View Single Post
Old 27-11-21, 20:53   #1
tomee

Default PC won't put out any signal after I attempted to switch VGA

I bought a new PC recently. Its specs are Intel LGA1200 H510M-S2H, Intel LGA1200 Core i3 10105F 3.7GHz, nVidia Geforce GT 1030, Kingston DDR4 2666MHz 8GB (2×) and Win10 64 bit. I noticed some really low performances in some recent video games like Mortal Kombat 11 or Shadow of the Tomb Raider. In fact I couldn't get stable 30 FPS even on lowest settings which didn't happen even on my arguably weaker, previous PC.

My old PC had an nVidia GTX 750 in it and I had the idea of trying it in my new PC to see if it makes a difference. After the VGA switch, my new PC will absolutely not put out any signal to my display, which is a small TV with an HDMI cable. The new PC will not work either with my new VGA or the old one. Meanwhile the old PC works just fine with either of my VGA's. This naturally means the video cards themselves are not faulty, but I'm at my wit's end. The new PC will turn on so it has power and I can hear the fans and the HDD, however the motherboard LED doesn't seem to be lit.

Is it possible that perhaps during the video card switch the motherboard died for whatever reason? I didn't have any issues with replacing them and either cards fit perfectly in the slot without having to force it. Again my old PC works fine with either card, while the new one works with neither.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote