View Single Post
Old 02-03-20, 23:06   #17
xtimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke217 View Post
IDK how much interest there is in the TRLE community for this kind of stuff, but I'm well aware the speedrunning community at large hasn't seemed too interested in the "no glitches" category for custom levels (even glitched runs are few and far between).
I'm really not complaining. I just don't know how to say these things in any other ways. And I'm not suggesting any change on the current state.

Speedrunning is not easy. It needs extensive discussions to find the tricks. A problem with custom level is you can't find anywhere to discuss these tricks. Nearly every forum has strict rules for custom levels. For example, on trle.net, you can only ask questions before the walkthrough comes out. For another example, on tombraiderforums.com, you can only have one post per level annoucing the completion. By comparison, each official game has an entire board to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven35175 View Post
I am still curious about how people find the glitch for the speedrun? Trying every walls? Not common to see speedrun video. Nice BTW
Oh, it's tough. Not only trying every wall. You need to accumulate the tricks through time, through many discussions from many people. Each game engine has slight difference, which is crucial to speedruns.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote