View Single Post
Old 25-02-16, 10:12   #206
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonycraig View Post
What's up with the comics section being so dead? We really need a comics forum section, I barely see anyone discussing them, and surely they're not this underrated?
Well I wasn't too keen on the art of the first series (which I thought was hit-and-miss) but very much like the art so far in post-Rise issue #1. Also like how we didn't have Lara adventuring in every single pane but instead got a glimpse at her personal life. I think the comics are actually better suited to those "slice of life" glimpses than the games are, but it'll be interesting to see if we get more of those or it was an aberration.

I personally am so glad to see Sam still being in Lara's thoughts -- for someone who is "the most important thing" in her life, I thought Lara gave up a little (read:much) too easily on her once she was in jail. The previous series established that Himiko is gradually getting stronger and causing Sam to act increasingly out of character -- you'd figure a girl as smart as Lara would recognize something amiss.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote