www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dumb things people say (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210928)

DragonSlayer 29-06-15 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 (Post 7388878)
I once said to my father.

Who invented dogs? I was meant to ask, what did they evolve from/how long have dogs been around but I came out with that question. What was worse, was I was 19 years old when I asked.

That's something that Ralph Wiggum would say, speaking of Ralph he gets some of the best lines on The Simpsons.

Bye bye Lisa tomorrow we find out what 5 minus 3 is

My cat's breath smells like cat food

(Thrown through a window with a note attached) i'm a brick

Me fail english that's unpossible

When i grow up i'm going to bovine university

Help she's touching my special area

I wanna be a triangle

(After being scared) i'm going back inside mommy

Lisa is a sellout, Lisa is a sellout, Lisa what's a sellout?

(After a dam breaks and floods the city) i think i wet the bed

What's a battle?

(With a plastic thing in his mouth) My knob tastes funny

My favourite Homer lines

I never apologise i'm sorry but that's the way i am

For all you know you could wake up dead tomorrow

I am so smart smrt i mean smart

Lara_Fan1 29-06-15 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 7388893)
That's something that Ralph Wiggum would say, speaking of Ralph he gets some of the best lines on The Simpsons.

Well I've never been compared to Ralph Wiggum before but I lol'd at this post. Looking at all the examples you gave, it seems I have more in common with him than I thought :vlol:.

Newraider75 29-06-15 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admles (Post 7388871)
This reminds me of that member who made a thread asking about the different seasons in southern hemisphere vs northern hemisphere, then one bright spark actually asked if we called our cold weather summer and our hot weather winter, to line up with the rest of the world.

Oh lord :vlol:

DragonSlayer 29-06-15 15:15

Years ago i heard a kid ask its mother is the river there because someone left the tap on :vlol:

xcrushterx 29-06-15 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admles (Post 7388871)
then one bright spark actually asked if we called our cold weather summer and our hot weather winter, to line up with the rest of the world...

You should :tea: j/k

CerebralAssassin 29-06-15 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 7388586)
What post? lol I didn't even see yours. :P

oops!nevermind then:pi:

Daring Do 29-06-15 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer (Post 7389057)
Years ago i heard a kid ask its mother is the river there because someone left the tap on :vlol:

Aw, that's cute! :D

LuigiEspadachin 29-06-15 19:26

Eleven years ago. My MSN account was hacked and strangely whoever did it was just saying one thing to people. One thing that you'd only know if you knew me personally which made me think it was someone from school. (I wasn't really as open online then as I am now). I tried explaining the situation to a supposed friend of mine, his response?:

"What's wrong with someone using your account?"

Keep in mind we were like 14-15 at the time. But still so dumb I've not forgotten that.

Mind you, I've said some dumb stuff too. I was in hospital after a procedure and was hooked up to morphine. My mother was telling me about a story she read in the paper about a guy who died from falling off a balcony. My answer?:

"Is he alright?"

Admles 30-06-15 08:57

Another dumb thing that infuriates me, when someone goes through your phone / invades your privacy and JUSTIFIES it with "what have you got to hide?" :hea:

CerebralAssassin 30-06-15 16:33

^ ikr? paranoid girlffriends...arrgh!:hea:

SebCroc 02-07-15 09:49

This happened not long ago...

We were paired up in class for a poster project, which was set due in a week. Nearing the end of the lesson, my partner and I agreed to split the workload and finish it at home, then combine it in the following lesson.

Fast-forward to next lesson, she comes with nothing. Her response?

"I... forgot. I'll bring it next time, promise! <3"
XOXO. k bye.

I'm not this stupid. It's obvious you didn't forget. You were just too lazy to do your part :hea:

Following this affair, she avoided the topic completely as if nothing had happened, and I ended up finishing the project myself. This is why I despise group work; I always end up with the useless people :(

Sir Launcelot 02-07-15 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SebCroc (Post 7391593)
This happened not long ago...

We were paired up in class for a poster project, which was set due in a week. Nearing the end of the lesson, my partner and I agreed to split the workload and finish it at home, then combine it in the following lesson.

Fast-forward to next lesson, she comes with nothing. Her response?

"I... forgot. I'll bring it next time, promise! <3"
XOXO. k bye.

I'm not this stupid. It's obvious you didn't forget. You were just too lazy to do your part :hea:

Following this affair, she avoided the topic completely as if nothing had happened, and I ended up finishing the project myself. This is why I despise group work; I always end up with the useless people :(

You should have just not done your half too, then waited until the teacher asked for it and pointed the finger.

DragonSlayer 11-07-15 14:11

The things charity muggers aka chuggers say and do to try and get you to donate is irritating, a good few years back one of them asked me would i like to share their umbrella (it had just started raining heavily) i just walked on and ignored them, it's especially irritating when they insist on blocking your path even more so when they are all over the place, sometimes there would be as many as eight (sometimes more) on one street.

Tommy123 11-07-15 14:26

"oh you have anxiety? Just stop worrying about it you're fine"

DragonSlayer 11-07-15 15:39

People saying have you seen my glasses when they're wearing them :D

Admles 11-07-15 16:22

"I didn't know that was against the TRF rules", after they've been banned twice for said offence already :pi:

Vinkula 11-07-15 16:35

"Are those real glasses you're wearing?"

No :cool: I downloaded them from PS Store.

DragonSlayer 20-07-15 15:43

When a 7ft NBA player named Reggie Harding attempted to rob a Detroit gas station with a mask, the attendant said i know it's you Reggie to which he replied no man it ain't me.

Dumb things people say in movies:
I was flicking through the channels over the weekend looking for something to watch there wasn't a lot on so i watched the last half hour of Sand Sharks on syfy the lines in the movie were terrible but funny.

One person got bitten in half and some guy said to her i'll just put your guts back in and you'll be fine this was the same guy who for some reason decided to sing row row row your boat to the sand sharks before being eaten.

TheRCroft 20-07-15 15:52

"I'm from Portugal."
"Oh yes, Spanish is such a beautiful language."

I'm not even kidding, this happened to a friend of mine not so long ago. The amount of people who, in the 21st century, still think Portugal is some sort of Spanish province is too damn high. Funny, considering Portugal is older than Spain as we know it today.

Sir Launcelot 21-07-15 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 7406594)
"I'm from Portugal."

I'm not even kidding, this happened to a friend of mine not so long ago. The amount of people who, in the 21st century, still think Portugal is some sort of Spanish province is too damn high. Funny, considering Portugal is older than Spain as we know it today.

You mean Portuguese people don't speak Spanish? :eek:

brincadeira... ;)

DragonSlayer 21-07-15 14:47

Lead singer of a rock band Chicago said this before he died, don't worry about it look the clips not even in it before holding it to his head and pulling the trigger.

I saw this one in a cartoon in a paper, long story short suicide bomber school, the instructor has a bomb wrapped around him and he says to his students, pay attention because i'm only going to do this once. :D

Draco 21-07-15 18:54

"My daughter died in a car accident last week."

"Oh my god! Is she alright?"

Sir Launcelot 22-07-15 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco (Post 7407333)

:vlol:

DragonSlayer 22-07-15 13:21

Quote:

:vlol: that's brilliant

A number of years back i was flicking through the channels looking for something to watch, i came across a show about people with weird past-times anyway these two people liked to hang themselves from trees using hooks inserted into their skin.

When being interviewed they said they met while hanging out :D dumb and funny at the same time

My favourite line from the Futurama episode Luck of the Fryrish

Bender: Apparently this brave Adonis, this Cadillac of men, was the first person on Mars.

Fry: First person on Mars? I should have been the first person on Mars! He stole my clover, he stole my name, and he stole my life!

[punches statue]

Fry: And now he broke my hand!

SunDormant 25-07-15 00:12

I still remember a really stupid and racist heading in a news channel saying something like: "Two persons and three bolivians died in a train crash"

:pi:

EDIT: LOOOL I just noticed I said two persons instead of two people xD Damned spanglish!

robm_2007 25-07-15 05:08

Quote:

"I'm from Portugal."

There's also the common mistake that Portugal is in South America.

Quote:

Wahhhhhtt!! :vlol:

DragonSlayer 26-07-15 13:06

I was watching a few text message fail videos on Youtube last night.

Message 1

These are the best of the fails.

Dude you left your phone at my house

Are you there?

Hello

Jay

Why aren't you answering?

Oh wait

Message 2

When are you going to Orlando?

In 4 days

I'm jealous i want to go and get my picture taken with Mickey Manboobs

Mouseeeeeeee !!!! fml seriously

I can't breathe

Message 3

You know that song you like?

Which one?

Sexy and you know it

Ya

Well here's one for you i walk into your room and this is what i see, there's a condom on the floor and it's staring at me. I have a rage in my stomach and i'm not afraid to show it, show it, show it you're grounded and you know it.

What stood out for me in that 3rd message is that condoms can stare :D

DragonSlayer 02-08-15 14:36

Bump

I think the scariest part of having triplets is having to be pregnant for 27 months :vlol:

DragonSlayer 02-04-16 13:18

Bump

I watched Hunger Games Catching Fire with my mother the other night, halfway through the movie she asked me if Katniss' name was cactus :facepalm::vlol:

SrDanielPonces 02-04-16 13:27

Quote:

"I'm from Portugal."

That is so sad indeed </3

peeves 02-04-16 17:00

When people say to other people that are allergic to everything at least it ain't cancer.

DragonSlayer 21-11-17 12:30

Some dumb newspaper headlines I found online.

Are prostitutes getting screwed?
Goat accused of robbery
17 remain dead in morgue shooting spree
Man kills himself and runs away
Homicide victims rarely talk to police
Breathing oxygen linked to staying alive
Ex-minister breaks silence, says nothing
City unsure why the sewer smells
Federal agents raid gun shop, find weapons

My favourite is army vehicle goes missing after being painted with camouflage paint.

Woops 21-11-17 12:41

facebook clickbaits basically

Yeauxleaux 21-11-17 13:45

I got asked once if a lift went up and down. They got a sarcastic answer.

"Rio Janeiro, ain't that a person?"

Vinkula 21-11-17 15:11

I wear a uniform at work (same as everybody and even a name tag and stuff) and people (customers) ask me everyday "Do you work here?".

strawberry22 21-11-17 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinkula (Post 7797494)
I wear a uniform at work (same as everybody and even a name tag and stuff) and people (customers) ask me everyday "Do you work here?".

THIS.

Also, when people say ďI could care lessĒ it really bugs me. Like okay so youíre insinuating you could care less about what Iím saying, so youíre basically saying that you care to a degree?? Like I donít get it itís so contradictory to the context itís used in

Quebsenuef 21-11-17 22:12

Quote:

Yes!! Me too!
I was working security, have the whole uniform and name tag thing going and someone asks me if I work here. ďNo, I donít. What would give you the idea that I work here?Ē and then theyíre usually left speechless for a few seconds when they realize their question was sort of dumb haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry22 (Post 7797585)
Also, when people say ďI could care lessĒ it really bugs me. Like okay so youíre insinuating you could care less about what Iím saying, so youíre basically saying that you care to a degree?? Like I donít get it itís so contradictory to the context itís used in

Iím the same way when my mother says ďIrregardlessĒ.
I just want to shake her shoulders and yell ďTHAT IS NOT A WORD THE WORD IS REGARDLESS. STOP THE INSANITY.Ē but knowing my mother she would most likely punch me in the mouth. :p So I let her live in ignorance.

Soma Holiday 22-11-17 02:30

Someone said that camoflauge uniforms were ugly because they needed more clean lines in the design to look nicer...:hea:

DragonSlayer 22-11-17 08:05

Quote:

I would sometimes get asked that when I would go into my local Tesco, it also happened a number of years ago when I went to London and was in a shop at Piccadilly Circus.

All businesses should have the staff wear t-shirts that have staff written on the back and for those that wear shirts a jacket with staff written on the back no-one pay's attention to name tags anyway the staff in my local GameStop sometimes wear t-shirts with staff written on the back.

@yeauxleaux lift up and down :vlol:

Cochrane 22-11-17 08:39

I got asked what Git was and whether Linux was still free. By professional (as in getting paid for it) software developers, only two weeks ago.