View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 16:00   #1
AgentXP

Smile Create a Classic Competition 2019

Create a Classic is BACK!

Main Rules:

• Deadline for completion 31st October
  • Create a level with at least 30 mins of gameplay
  • Use original textures from Tomb Raiders 1-5.

Extra Rule clarifications

• Join at any time, as long as your entry is completed by the deadline!
  • A combination of any textures from the first five TR’s is allowed – e.g. Can use a mix of both TR1 and TR3 textures in one level.
  • New Transition textures may be created, as long as they are modified original game textures
  • Base your level on an original WAD or combination of original WADs from TR 1 to 5; however you ARE allowed to include some custom non-original or modified original objects if they are in-keeping with the classic feel of the level. Please keep this to a maximum of around 12 new items per level to keep it feeling classic. (N.B. If you want to create a level with lots of new custom objects, then this probably isn’t the competition for you!)
  • Animations from TR5 such as crawl-flip-out, swingpole and tightrope are allowed. (Builders are encouraged to make use of the faster shimmy/climb-up anims or a new standing pose anim if they wish )
  • Custom scripts are allowed if the results still feel in keeping with the classic theme (Custom flares are allowed)
  • Fog/Distance Fog is allowed
  • Dxtre3D, TRNG, FLEP and Tomb Editor are all permitted, use whichever engine you wish, just maintain a classic feel!
  • 128 bit resized versions of the original textures can be used if preferred
  • If you need to split your level due to limits, similar to the multi-level BtB entries, that is fine

New custom outfits are allowed (In addition to the roughly 12 new items)
Any sounds are permitted (original TR and new)

Please post below if you plan to enter,
and if you have an idea what genre you are planning to build, please state this as well.
Happy Building!

List of Builders and Themes:

LoreRaider: South Pacific
Nina Croft: Catacomb/Egyptian
PhryneCroft: Tibet
SrDanielPonces: Wreck of Maria Doria
scion05: Peru
Sabatu: Atlantis (Now TR4 Giza)
AgentXP: TR4 Cairo/Moorish/Coastal
Dermahn: Jungle
bigfoot: Coastal Ruins/Cleopal/Underwater
Baslakor: Egypt TR1
tombraiderxii: Sleeping with the Fishes
Feder: Antartica
mizuno_suisei: TR2 Offshore Rig setting
sampiza: TR4 egypt/Karnak
kaufi-lc (Maybe): Theme TBC
dcw123: Lost Library
GameGlitcher77: Willard's castle/Labyrinth
LOTRKingluis: TR5 Chronicles Rome level - "All Roads Lead To Rome"
dishmush: TR5 Ireland
klona: TR5 Ireland
matrix54: Underwater Base/Sub
DJ_Full: Catacombs
Osvaldo: London - "Abandoned cathedral"
ThiagoTR: Coastal Ruins/Catacombs/Cleopatra Palace/Lost Library
Reggie: Peru - Jungle/Mountain setting
Quasar NEO: Maybe
disapearing-boy: Maybe - Egypt TR4
Raider99: Underwater Base
croftyboy: TR3 India
tomblover: TR1 Egypt
Topixtor: Monastery level (TR2 engine)
nusretsirin: TR3 India
DroneSpencer: Temple of Xian and Floating Island
CheshireBitch: Theme TBC
dinne: Russia/Siberia
Arakanga: Angkor Wat
GabrielCroft: Rome
benjamin_2010: Greece
DaroRaider: Theme TBC
Howaito: Peru
NelthAarionN: Reunion TR3
_TombExplorer_: Russia/Cold War
Scourge05: Catacombs - TR4
Piano_Raider (grinder1) - Scotland

Completed Levels
Once you have completed your entries, you might want to consider getting your level beta tested, one of the mods can give you access to the testing forum if you ask them. Testing is important, so please try and allow time for this when building! Once that is complete, participants need to please send me their entries, so that I can ensure that they are all published at the same time once the competition is complete.

October Update
It’s now into the final month of building! If you haven’t already, it’s time to start thinking about getting your levels beta tested. If you want access to the beta testing section of the forum, please message one of the mods. (Please don’t message me for access; I’m not a mod, so I can’t help you with this!)

Once you level has been beta tested and fixed, please can you send me a link to your level (via PM), that is live for at least (preferably more than) 30 days, as I won’t be sharing the links on the voting thread until the start of November once all the entries are in.

The Deadline is Approaching...

It’s just over a week until the 31st October, which is the deadline for Create a Classic competition entries. If you would like to submit an entry, please send a PM containing a download link for your level, to AgentXP before the end of the 31st October. (I will check my inbox on the morning of 1st Nov, so it doesn't matter what timezone you are in)

AgentXP will then be sending the levels to trle.net. (Builders do not need to)

If you have a level story or specific screenshots that you want to include, please can you add them to your zip papckage!

Thanks, and good luck with the final building!
Agent

Last edited by AgentXP; 30-10-19 at 18:09.
AgentXP is online now   Reply With Quote