View Single Post
Old 04-12-19, 15:59   #9
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Messiah View Post
5. I don't know why some people complain on Shadow's climbing mechanics, but this game has too much climbing too.
This is because Uncharted has always used this sort of climbing, Reboot has merely copied the UC formula, so that's why some criticize TR for it.
Quote:
8. Not enough exploration for a game that flaunts its graphics. It's more of a picturesque horizon that you necessarily can't go to. Kinda like Rise's Syria level, but bigger.
I agree with this. I love Uncharted, but it really lacks in the exploration area. I really love finding artifacts in the reboot and having Lara explain a little bit about them, one of the best things to come out of reboot. Going back to UC after having this in TR makes UC feel really unrewarding in terms of finding artifacts. I don't really care to just look at it, I want to know what it is too!

Quote:
9. I don't really know what Drake can do if he's chased by Jaguars from the TR reboot. I seriously don't know if the control pad can save me. I'm so used to the well mapped buttons on my mouse plus keyboard on PC. The one reason why I haven't died so many times yet is because the cover mechanics is saving my @$$ while waiting to heal. I don't know if my enemies will throw grenades at me, but so far, they have not done that yet.
This is an odd criticism, Nathan would probably be ripped apart like Miguel if he was faced with a Jaguar, just like Lara should've been if the TR games were as realistic as they claim to be.

Quote:
13. Currently at level 6, and throughout the whole stretch, there's only ONE PUZZLE I had to solve. That's the part where Nathan had to get that crucifix figure from the wall. And that even wasn't hard of a puzzle. It's just there. Not hard by Tomb Raider standards.
UC's never had complex puzzles, if any in fact. It's just not really apart of the series, it's always just been an action adventure game through and through. You're comparing this too heavily to TR...

Quote:
15. This game doesn't really feel that much comparable to the Tomb Raider reboot. Max Payne 3 is a better comparison.
I agree as well, so it's odd that TR wants to be UC so bad, lol. Oh wait, I know why, because it's successful, and CD follows wherever the money is.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote