View Single Post
Old 10-07-19, 21:36   #31
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
As much as I love it, Friends was really losing steam as it went on. By around season 7ish many of the characters start getting so flat and one-note, it becomes not only far less funny but also irritating in some cases (Joey's scenes in particular).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
It's a gradual thing I think. It actually starts quite early for Joey (probably around season 5ish), with the over-reliance on the "haha Joey is unbelievably dumb!!!" gags. Which is disappointing, because I loved Joey's character earlier on and I have a major love of "how you doin?" Anyway, then it's like the rest of the characters gradually follow, by having their individual little quirks overplayed to hell. But yeah by the time Mike shows up it has pretty much gone to **** for me. I could really do without the last couple of seasons. I find them watchable enough if I just want something on the TV in the background, but they really pale in comparison to the earlier seasons.
I agree with these. Especially with the one-noteness of the characters. I absolutely loved the Geller siblings at the beginning but even then Monica joined "God Ross is boring geek" -thing and Ross "God, my sister is cocoo".
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote