View Single Post
Old 04-02-22, 10:04   #49
b122251
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis zurch View Post
Your PS1 conversions are very impressive. I would have never played the expansions if I hadn't found this. I mainly play them on my PSP and they run great on pops 3.52 through 5.00. Newer pops like 6.60 and 6.61 cause minor lag in a few areas but no crashes or anything serious. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful adventures with the PS1 Tomb Raider community. BTW, What's up with the password protected archives with bible chapters for names in the track1 of your BINs? I'm just curious, that's all.
Thank you for your kind words. The files you refer to on the disc hold the whole project directory.
This is for my benefit, since I have more than once found that I made some project, then finished it,
wanted to return to it later to change something, but I didn't have the project source files anymore.
So I decided the best place to store them was inside the final product. So when making a PS1-game, the
best way to make sure I won't lose the source files is to include them on every copy.

I wanted to make the name of the file something nice, but since I'm on an 8.3 character limitation,
there aren't many things you can write. So I make them references to bible passages that contain some
blessing. For example, Rev 22:21:
Quote:
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
This is both a pleasant blessing for anybody curious enough to go looking at the filenames of stuff
I included on the disc, and a nice reminder for myself on how to open the files.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote