www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

New Dwight 01-03-20 23:06

"There's help"

DragonSlayer 27-03-20 16:03

My dad saying that they won't answer the phone because they don't want to get the coronavirus.

This isn't the first bit of coronavirus related stupidity from him and it won't be the last.

Last week he told my mother that she shouldn't go out into the back garden because she would get the coronavirus.

She said she would be fine and I said it's not like the coronavirus is going to be waiting at the back door for someone to come out and say hi I'm the coronavirus and I'm going to infect you.

SnatchingEdges 27-03-20 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8181042)
My dad saying that they won't answer the phone because they don't want to get the coronavirus.

This isn't the first bit of coronavirus related stupidity from him and it won't be the last.

Last week he told my mother that she shouldn't go out into the back garden because she would get the coronavirus.

She said she would be fine and I said it's not like the coronavirus is going to be waiting at the back door for someone to come out and say hi I'm the coronavirus and I'm going to infect you.

Miss Corona waiting for you to open the back garden

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUHac98W...jpg&name=small

DragonSlayer 27-03-20 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges (Post 8181044)
Miss Corona waiting for you to open the back garden

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUHac98W...jpg&name=small

I am getting a Lady Gaga feeling from that picture.

Legends 28-03-20 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8181119)

That's... surprisingly accurate.

DragonSlayer 02-04-20 09:31

Last night I was emptying the dishwasher when my dad told me to stop for a minute and put some water in the cats bowl.

I said can't you see that I'm busy I handed him the jug and told him to do it himself, he said I don't have my shoes on I said what's that got to do with it and how does you not having your shoes on stop you from putting water in her bowl.

That's the dumbest thing he has said in a very long time.

DragonSlayer 07-04-20 22:08

Bump

I was watching The Chase with my mother an hour ago and the question was what vegetable is the Taj Mahal and some other place's dome shaped like? The answers were carrot, onion and a third one that I've forgotten.

My mother said carrot I instantly :vlol: saying that Brad would have one of his legendary laughing fits if you said to him carrot shaped dome.

The carrot shaped dome reminds me of that bit in the Simpsons where Homer laughed at the thought of a horse faced woman either on the way to or at a funeral it's been a long time since I saw that episode so I can't remember exactly what he said but I'm pretty sure that was it.

ggctuk 08-04-20 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8184342)
Bump

I was watching The Chase with my mother an hour ago and the question was what vegetable is the Taj Mahal and some other place's dome shaped like? The answers were carrot, onion and a third one that I've forgotten.

My mother said carrot I instantly :vlol: saying that Brad would have one of his legendary laughing fits if you said to him carrot shaped dome.

The carrot shaped dome reminds me of that bit in the Simpsons where Homer laughed at the thought of a horse faced woman either on the way to or at a funeral it's been a long time since I saw that episode so I can't remember exactly what he said but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Two words regarding Brad and The Chase: Andy Capp :vlol:

DragonSlayer 08-04-20 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggctuk (Post 8184465)
Two words regarding Brad and The Chase: Andy Capp :vlol:

Don't forget Fanny Chmelar and the bit where Brad lost it when he was told there was a world record for someone being killed when a bird dropped a tortoise on his head thinking his head was a rock.

If you haven't seen it already look up the Roald Dahl question on YouTube Brad was left totally speechless by that one, you won't see that bit when it's repeated on Challenge for some reason that bit was cut from the repeat.

It isn't the first time that Challenge have cut bits from repeats, Catchphrase had a famous bit cut where it looked like Mr Chips was getting a snake aroused.

Greenapple968 08-04-20 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Dwight (Post 8175755)
"There's help"

I'm also frustrated of hearing people say this. The so called "help" might work for some people but it doesn't work for everyone, and it certainly hasn't been all that successful in some of our cases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8181119)

Now that you mention it, I think I can see where you're coming from. :p