotta keep waiting

Not_a_Mutant 02-03-22 13:29

How much success does Uncharted owe to SPIDERMAN... Tom Holland? This guy is at the peak of his fame.

Would it be as successful with Nathan Fillon as the lead?

I'm not sure if Alice Vikander can carry a silly CGI action movie. 2001 TR had Anjelina Jolie.
So if they go in that direction, they're going to need someone like Gal Gadot and a guy like Ryan Reynolds as sidekick.

But I'm not sure, TR 2018 did well internationally and bombed in North America. However, as noted above, the viewership score is 6/7 on IMDB and 90% on RT for Uncharted, while for TR it's an anemic 6 and 55%'

Previous movies with AJ also have extremely low ratings from both audiences and critics, weird. It seems that people expect more from TR than from Uncharted, or many people didn't even know about Uncharted and found a fun family action-adventure movie.
Or more simply, Uncharted is a better movie overall than any of the three TR

beencroft 02-03-22 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_a_Mutant (Post 8344893)
How much success does Uncharted owe to SPIDERMAN... Tom Holland? This guy is at the peak of his fame.

Would it be as successful with Nathan Fillon as the lead?

I'm not sure if Alice Vikander can carry a silly CGI action movie. 2001 TR had Anjelina Jolie.
So if they go in that direction, they're going to need someone like Gal Gadot and a guy like Ryan Reynolds as sidekick.

But I'm not sure, TR 2018 did well internationally and bombed in North America. However, as noted above, the viewership score is 6/7 on IMDB and 90% on RT for Uncharted, while for TR it's an anemic 6 and 55%'

Previous movies with AJ also have extremely low ratings from both audiences and critics, weird. It seems that people expect more from TR than from Uncharted, or many people didn't even know about Uncharted and found a fun family action-adventure movie.
Or more simply, Uncharted is a better movie overall than any of the three TR

I don’t know if it would’ve been more successful with Nathan, but it wouldn’t of had much hate in the beginning as it did at first with Tom. Tom is a very popular actor, so of course it was going to do well at the box office because of him. That’s something I already knew plus Uncharted is a popular video game too. Some video game fans of Uncharted were going to see the movie regardless as well.

Alicia is the perfect Lara Croft for the survivor timeline to evolve into classic Lara. She has what it takes to carry a sequel. Gal would’ve been too busy and Ryan’s character would probably take the spotlight from Lara… let’s be real.

Tomb Raider just needs a great plot with a great cast really. And I trust Misha Green to deliver.

JuditePrince12 04-03-22 00:40

Alicia is the perfect Lara for the modern movies. I liked her performance in the first movie too much just for them to replace her. Granted the story wasn't that special, she resembled a great Unified Lara even before the announced unification imo. TR just needs a great story and epic action scenes. After seeing Lovecraft I think Misha can deliver with something that's daring and new. The show had some crazy mystical elements that would so well with TR. Didn't the script call for Lara to have an ally as well? I still think Jurnee Smollett would be a perfect choice to be apart of the film.

beencroft 04-03-22 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 (Post 8345097)
Alicia is the perfect Lara for the modern movies. I liked her performance in the first movie too much just for them to replace her. Granted the story wasn't that special, she resembled a great Unified Lara even before the announced unification imo. TR just needs a great story and epic action scenes. After seeing Lovecraft I think Misha can deliver with something that's daring and new. The show had some crazy mystical elements that would so well with TR. Didn't the script call for Lara to have an ally as well? I still think Jurnee Smollett would be a perfect choice to be apart of the film.

Agreed. I would love for Jurnee to be apart of the movie too. Misha and Jurnee are really close, so I bet Misha could work something out if she wanted her apart of the movie.

JsotoTRSaga 04-03-22 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 (Post 8345097)

I agree 100%
I would be pretty pissed if they replaced Alicia or cut Ana in the sequel. Anything that is counter productive I am completely against.

LNSNHGTDS 05-03-22 06:37

Is the sequel supposed to be Rise or will they repurpose it to fit the Unification narrative.

Idk about y'all but I think it would be cool to see TR1 made in a movie. It would also be a cool way to introduce Unified Lara to the big screen.