www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

Woops 13-08-18 00:56

"Oh my god you're gay? I have another gay friend you two should totally date"
Bitch that's now how that **** works.

Legends 13-08-18 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7948492)
It's just very dismissive as well.

I'm like look, *****, I know what I'm saying isn't just pulled straight from my ass, don't be so condescending.

You know that if someone says that to you you've triggered them like crazy. Also, honestly it makes me think that person has no idea how to grasp a conversation. It's a desperate reach to be condescending one last time, for sure. Whatever though.

SrDanielPonces 13-08-18 01:07

thats why i dont tell everyone im gay

Yeauxleaux 13-08-18 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 7948502)

I've never had that one strangely. I've had the "you are too good looking to be gay, what a waste!" though, followed up by the "really? ... really? But you don't have that silly little boy voice!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7948505)
You know that if someone says that to you you've triggered them like crazy. Also, honestly it makes me think that person has no idea how to grasp a conversation. It's a desperate reach to be condescending one last time, for sure. Whatever though.

Yeah that's how I take it. Someone who doesn't have a better rational argument but they just have to get the last word in.

biscuits 13-08-18 01:31

"I'm putting you on my ignore list, bye :wve:"

It seems like a childish way to get the last laugh. Whenever someone does that I get the image of a first grader wagging their tongue :p

Yeauxleaux 13-08-18 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7948520)

It seems like a childish way to get the last laugh. Whenever someone does that I get the image of a first grader wagging their tongue :p

Mmhmm, drama for no reason

Legends 13-08-18 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7948520)

Yes, or the classic "I'm leaving this forum because it's so toxic" only to continue posting about it everyday. People who say they are gonna leave like that never actually goes through with it because they seemingly only really want more attention, and they seem to have no real intention of leaving in the first place. The people who leave doesn't feel the need to tell everyone in such a condescending way. They just leave.

Ahmier 13-08-18 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 7948502)

I feel your pain. I roll my eyes when some say you’re not feminine enough to be gay. Leave me and my “straight” voice alone lol

Admles 13-08-18 08:39

"What have you got to hide" - I hate when people try and use this to justify snooping / asking for your passwords etc.

Draco 13-08-18 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochrane (Post 7947983)
Apparently these big planes have neither door locks nor ignition keys. That may sound weird, but unlike cars, they're not left in unsecured locations, and also a lot of people need access to them. Pilots, ground crew, maintenance and so on. Having keys just complicates a lot of stuff and doesn't add safety. The guy in question here was an employee who did need access to the plane for job reasons (I think he was a maintenance worker), so whatever safety system you could think of, he would have had access to a way to turn it off.

Small private planes do have door locks, but usually really weak ones. I know folks who refuse to lock them because anyone who wants to steal something out of the plane will manage to get in there anyway, and if it's not locked at least they won't damage the door. Whether they have an ignition key or not differs based on the manufacturer. Cessna does have it, Piper does not and instead uses buttons to start the engine.

Plane theft is one reason they aren't fueled until they are being used. Much easier to secure the fuel.