View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 00:48   #721
Danath

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb94 View Post
really?!?!?!? for some reason i only remember tr4 and above being the only engines fans could use to build on because core never released whatever it was for fans to use tr1-3 textures sounds and models... idk how i missed this!
The texture files are independent from the building engine used. You could always use textures from any TR game in TR4 engine, provided you could get your hands on them ( and i don't know how they were made available ).
I used a program named Jack! to extract the textures from the original level files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
The first "functional" version of the Dxtre3d editor was released in early 2000's, and it was called "tre2d" and created by Turbo Pascal. It only worked with a 2d grid map ( not a 3d render viewport ) and you had to choose sector by sector and build the slopes/slants, floor and ceiling details and then check -in game- what was you doing because you didn't have the 3d viewport. Very annoying
I don't know if any level was built and released with this version or this was just an experimental version, who knows..
Next version of the editor was called "Tre3d" and it had a 3d viewport to rotate, pan and zoom the scene, I think this version was released also in 2000 too, and some levels were released with this version... authors like The_ Vagrant, Emoo or The_Quad were the first. Old, very old times
Thank you for explaining that, it is very interesting. Building something with "tre2d" would have been a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
@Danath: It's excelent what Topixtor did by mixing tracks, I like it too. As a background music it recreates both, mistery and nature.
The level seems to be "different" than the rest, I don't know why I do have that feeling.
Glad you like the music, it is exactly what i wanted for this level, even if it will sound out of place in the cave sections... But as you know, you cannot change background music in TR2, it's defined on the script and that's it. When a triggered music ends, the background music returns to what is set in the script.

I don't know if this level is "different", maybe it's a sign that i improved my building abilty.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote