www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

SnatchingEdges 31-08-20 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8235966)
Just ignore the trolls living in their mother's basements hiding behind the safety of their keyboards.

Then ignore them.

DragonSlayer 31-08-20 22:15

I was watching Gogglebox a while ago and that guy Giles was telling his wife the reason he failed his first driving test because he tried to run over a blind person at a zebra crossing then added that he hadn't seen the blind person.

I :vlol: so hard, it's the kind of thing I think that John Cleese would do in one of his shows that's if he hasn't already done it.

redfox45 31-08-20 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8232324)
Secondly emasculating me over my height and acting like you've never seen a 5'5 man before isn't cool.


Men do this too!?

:facepalm:
Not cool. You're born how you're born. There isn't much someone can do about their height. There's no such thing as a "leg job"

Oh wait there is >_< no thanks though...


Yeauxleaux 01-09-20 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfox45 (Post 8236013)
Men do this too!?

:facepalm:
Not cool. You're born how you're born. There isn't much someone can do about their height. There's no such thing as a "leg job"

Oh wait there is >_< no thanks though...


Lol men do it more in my experience, though moreso straight men than gay men. It's just a bit more passive-aggressive and indirect than women.

I heard about that surgery before and ngl I was curious at first. Then I read that the recovery time is horrendous and you never fully recover, many people who get it can barely walk after and none can run very well. So yeah, no thanks.

SnatchingEdges 01-09-20 02:51

Short men are cute they can hug me and kiss my tummy.

DragonSlayer 01-09-20 12:18

Some of the things idiots online are saying about Adele's alleged cultural appropriation are :cen: stupid.

One person said she should go to jail for this with no parole, another person said Bantu Knots are not to be worn by white people in any context period.

I disagree if someone wants to have a certain hairstyle they can they don't need or require anyone's permission.

One day for some reason some guy I didn't know turned up at school with a Mohawk hairstyle, if someone wants to have their hair in a particular style then let them they're not hurting anyone.

I saw it in this morning's newspaper that former teen bride Courtney Stodden (some of you might know her because she married the actor Doug Hutchinson when she was 16) in this morning's newspaper there's a picture of her dressed as Cleopatra in an ancient Egyptian themed outfit.

Is she to be accused of cultural appropriation too, Katy Perry also wore an Egyptian outfit in her Dark Horse video will she be accused of cultural appropriation too.

The whole point of dressing up is to be someone your not, there will probably be idiots calling for fancy dress parties to be banned just in case someone turns up wearing a costume that people might think is cultural appropriation, if I were to turn up dressed as Mr Spock or a Klingon would that be considered cultural appropriation of an alien species.

The same can be said for people playing parts in cartoons like Apu and Hank Azaria in The Simpsons, so what if a white person is playing the part of someone from India, would people say the same thing if it was the other way round and an Indian person was playing the part of a white guy, I doubt that they would say anything just in case someone would call them a racist.

Mani_Man 08-09-20 10:15

When you explain in simple english the most basic definitions of something and people still dont get it and go "waha no its not because i say so"

I should really look into those explenation videos people do in order to teach children certain things.
Because if basic english isnt enough for some, i dont know what.

I mean dude, i tell you the worldwide accepted and used definition of that, and you go "Naha thats not it"...what a dumb thing to say.

SnatchingEdges 10-09-20 22:57

Rise>Shadow.

Blue_light 11-09-20 00:04

Some dude who copies anime images and screenshots 1:1, and posts them online saying "my own reference". :facepalm:

nerdfury 11-09-20 20:12

I'm at the weed store minding my own business and the fellow in line in front of me turns around and looks at me. Then he says, "What?? Asian people don't smoke weed!"

https://i.imgur.com/et7cxmY.png

I just really really dislike stereotyping/generalizing/pigeon-holing based on race. Blargh.

(I don't partake nowadays and weed is legal in my State)

DragonSlayer 24-09-20 18:28

I was reading on the Irish Mirror website that a viewer of the show Operation Transformation which is a show that helps people lose weight has accused the programme of undermining the authority of the state because of how the show measures contestants weight.

On the show which I don't watch because it doesn't interest me they use imperial measurements rather than metric measurements to measure contestants weight.

The complainant states that the metric system was introduced in Ireland in 2005 and is of the view that under Statutory Instrument 225/1992 European Communities (units of Measurements) Regulation 1992 the metric system should be used.

The complainant goes on to say that he believes RTE is breaking the law and in doing so the national broadcaster is undermining the authority of the state.

Does it really matter at the end of the day which measurement system is used, a measurement is a measurement be it either metric or imperial AFAIK there is no legal requirement for one to be used instead of the other.

The complainant who is the latest in a long line of people to complain about things that aren't that big of a deal needs to get a life and stop looking for things to get offended about.

DragonSlayer 30-09-20 12:37

I was browsing through various Twitter pages last night when I came across this.

I'm so mad they changed Dumbledore's actor.

Someone clearly missed the memo that Richard Harris is dead.

A few years back when dredging was going on in a nearby river there was a minor controversy when someone noticed that instead of removing the stuff from the river they were just dumping it back into the river.

When the company that was in charge of the dredging operation was asked about the stuff being dumped back into the river the excuse they gave was that they were consolidating all the stuff in one place for when it was eventually removed from the river.

I'm no expert on dredging but wouldn't the stuff they dumped back into the river just be carried away by the fast moving water.

DragonSlayer 17-10-20 22:08

Since when has OMG been considered a profanity?

I was looking through the parents guide on IMDB for Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle when I saw OMG had been included in the profanity section.

Who decided that OMG is a profanity, probably a Ned Flanders type who goes through every movie, TV show and video game looking for anything that they consider to be offensive, things which other normal people wouldn't find offensive.

Some people have way too much time on their hands if they think that OMG is a profanity, people like that need to get a life.

robm_2007 17-10-20 23:10

Anyone can edit that. I'm sure some prude would flag a movie for "adult innuendo" because a character has "oral" cancer.

Or "mild adult situations" because a woman is seen getting a mammogram (nudity off camera).

Cue Helen Lovejoy screaming here.

DragonSlayer 18-10-20 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm_2007 (Post 8245971)
Anyone can edit that. I'm sure some prude would flag a movie for "adult innuendo" because a character has "oral" cancer.

Or "mild adult situations" because a woman is seen getting a mammogram (nudity off camera).

Cue Helen Lovejoy screaming here.

They would go crazy with the Carry On movies, one Helen Lovejoy wouldn't be enough for those movies they'd need an entire army of Helen Lovejoy's.

Giles on Friday nights episode of Gogglebox saying for reasons unknown that he was going to spend the day with his head in a bucket of Dettol, just where does he come up with this 💩 it must be like the movie Inside Out in his head the difference being rather than Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear being in charge Stupidity would be in charge in Giles's head.

DragonSlayer 14-11-20 12:41

Just when you think that soon to be former President Trump has run out of stupid things to say he just keeps on going like an evil Energiser bunny.

I saw it in one of this morning's newspapers that Trump said that a vaccine will be available to the general public except for New York where he is feuding with Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo.

The sooner the soon to be former President Trump goes the better, it's reckless to withhold the vaccine from people in New York just because he is having yet another feud with someone.

DragonSlayer 20-12-20 21:02

The current Irish Prime Minister saying that the banks were not bailed out following the 2008 financial crisis even though as recently as 2018 he said that the banks had in fact been bailed out by the state also the hopefully not for much longer Prime Minister's party Fianna Fail (for some reason it's spelt fail but pronounced fall) that was in government at the time were determined that the state bail out the banks.

It seems like he is trying to revise history.

This all started when the Prime Minister was asked why are the striking Debenhams employees only being offered 3 million euro for retraining an offer that's been described as an insult to the Debenhams employees when it was his party that was part of the Government at the time that managed to find 64 billion euro to bail out the banks.

The Prime Minister was reminded that he said he could not put the money on the table because it would set a precedent for workers and their rights.

This coming from the person who along with several others voted to give themselves, judges pay rises and retired former Prime Minister's increases to the pensions of the retired former Prime Minister's.

This is the same government that recently voted against paying nurses for the work they have been doing in hospital's throughout the Coronavirus pandemic and who refuse to help the former Debenhams employees who have been on strike for over 250 days and counting, former employees who are likely to spend Christmas Day on strike outside the former Debenhams stores as it's their only way of preventing stock which is their only bargaining chip from being removed from the stores, there already have been a few attempts by the liquidators to sneak into the stores in the middle of the night and remove the stock, each and every subsequent attempt failed as the former employees were tipped off and stopped the stock from being removed.

disapearing-boy 21-12-20 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8262389)
Fianna Fail (for some reason it's spelt fail but pronounced fall)

For context, the simple reason Fáil is pronounced 'fall' because it's a word from a different language with different phonetic rules. The Irish 'a' sound (even when speaking English) is closer to the Romance languages than the English language. However the accent gives it a longer, deeper sound in this case.;)

DragonSlayer 26-12-20 17:30

The idiots demanding that Gal Gadot be removed from her role as Cleopatra because she's not black.

Cleopatra wasn't black either and neither was the previous actor to play Cleopatra Elizabeth Taylor.

The woke idiots that are everywhere these days never think things through or do a little bit of research before they complain about a woman who isn't black playing a woman in a movie who herself wasn't black.

Then there are the idiots who seemingly don't want her to play the part of Cleopatra because she's not from Egypt, Elizabeth Taylor wasn't from Egypt either.

Yeauxleaux 27-12-20 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 8263381)
The idiots demanding that Gal Gadot be removed from her role as Cleopatra because she's not black.

Cleopatra wasn't black either and neither was the previous actor to play Cleopatra Elizabeth Taylor.

The woke idiots that are everywhere these days never think things through or do a little bit of research before they complain about a woman who isn't black playing a woman in a movie who herself wasn't black.

Then there are the idiots who seemingly don't want her to play the part of Cleopatra because she's not from Egypt, Elizabeth Taylor wasn't from Egypt either.

I hate the toxic Egyptian race debate in general. If I was a modern Egyptian person I'd cringe hard at white and black westerners doing this tug-of-war over my cultural heritage.

Overwhelmingly, evidence suggests the ancient Egyptians looked more or less the same modern Egyptians. That is to say, a brown Mediterranean/Middle Eastern race. That is who should represent ethnic ancient Egyptians in the media.

But yes, Cleo wasn't even an ethnic Egyptian, she was literally of Greek descent, descended from the conquering Ptolemies. I love how people want to claim ancient Egypt to validate their modern race politics and haven't bothered to do any bloody research on it :vlol:

For the most part, Assassin's Creed Origins did a great job of correctly representing ancient Egypt.

DragonSlayer 30-12-20 14:21

I heard it on the radio today about a woman whose husband had passed away had to deal with all the usual stuff one has to deal with when someone passes away.

Anyway one of the calls she had to make while dealing with the usual after death stuff had her dealing with someone who said to her when she told them that he was dead, the person on the other end of the phone said to the widow that they would have to talk to her dead husband.

What the widow did next was funny, she impersonated her husband and the person on the other end of the phone said something like that's great now we can do whatever it was that the guys wife needed to do.

This isn't the first time I've heard of this type of thing happening, I remember a few years ago that a woman whose husband had passed away received a letter in his name from the hospital where he died telling him that he would have to come in for a medical procedure.

Is there no end to how stupid people can be asking to talk to a dead person.

GamestarMaster 14-01-21 11:32

Well..
 
One of my friends said that if you really want to integrate into german society you have to drink alcohol.

Los Angeles 14-01-21 13:40

People telling me I have internalized homophobia is pretty dumb.

Quote:

One of my friends said that if you really want to integrate into german society you have to drink alcohol.
Yeah, but only if it's beer.

DragonSlayer 20-02-21 21:10

I watched a Wheel of Fortune fail video on YouTube, I'll watch the rest later.

Two of the wrong answers were really funny.

Two of the answers were Johnny Cash I Walk The Line and Tom Hanks The Green Mile.

The players answered Johnny Cash I Have The Wine and Tom Hanks The Green Mole.

:vlol:

Admles 21-02-21 22:55

"There's no such thing as an atheist, you believe in God even if you won't admit it" :facepalm:

DragonSlayer 24-02-21 22:39

I watched an old episode of Gogglebox Ireland a while ago.

One of the TV shows they were watching had a woman talking to Phillip Schofield about how she had dumped her ghost lover and called the wedding off.

Some of the stuff she said was so stupid.

Stuff like she joined the mile high club with the ghost, that he fell in with the wrong crowd while they were on holiday became really inconsiderate and would disappear for long periods and when he came back bring other spirits back to the house who would hang around for days and he started drinking and doing drugs and that ghosts get ill just like we do.

She literally got ghosted and the spirits he brought back to the house were probably Vodka, Whiskey and Gin. :vlol:

Just when you think you've heard everything along comes someone who dumped her ghost lover and called off the wedding.

Yeauxleaux 26-02-21 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Angeles (Post 8269370)
People telling me I have internalized homophobia is pretty dumb.

I honestly think everyone has internalised homophobia and it just manifests differently in different gays.

Some exaggerate their masculinity to ridiculous comical levels in the hope it'll make them more accepted by straight people. Some exaggerate negative stereotypes in the hope it'll make them more "authentic" and fit in better with their idea of what the "LGBT community" is, branding any normal high-functioning behaviour as "heteronormative" which is a homophobic self-diss. Some become trolls on the internet to claim they were cured.

And some of us just sit judging the ****ing lot of you when we're really just messy queens who live for drama ourselves. No better.

FanosCroft 26-02-21 17:09

shadow is the best in the trilogy

SnatchingEdges 26-02-21 17:13

I have internalised homophobia when I see Shadow haters :jugoflove:

Los Angeles 27-02-21 08:19

Men calling themselves „queens“... :facepalm:

Thank God I found Jesus. I can’t believe that I used to think of this behavior as
normal...

jackali 27-02-21 08:52

As someone who supposedly found Jesus, you could do with showing it a little. Did Jesus not teach not only to love thy neighbour, but also to not judge others.

To essentially say that some people are abnormal both judges them and is not very loving.

It doesn't sound to me as though you found Jesus at all, if you don't understand or practise his teachings.

You seem more like someone who puts stock in the teachings of the Old Testament, which largely have nothing to do with those of Jesus. The judgement you pass on others says more about you than it does the people you judge.

In short, what you just said was one of the dumb things people say.

SnatchingEdges 27-02-21 09:26

Religious ppl who say God doesn't condemn your homosexuality, but you acting on it


Wow so I gotta stay single and virgin forever. That sounds so wonderful, thanks for cheering me up church lady.

Rai 27-02-21 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 8282147)
shadow is the best in the trilogy

Don't be so hard on yourself, FanosCroft :hug:. That's not a dumb thing to say when it's true.

I thought you'd said this before:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 8081922)
SOTTR is the best in trilogy :p

Aww. :p

Joey79100 28-02-21 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackali (Post 8282266)
As someone who supposedly found Jesus, you could do with showing it a little. Did Jesus not teach not only to love thy neighbour, but also to not judge others.

To essentially say that some people are abnormal both judges them and is not very loving.

It doesn't sound to me as though you found Jesus at all, if you don't understand or practise his teachings.

You seem more like someone who puts stock in the teachings of the Old Testament, which largely have nothing to do with those of Jesus. The judgement you pass on others says more about you than it does the people you judge.

In short, what you just said was one of the dumb things people say.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Angeles (Post 8282263)
Men calling themselves „queens“... :facepalm:

Thank God I found Jesus. I can’t believe that I used to think of this behavior as
normal...

How do you even look at yourself in the mirror and think "yes, this is what God wants from me"? It is one thing to choose to deny what you are and endorse whatever frustration/sadness it can bring to yourself, but it's something entirely different and worse to say or think things like you've just said.

Quote:

When claiming that the Bible forbids homosexuality, most people point to Leviticus 18:22 which reads, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.”

But others have argued that the passage is merely one of many archaic religious laws that are no longer relevant to today’s modern times and do not need to be upheld.
From the HuffPost: 13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality (That You’re Probably Guilty Of Doing). There are plenty of articles like this one quoting all the things you're not supposed to do according to the old testament, which is not even meant to be relevant anymore.

Because no, I truly don't think your God will send you to the good place when he sees that you thought you were at least as good as him to allow yourself to judge others the way he is supposed to do when the time comes... instead of actually loving your neighbor like you are supposed to do. Stop the hypocrisy, you're not being a good Christian right now.

DragonSlayer 28-02-21 21:57

Seeing Trump on the TV just now since he was kicked out of The White House reminded me of the time he tweeted Covfefe.

Maybe he was trying to say coffee and being undoubtedly exhausted after hours of tweeting his usual bull:cen: he tweeted Covfefe by mistake.

Los Angeles 28-02-21 22:02

Pretty sure he was trying to say „coverage“.

TRhalloween 28-02-21 22:19

I heard someone say something so dumb.

DragonSlayer 01-03-21 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Angeles (Post 8282564)
Pretty sure he was trying to say „coverage“.

We may never know what if anything he meant by Covfefe more than likely he deliberately tweeted that, knowing that it would get people talking while he did something while people's attention was elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRhalloween (Post 8282569)
I heard someone say something so dumb.

What was that something dumb that you heard someone say or are you referring to Trump tweeting Covfefe?

SnatchingEdges 01-03-21 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRhalloween (Post 8282569)
I heard someone say something so dumb.

That's what you get from reading Los Angeles' posts :p

DragonSlayer 26-03-21 21:46

I saw this on Gamecentral last night and couldn't not :vlol:

If I get an Xbox Series X without a disc drive how do I play my old disc-based games?

The guy answered his question with his question and there are two answers to that question, 1 you don't and 2 keep your old Xbox that can play disc-based games.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.