www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Tonyrobinson 22-02-18 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** (Post 7825037)
Guy so Alicia is doing a stream with crystal today right? Any chance shadow could be announced? It would be good promo for both the movie and game

I didn't know she was streaming with Crystal. I'll look forward to that one. :)

So today we ave so much to look forward to there is the Tomb Raide Suite live stream, Alicia on IGN's Twitter, Alicia's livestream with Gamespot and now the Crystal livestream. It's going to be a good day for Tomb Raider fans. :jmp:

The talk with Crystal is 10:50PST which is 18:50 UK time she is talking on periscope but I'd recommend watching Twitch so then you don't need the app to watch and they both broadcasting at the same time. :)

2001LC20 22-02-18 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7825030)
We actually did. It was one of the reasons the public didn't connect with Lara in the last installments. People these days demand compelling characters and evolution in relationships. You can't write a good character without equally good side characters. I'm all for CD trying new things. I'm tired of 20 years of the same thing, sorry.

"20 years of the same thing" no its not. And if CD is ever gonna try new things you could be sure that it wont be about Lara's love interest probably better and more side characters but not as love interests
Ask anyone what "20 years of the same thing" means
Its not what you think it is :)

AntRaidsTombs 22-02-18 13:28

Only love interest Lara needs is with archeology and raiding tombs

2001LC20 22-02-18 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soma Holiday (Post 7825031)
Yes i liked sophia and laras interactions, im all for more side characters, just dont need them in lara's bed. :p (let me rephrase, i dont want them walking her down the aisle, she can have all the hook ups she wants whatever lol)

Did she kiss Alex? Its been so long since i watched the film i thought she was giving him air and his look made her realize it was pointless...

Tension with side characters is also fine, like Kurtis. I liked their sort of "f off i hate you but need you around" interactions. Im expecting lu ren to kinda be that way, hitting on her but she's not having it. "Some men like dangerous women."

I think some people just cant grasp a character can be complete without romance, marriage, and pregnancy. Not all happy endings need that crap...lara is timeless she doesnt need an ending...i mean ive already seen lara+sophie internet posts and the movie isnt even out yet! Crazy!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7825043)
Only love interest Lara needs is with archeology and raiding tombs

I really love you guys opinions its so true :vlol::brofist:

AimlessThunder 22-02-18 13:51

Quote:

Guy so Alicia is doing a stream with crystal today right? Any chance shadow could be announced? It would be good promo for both the movie and game

OMG! YES! Rise is coming to the Nintendo Switch!:cln:

Soma Holiday 22-02-18 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AimlessThunder (Post 7825046)
OMG! YES! Rise is coming to the Nintendo Switch!:cln:

Loloi i dunno which has more platforms at this point, Skyrim or Rise of the Tomb Raider!! :vlol:

Hope it comes to my Smart fridge next!! :p

GeekOfComedy 22-02-18 14:18

You know I'd understand why they'd go there with a relationship but I think it'd work best the way bond has a "Bond girl" or the numerous Women Indiana Jones go through.

I think just subtle flirtation like we see Lu Ren is enough because I do think it is movie making 101 like 99% of movies and every genre has romance factors and it helps sell the stakes not for Lara because we know she survives, but for the supporting cast. :)

Basically I think romance wise, Bond and Indy but more so bond levels of Romance but not HUNGER GAMES or Cradle of Life etc. :)

2001LC20 22-02-18 14:19

Just wait for a pipboy port so you could play it while playing Fallout 4 :D

But tbh if they havent announced the game and said there wont be a long waiting between the actual announce and when you will play the game
I would say Shadow could be far far away from us 2019-2020
But i am glad that they did the announce earlier :)

shockwave_pulsar00 22-02-18 14:21

Quote:

I can tell you one thing, the chat is gonna be toxic as hell. It'll be a bunch of crazies complaining about boobs.

2001LC20 22-02-18 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 (Post 7825055)
I can tell you one thing, the chat is gonna be toxic as hell. It'll be a bunch of crazies complaining about boobs.

I hope it wont happen :( those complains was so stupid and now its beyond just stupid
Those people should get a ****ing life!!!