View Single Post
Old 30-03-20, 20:03   #5
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
If somebody owns the GOG or Steam versions of Tomb Raider I and Tomb Raider II (I have the GOG versions), you maybe noticed that the audio isn't synch during the cutscenes.
Not exactly. This problem happened for old GOG playback wrapper (the one that used ogg files), not Steam. The Steam version uses PaulD's CDAudio solution, I know it's code very well, and I can swear, that it must sync with cut scenes properly. Since TR2Main uses the latest PaulD's solution with my improvements, the sound must be OK. If it doesn't somehow, I'm ready to fix it.
Quote:
By the way, I noticed another strange thing. In the last level of TR2, in some cases, the ending cutscene is cut before it ends, and in other cases, everything is normal.
This is typical problem of PC version of the game. It is supposed to fadeout the screen to black while sound is playing on. This feature was properly implemented for Playstation version, but for PC... developers just left the sound cut off because they did not implemented proper screen fade out. My TR2Main fixes it.
Quote:
Concerning dgVoodoo, the waving background and coloured health and breath metres, does it work with the GOG version ?
I recommend TR2Main without dgVoodoo. It should work with latest GOG version perfectly. To understand what you will get with this, just read the change log.

Last edited by Arsunt; 30-03-20 at 20:05.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote